The hate on beats, why?
May 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #916 of 1,217

I still think your hearing is broken if the Solos are that high-ranked.  I can see why someone would like the Studio 2.0 over the Mixr.  One's more bass-heavy and harsh and the other is a bit more of a cleaner sound.  They really did a good job (still rather overpriced) with the Studio 2.0 headphones.

The Solo HDs are better than the Solos though.

May 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #917 of 1,217
I still think your hearing is broken if the Solos are that high-ranked.  I can see why someone would like the Studio 2.0 over the Mixr.  One's more bass-heavy and harsh and the other is a bit more of a cleaner sound.  They really did a good job (still rather overpriced) with the Studio 2.0 headphones.

That could be either a joke, or an error on CB's part (which is find unlikely).

May 27, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #918 of 1,217
This is the second time I've had to recharge the headphone in 6 months. I use it about 2 hours a week on average.

The battery life of this thing is insane!

Too late, I've already got her too deep in the hobby, she knows the prices of Audezes and Staxs. She even had a listen to the hd800 along with me :D she's turning in one of us soon.. I might search for a fake purple solo and gift it to her (too broke for a real pair haha). Does anyone here have experience with the new fake solo's? Like any websites that sell them?

Sorry Currawong, my bad.

In the upcoming days I'm going to compare my beats pro detox (549 euro's) vs a Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohm (145 euro's). Lets see who wins ^.^
really? That's a crazy battery life lol... So, she gets a fake beats solo, and you get a real LCD-X?? -_-... And I think we know which will win in that headphone fight...

May 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #919 of 1,217
really? That's a crazy battery life lol... So, she gets a fake beats solo, and you get a real LCD-X?? -_-... And I think we know which will win in that headphone fight...

Haha no worries, i won't be getting the LCD-X anytime soon, maybe in a few years.. And she can listen to it as much as she wants ^.^

May 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #920 of 1,217
Actually, the new Solos actually sound decent. I'd rank them above the TMA-1. I couldn't listen to the old HD's for more than thirty seconds, but the revised ones sound better to me than the Mixrs. Then again, I've never liked the Mixrs.

May 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #921 of 1,217
Before I tried the Beats Solo (Not the HD version), I have already read many reviews and negative things about the Beats brand. I didn't know how bad it was since I've never tried their headphones before. A few months ago, my classmate at the lunch table in school was raving by how awesome his Beats Solo were. "This makes my music sound so awesome! Dubstep sounds so sick! (Skrillex)" Back then I only had the SoundMAGIC E10s which are bang/buck IEMs and was curious in how the Solos sounded. I asked him if I can listen to my music for a little bit and he agreed. I tried them on and noticed that they were pretty comfortable from what I remembered. Once the music was flowing out, I couldn't believe what I heard. The first thing that comes to my mind was LIFELESS. For that price it was like my classmate has been cheated out of his money and brainwashed by the media. Then I realized how bad the Beats brand is. However, if you guys say that the newer headphones are improved but still overpriced, I'll believe it. Its atleast a good thing that they started to do something about the audio quality.

May 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #922 of 1,217
Actually, the new Solos actually sound decent. I'd rank them above the TMA-1. I couldn't listen to the old HD's for more than thirty seconds, but the revised ones sound better to me than the Mixrs. Then again, I've never liked the Mixrs.
well I tried solo HD.. Not impressed at build, or sound for the price. I'll try mixr's sometime now.

May 27, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #923 of 1,217
I thought the Mixrs were way too bright and uncomfortable. Which is a shame because I'd love a headphone that was made like them. My current portables (K181DJ) fold up nicely, but have the "signature" AKG cold upper midrange the K550 and K701/702 have and it's finally getting to me.

May 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #925 of 1,217
They're overpriced, common as muck, and the only reason they're so popular is because they've been endorsed by an ageing gangster rapper that needs cash to fund his steroid addiction because he isn't selling records anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you even lift?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #926 of 1,217

Er....what the heck are you talking about?

The video I posted is the UrAvgConsumer's top 6 beats headphones, NOT mine - I just thought it may be of interest, on topic etc

What's wrong with you already?
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

This confusion reminds me of Fred the bail bondsman soundboard prank call video's - lol
biggrin.gif

"Wow...

...is this how you get out of your responsibilities, is this the way you act?...

are you drinking or taking drugs right now....you and I have got on along fine and I don't know why this is happening..."

Here's some pics I've just taken of light blue monochromatic solo HD's in smaller pic format, after a moderator deleted one of my prior posts due to people complaining it made thread hard to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back