The hate on beats, why?
May 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #842 of 1,217
It's better spent on cans and personal audio than drink & drugs

Too right, my friend.

At least I can play with my headphones the next day after buying them 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #843 of 1,217
I like the Zik a lot for what it is. I'd have a pair myself if they weren't so big. The sound is about on par or a little better than the QC15, but they have a lot of cool tech added in for not much more.

May 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #844 of 1,217
I'm 99% sure Bose has the best NC system out there actually...

Tyll rates them as head and shoulders above any other n/c can by a large margin.

First time I experienced the n/c on the Bose Quietcomfort 15's was in an Apple store with a display set for people to try for themselves - they had the n/c function already turned on and I'd read reviews prior, all raving about how amazing these cans n/c function was which recommended trying them for the n/c by itself, without any music, to get the full effect, and wow, they weren't kidding - as soon as you put these cans on your head, it's like the world goes into mute.

I stood for about 10 mins in the store just putting them on and taking them off to marvel at the immense contrast of the noise from the store being muted then back to normal when taking them off again, and if you leave them on for a couple of mins then take them off, you realise just how noisy the white noise of a busy store in a mall actually is, it sounded deafeningly loud such was the contrast.

I'd recommend anyone to check these cans out as I did if you have an Apple or any other store that has a demo set out to try for yourself, and I guarantee you will be impressed if not amazed.

The n/c on beats cans is non existent in comparison - the Bose QC15 really do give you the true sense of muting the world around you at the slide of a switch :cool:

Respect to Bose technicians for producing such awesome n/c, they must be wizards or something :D

May 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #845 of 1,217
Bose engineers are effing incredible at what they do. The speakers themselves are... not bad. But IMO people buy them for travel and are probably looking less for "critical listening" than they are "peaceful listening". In light of that, you aren't gonna top QC, and I too have stood there like an idiot putting them on and taking them off in amazement. 

May 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #847 of 1,217
One fantastic product from Bose is the SoundLink Mini:

Bluetooth speaker, seven hours battery life, yada yada yada.

Importantly, you wouldn't believe the sound from this thing..

I've never really liked Bose, but was blown away by it.

May 25, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #849 of 1,217
Audio Technica ANC9s do an excellent job of noise cancellation with 3 settings.  They sound better than the Bose QCs and are much better made.  Also you can still listen to music if the battery dies.

May 25, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #850 of 1,217
One fantastic product from Bose is the SoundLink Mini:

Bluetooth speaker, seven hours battery life, yada yada yada.

Importantly, you wouldn't believe the sound from this thing..

I've never really liked Bose, but was blown away by it.

I've never heard this speaker before, but thanks for he recommend, I'll certainly keep an eye out for any store with a demo model to check out :)

By the pic it looks pretty conveniently compact with small footprint.

May 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #853 of 1,217
Beats are okay, but highly over criticised. And pretty well made for the most part. Particularly the beats pro and mixr models which could possibly survive a zombie apocalypse ...:wink:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/tqQ0_qOUgF4[/VIDEO]

Mike unboxes the new black colour pro's - infinite black is the new black & Mike summarises this unboxing for me with one word - "wow" :D
Though I still prefer my original Monster Beats Detox, I've had for years now, sourced from an authorised beats retailer to ensure no fake bakes :cool:
Beats should definitely release the pro's in the same kingfisher blue they do with the beats 2.0 studio's aka Eminem Studio's.

May 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #854 of 1,217
I own a fidelio x1 and a beats pro and I was experimenting with cables yesterday for my beats pro since I was thinking "hmm.. cables does help in clarity for my x1.. why not switch the cables on 'em ehh?" . So I tried x1's cable on the beats and blew my mind. Everything became sooooo clear (I always felt the pros were muddy sounding) and made me love my beats. Abit less bass, but very great Improvements on clarity. You guys should check it out :p

Homer-Facepalm.jpg

May 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #855 of 1,217
I can't be the first one to ask this, but why are there TWO beats-bashing threads going on at the same time? Isn't one redundant enough?

I think the two threads should be consolidated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back