The hate on beats, why?
May 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #886 of 1,217
I'm finding all these posts rather amusing :)

By the way, CB, how are the soul by ludacris HP's compared to the beats models (solo mixr studio pro) I've never seen someone with them nor have I never demoed them.

May 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #887 of 1,217

The hate on beats, why?

Whilst some of the latest models may sound reasonable (according to some reviewers with some credibility) the ones I heard a few years ago, without exception, sounded like bass overblown rubbish.

The general concensus back then by those who had decent headphones owned and/or heard was that beats were utter rubbish.

That is not to say that someone who has never heard a decent set of headphones didn't fall over themselves gushing with praise for them.

When someone makes a call on whether a headphone sounds good or bad needs to be taken in the context of their experience with headphones and their gear they have heard them on.

What also needs to be taken into consideration is the comparative judgement between headphones.
Someone might say that a Beyerdynamic T1 is just a shade behind a Sennheiser HD800, whereas someone else would say the T1 is rubbish compared to the HD800.
Both would say that both these headphones are light years ahead of any beats ever manufactured.

Ther would be some that would say that an early beats was better than the HD800 on their iPod. I believe it. That person would be a basshead and his iPod is NOT something you would audition a HD800 on.

May 26, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #889 of 1,217
[Mod Edit: Please do NOT link to fake headphones, ever.]

May 26, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #890 of 1,217
They are constructed very much like the original studios - lots of hi gloss plastic, but they have an added feature that beats don't have and if did, would be crucified for having - there is a button on one if the earcups that if pressed activated LED lights that light up each frosted S logo on each cup which is powered off battery that runs the active n/c - which incidentally is about the same quality as beats n/c function - offers some noise reduction but not much.

The SL300WB's do run without the n/c function in use, unlike the beats, however the sound quality and volume is dramatically reduced IMO, so I'm guessing that they have an internal amp doing all the work here.

It's been a while since I used the SL's to be honest, so I don't really want to go into an in depth sound review off memory, but what I can say is these cans are very bling with a sound signature very similar to the original beats studio's - which makes sense as clearly this is what Ludacris and SOL were aiming them at.

I guess the ability to play without having to rely on the battery life is a plus, and these cans are generally good fun with a pronounced bass signature - likely aimed at the hip-hop crew out there :)

Thanks for the info :)

lol :D - 'k - here's another couple:

Just showed all the photo's of the purple solo to my gf. "If you could ever get your hands on these, I'd love you even more!". She ordered a Beyerdynamic DT770 today BTW, her first real headphone :D

May 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #891 of 1,217
Beats meets LCD-X 
2 cans with very differing price points and applications
living together in perfect harmony in LCD-X brief case
& not a bad word between them or any squabbling 
 ​
 ​
:D :wink:

"I HAVE A DREAM, WHERE ONE DAY ALL CANS OF ANY MAKE COLOUR OR FREQUENCY RESPONSE
WILL LIVE TOGETHER AS ONE COMMUNITY WITHOUT AUDIO SNOBBERY OR PREJUDICE FROM THEIR OWNERS..."

(Martin Luther Cans)

Wow this is strange coincidence.. After my last post I told my GF "well if you ever get the solo purple, I want an LCD-X! A weird combo but why not! Then scrolled down and saw this.

I'm amazed! More pictures of these together please!
Also do you have the mixr white gold unboxed? I checked out your gallery and only found them boxed..

May 26, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #892 of 1,217
Wow this is strange coincidence.. After my last post I told my GF "well if you ever get the solo purple, I want an LCD-X! A weird combo but why not! Then scrolled down and saw this.

I'm amazed! More pictures of these together please!
Also do you have the mixr white gold unboxed? I checked out your gallery and only found them boxed..

The unboxed pics of rose gold mixr cans start from here: http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1106182/beats-mixr-limited-edition-rose-gold/sort/display_order/

I don't have any Beyer cans, but from reviews understand they are a well respected manufacturer of cans made in Germany with the likes of ULTRASONE & Sennheiser, so sounds like your girl has ordered some sweet cans for sure :)

Can you buy that model of Beyers in different ohms?

May 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #893 of 1,217
The unboxed pics of rose gold mixr cans start from here: http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1106182/beats-mixr-limited-edition-rose-gold/sort/display_order/

I don't have any Beyer cans, but from reviews understand they are a well respected manufacturer of cans made in Germany with the likes of ULTRASONE & Sennheiser, so sounds like your girl has ordered some sweet cans for sure :)

Can you buy that model of Beyers in different ohms?

Wow these look great! Although very feminime..

The beyers are a gamblebuy, she never heard them and neither did I.
And yes here are multiple ohm's. She ordered the 32 ohm, but here's also an 80, 250 and 600.

Got any more pics of the purple solo and lcd-x together ^.^?

May 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #894 of 1,217

And yes here are multiple ohm's. She ordered the 32 ohm, but here's also an 80, 250 and 600.

I'll put a few more pics up when I get back home - out at moment - any particular color solo's you want pictured with the LCD-X's apart from purple?

lol - I never thought I'd be taking requests for such bizzarity - but my fault for starting it in the first place I guess :D

May 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #895 of 1,217
I'll put a few more pics up when I get back home - out at moment - any particular color solo's you want pictured with the LCD-X's apart from purple?

lol - I never thought I'd be taking requests for such bizzarity - but my fault for starting it in the first place I guess :D

Sorry haha it's just me and my GF's dream pair, the lcd-x for me, the solo for her ^.^

Well I'm also really digging the alexander wang studio's, the all white solo and the detox :D

May 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #896 of 1,217
How can you tell they're fake? These on the other hand...bought these just for lulz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KA2O8YM/
how can you NOT tell they are fake? The pads are different, the headband doesn't have as much foam on it, the box isn't as detailed (Dre's face shouldn't be that dark.) and the cord is a different shape and a different shade of red... I took a good look at my friend's beats on Friday.

May 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #897 of 1,217

you have NO idea how wrong that sounds... Plus, I thought the rose gold mixr's looked like something an American pimp would wear... In other words, quite masculine.

May 26, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #898 of 1,217
"I HAVE A DREAM, WHERE ONE DAY ALL CANS OF ANY MAKE COLOUR OR FREQUENCY RESPONSE
WILL LIVE TOGETHER AS ONE COMMUNITY WITHOUT AUDIO SNOBBERY OR PREJUDICE FROM THEIR OWNERS..."

(Martin Luther Cans)

I have it on impeccable authority that the same "image makers" that have successfully planned the state initiatives in favor of some-sex marriage are now turning their attentions to Affirmative Action for Beats Cans ("AABC").

And I love the pictures and ads posted!

May 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #900 of 1,217
I like how killspeed gets a 1,200$ headphone, and his gf gets a 200$ headphone... Don't tell your gf how much that LCD-X costs, or she'll want real diamond studs to go on the solos to even the field. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back