The hate on beats, why?
May 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #857 of 1,217
Plus, this one isn't really a bashing thread...

May 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #858 of 1,217
Indeed they do pause the music when you take them off.  Here are a couple of things I have posted about them:

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/715959/comparing-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones-parrot-zik-beats-studio-2013-wireless-sennheiser-pxc-310-bt-quasi-objective-tests#post_10487062
  2. http://www.head-fi.org/t/109756/rank-the-headphones-that-you-own/4095#post_10528598
  3. http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones-Control/product-reviews/B0081TH24O/ref=dpx_acr_rat_t2_txt?showViewpoints=1

Hope this helps!

May 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #859 of 1,217
I own a fidelio x1 and a beats pro and I was experimenting with cables yesterday for my beats pro since I was thinking "hmm.. cables does help in clarity for my x1.. why not switch the cables on 'em ehh?" . So I tried x1's cable on the beats and blew my mind. Everything became sooooo clear (I always felt the pros were muddy sounding) and made me love my beats. Abit less bass, but very great Improvements on clarity. You guys should check it out :p

Homer-Facepalm.jpg

:D

May 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #861 of 1,217
The Parrot Zik is one can that I've yet to hear for myself, though reviews are very positive and I think the design is fantastic.

I read they auto turn on/off when you put them on/off due to sensors on earcups - pretty swish - I don't know of any other can with that feature?

Uh...Beats Studio 2.0 lol. I thought that was obvious, though the Zik came first with those features.

May 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #862 of 1,217
I own a fidelio x1 and a beats pro and I was experimenting with cables yesterday for my beats pro since I was thinking "hmm.. cables does help in clarity for my x1.. why not switch the cables on 'em ehh?" . So I tried x1's cable on the beats and blew my mind. Everything became sooooo clear (I always felt the pros were muddy sounding) and made me love my beats. Abit less bass, but very great Improvements on clarity. You guys should check it out
tongue.gif

Sounds unsubstantiated and placebo-effect like.

May 26, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #864 of 1,217

Time and again cables have been shown to make no difference in expensive high resolution two channel set ups let alone headphones.

May 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #865 of 1,217
Not just that – many owners of X1s state that the X1s stock cable sucks and should be replaced because it worsens the overall sound quality. They say it's because the stock cable has an unusually high impedance for a cable.

Guys before you start jumping on the anti-cable bandwagon, please be aware that a cable can have a number of attributes that can play with the overall impedance. 

(You can easily stick a few resistors into the cable, for instance, and it will stand out in a A-B test).

Anyway, this is all off-topic, prepare for post deletion in 3..2..1..

May 26, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #866 of 1,217

Guys before you start jumping on the anti-cable bandwagon, please be aware that a cable can have a number of attributes that can play with the overall impedance. 

(You can easily stick a few resistors into the cable, for instance, and it will stand out in a A-B test).

Anyway, this is all off-topic, prepare for post deletion in 3..2..1..

dawg, iont even wont no cable less it ain't blinged out ya dig?  Gots ta have mah Beatz blinged out and mah diamonds all ova dem mugs ya dig?  Blind dese hoes ya feel meh?  Diamond headphone, diamond phone, diamond cable dawg!  STRAIGHT FLEXIN'!

May 26, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #870 of 1,217
Time and again cables have been shown to make no difference in expensive high resolution two channel set ups let alone headphones.

If anything, if Monster really used "Quadripole (Quadrupole?) Technology" (basically a fancy name for a shielded audio cable), I think the Beats Pro's cable is just as good as any other two channel single cable.

Quote:
As fo' me, CARBON FIBRE ALL THE THINGS!!!

I'd really like to see it done on a Beats Pro, because I don't have the materials or permission to do so.

CARBON FIBRE ALL THE THINGS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back