The hate on beats, why?
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #182 of 1,217
At the end of the day you ARE paying more for the design and extra bells and whistles. In my opinion the over-ear Momentum blows the new studio out of the park, but the Mixr is maybe the best DJ headphone ever (I DJ constantly so I've had plenty of experience, and yes it dethrones the HD 25 IMO, and that's coming from a Senn fanboy to the core). At the end of the day none of these consumer oriented low impedance headphones will come close to my HD600 through my Schiit rig for pure listening, but all these products are for different things, and that's the beauty of it all. We live in a time where you have more selection of quality headphones, whatever style you want, then ever before. Getting pissy about people's taste is just stupid. If I want pure fun and bouncy FR then I grab my Beats when I go to walk my dog. When I want to listen to The Beatles and pick every song apart I listen at my station, and it's awesome that both of those are possible to the average consumer today.  

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #184 of 1,217
I do the know the one pic everyone points to, to claim Dre uses m50s in the studio is older than half the members on the board.

He may still use them, but a lot of people point to that one pic as evidence.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #185 of 1,217
I'm guessing you're talking about this:

Original picture:

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #193 of 1,217
Bucketloads of it.

The beats earcups must be like a tardis - bigger on the inside than the outside.

They warp space AND sound..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #195 of 1,217
He must pack a bale of wool in each earcup to make them sound so BAD.........

I know this is a joke but fun fact; stuffing mineral wool into the cups of the Beats Pro was exactly what was needed to make the bass not sound as disgusting as it was stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back