The hate on beats, why?
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #212 of 1,217

His buyers don't feel betrayed because they are ignorant high school kids who haven't heard better, so they automatically think it's great.

A friend of mine who is a Beats owner listened to my setup (was a Q701 + Magni/Modi) a few months back and all he said was "Not enough bass. Good headphones are judged by its bass".

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #213 of 1,217

A friend of mine who is a Beats owner listened to my setup (was a Q701 + Magni/Modi) a few months back and all he said was "Not enough bass. Good headphones are judged by its bass".

This is what I'm saying lol. Dr. Dre and his corporate marketing goons would like to have you think that the Beats lineup are some magically formulated headphone line created from gold, and that actual producers and engineers use these in the studio or at home, but it's not like that. I don't think anyone uses these in the studio, well maybe to take a picture to add to his marketing lineup on Instagram or Twitter for $$$...

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #214 of 1,217

This is what I'm saying lol. Dr. Dre and his corporate marketing goons would like to have you think that the Beats lineup are some magically formulated headphone line created from gold, and that actual producers and engineers use these in the studio or at home, but it's not like that. I don't think anyone uses these in the studio, well maybe to take a picture to add to his marketing lineup on Instagram or Twitter for $$$...

Well, you understood something about how business can work. If buyers are stupid enough and as long as there is one paid studio jerk who puts them on his head, thats allowed.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #215 of 1,217
  Well, you understood something about how business can work. If buyers are stupid enough and as long as there is one paid studio jerk who puts them on his head, thats allowed.

I wonder how much Dre pays people lol.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #216 of 1,217
  The reason, why audiophiles hate beats?
I guess it is so much against our philosophy. We pay loads of money to find out the best and most expensive and then do critical listening, instead of having a good time. Hope people will look up to us, because we know so well, but they don't.

Now comes a clever rapper, who nails together a set of headphones that sound better than Apple buds, paints them in cool colors and sells them overpriced (in our eyes). And the worst thing is: he makes a lot of money and people have a good time.
I guess, bashing this is pure envy.

Let us educate whoever wants to listen and leave the others in peace, so they can go on enjoying their gadgets. Dre supplies the fashion market, not the headphone market. And he uses the fashion addicted to put their money into his pockets. That's what H&M does too. (by the way: did anybody sue Dre for misusing an academic title?). 
Nobody bashed Apple for selling mediocre sounding mp3 players in flashy colors with crap earbuds. Instead, we can be thankful, because all this revived the headphone market. And the audiobook market. And the music market. And the headamp market.

What I don't like about that is the waste. Beats will go to garbage, HD800 will not. But that is how our economy works. It also needs very critical and educated consumers to do better. These are not the majority. Dre is not the first to use that to his advantage and to the disadvantage of the environment.

I don't hate 'Beats'. I hate big, bloated uncontrolled bass with irrational hatred and therefore I hated Beats because of its sound, not its brand.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #217 of 1,217

I don't hate 'Beats'. I hate big, bloated uncontrolled bass with irrational hatred and therefore I hated Beats because of its sound, not its brand.

so you also hate Bose? 
Why all this emotion? There is so much crap sold everywhere. You hate all that too? Isn't that just a waste of energy that can be used to do something productive.

I wasted money on Grados because they were advertised as the best headphones in the world. I did not agree. So I sold them, learned my part about marketing and different taste and moved on. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #218 of 1,217
Again, not everyone is analyzing music. Some are just trying to enjoy it. They don't want the flattest or most neutral responce. In fact, most (the reason for beats success) don't want to be critical listeners. They want to bob their head, smile and rock out.
If they feel the money is worth it, so be it.

I thought the ipod analogy was great earlier.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #219 of 1,217
Again, not everyone is analyzing music. Some are just trying to enjoy it. They don't want the flattest or most neutral responce. In fact, most (the reason for beats success) don't want to be critical listeners. They want to bob their head, smile and rock out.

That's why V-MODA's are made lol. I understand your point, but the whole entire sound produced by Beats is just bad. Well, given the fact I heard them last year, I'm pretty sure they're still the same too. Don't people want quality to bob their heads with?

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #220 of 1,217
Why the hate on Beats? Because Head-Fi told you so! Here, we don't care what you like, all we know is that you could be spending your money on much better sounding and higher quality headphones, regardless of your personal tastes. Here, have an ATH M50!

audiotechnica_athm50_img3.jpg

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #221 of 1,217

This is me, basically. I want to bob my head and listen to music. I want to enjoy it. Too neutral of a frequency response, and too big of a soundstage takes away from my enjoyment, so I try to avoid it.

I'm kind of tired of this whole "we as a community have decided that we are right, and you're wrong, thus you are wrong" attitude that is so prevalent here on head-fi. It's allright that people don't like whatever headphones for whatever reasons, we can't all like the same things, but it doesn't make them a bad choice for someone else. People prefer whatever they prefer, and that's the end of the story. If I had to make a guess, I'd guess that most people having "problems with" (read: hate) certain headphones, but maybe beats in particular, may have a bigger problem of not being able to accept other opinions.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #222 of 1,217
  This is me, basically. I want to bob my head and listen to music. I want to enjoy it. Too neutral of a frequency response, and too big of a soundstage takes away from my enjoyment, so I try to avoid it.

I'm kind of tired of this whole "we as a community have decided that we are right, and you're wrong, thus you are wrong" attitude that is so prevalent here on head-fi. It's allright that people don't like whatever headphones for whatever reasons, we can't all like the same things, but it doesn't make them a bad choice for someone else. People prefer whatever they prefer, and that's the end of the story. If I had to make a guess, I'd guess that most people having "problems with" (read: hate) certain headphones, but maybe beats in particular, may have a bigger problem of not being able to accept other opinions.

Stop trying to justify a bad headphone. They're BAD and that's the end of story. You can't justify something bad.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #223 of 1,217

I've tried justifying that everyone has their own personal preferences, and Head-Fi'ers should just accept it and stop the hate. 

It didn't end well.

There should be a new forum rule:

"Strictly NO "Why do people hate Beats?" threads. You're simply asking to be hated yourself, as the topic of hating Beats is controversial, contentious and quarrelsome. All users will be issued a warning by a moderator, and threads deleted/locked."

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #225 of 1,217

Stop trying to justify a bad headphone. They're BAD and that's the end of story. You can't justify something bad.

Headphones are like fruits. Some are big, some are small. Some are sweeter than others. Some are crunchier than others. Some are more versatile than others. Some people like apples, some people like oranges. People who like oranges can like apples too. People who like apples acknowledge oranges to be fruits. 

Stop being immature. Beats aren't the best headphone, but they aren't bad. They earned Monster something like 300 million dollars or something, and where's that money coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back