The hate on beats, why?
Jan 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #226 of 1,217
Here's an idea: let's substitute Beats with durian. Then you will understand how stupid all this is.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #227 of 1,217
  Headphones are like fruits. Some are big, some are small. Some are sweeter than others. Some are crunchier than others. Some are more versatile than others. Some people like apples, some people like oranges. People who like oranges can like apples too. People who like apples acknowledge oranges to be fruits. 

Stop being immature. Beats aren't the best headphone, but they aren't bad. They earned Monster something like 300 million dollars or something, and where's that money coming from?

From a good marketing scheme and a lot of parents Christmas $$$. Headphones are more like restaurants, and Beats are McDonald's. A lot of people go their and they make millions and the food looks good but the quality is bad.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #228 of 1,217
That's an even better analogy than mine.

You don't really hear people say that McDonald's is bad as often as they say that Beats is bad. We all know that McDonald's isn't very healthy. But it's not the only place for food in the world. Saying that it's bad would simply be stupid.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #229 of 1,217
  That's an even better analogy than mine.

You don't really hear people say that McDonald's is bad as often as they say that Beats is bad. We all know that McDonald's isn't very healthy. But it's not the only place for food in the world. Saying that it's bad would simply be stupid.

Man but have you heard Beats? I love McDonald's but still lol. McNuggets are delicious mmmmm.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #230 of 1,217
"Hey, what's your favourite food?"
"McDonald's."
"But it's bad for you."
"Yeah, but I don't always eat it; maybe once or twice a week. You can't really hate the taste of artificially preserved deep fried food though, can you?
"Agreed."

"Hey, what's your favourite headphone?"
"Beats by Dr. Dre."
"Why, bro, they suck!"
"Really? I think they're pretty neat. It's trendy, portable, and has heavy bass which makes dubstep and electro house quite fun to listen to."
"Yeah, but I don't like them...so therefore they suck!"
"FINE! Our friendship is OVER!!!"

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #231 of 1,217
Why audiophiles hate beats (other than overprice)
1. Scam styled advertisements (disturbing)
2. Terrible sound
3. Batteries?! Seriously!!!
4. Build quality
5. Lame fanboys (horrific)
6. Fashion = quality logic (actually they aren't fashionable since a lot of people used them)

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #232 of 1,217

Man but have you heard Beats? I love McDonald's but still lol. McNuggets are delicious mmmmm.

And yes, I have heard Beats. I've heard the Tours (Monster, non Monster, new non Monster), Solo, Solo HD, Studio (old, new), Mixrs, Executives, Pro (normal, Detox although the only difference is the paintjob), Pill, Beatbox Portable and urBeats. I haven't heard the big Beatbox and some other small in-ear ones.

From what I've experienced, the sound isn't really Beats' biggest selling point. It sound powerful (relative to Apple earbuds) - heavy bass and selectively detailed sound is what makes it sound so different. 

Also, the headphone's external appearance, build quality and overall functionality is somewhat better than most competitors. "Cheap plastic"? More like "pretty much all headphones these days are made of plastic, but they're ugly". If you want metal, go for the Executives, Mixrs or Pros. FYI, the Studios have an internal stainless steel headband.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #233 of 1,217
Why audiophiles hate beats (other than overprice)
1. Scam styled advertisements (disturbing)
2. Terrible sound
3. Batteries?! Seriously!!!
4. Build quality
5. Lame fanboys (horrific)
6. Fashion = quality logic (actually they aren't fashionable since a lot of people used them)

1. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
2. Terrible sound to you. It sounds amazing to tone-deaf yolofags and swagfags. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
3. Only the Studios and Executives need batteries. Every other Beats doesn't need them, and the Wireless and new 2013 Studio have a rechargeable one, with the former able to be used without batteries. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
4. Only applies to Solo/HD and old Studio. The Executives, Mixrs, Pros, new Studios etc are quite on par with its competitors, if not better. Have you even felt an Executive/Pro in your hands before? You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
5. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
6. Popular = fashion. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #234 of 1,217
  1. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
2. Terrible sound to you. It sounds amazing to tone-deaf yolofags and swagfags. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
3. Only the Studios and Executives need batteries. Every other Beats doesn't need them, and the Wireless and new 2013 Studio have a rechargeable one, with the former able to be used without batteries. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
4. Only applies to Solo/HD and old Studio. The Executives, Mixrs, Pros, new Studios etc are quite on par with its competitors, if not better. Have you even felt an Executive/Pro in your hands before? You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
5. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.
6. Popular = fashion. You don't need to care as it doesn't affect you directly.

Tone-deaf lololol. Yes, this explains it. I get it now. They are tone-deaf.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #235 of 1,217
Well, not tone-deaf in the literal sense, but used as a term to insult someone who doesn't know how to use their ears responsibly. It's also a word commonly used by Beats haters to insult Beats supporters. I can't think of a better word to describe it; can you? 

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #236 of 1,217
  Well, not tone-deaf in the literal sense, but used as a term to insult someone who doesn't know how to use their ears responsibly. It's also a word commonly used by Beats haters to insult Beats supporters. I can't think of a better word to describe it; can you? 

Everyone's so kind here haha.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #237 of 1,217
That's why V-MODA's are made lol. I understand your point, but the whole entire sound produced by Beats is just bad. Well, given the fact I heard them last year, I'm pretty sure they're still the same too. Don't people want quality to bob their heads with?

I like VMODA and agree they are quality. But what you said is the problem with most "anti-beats" arguements. You heard them a year ago. Yes some have not changed but saying Beats suck is an across the line arguement. I have only heard the mixr and studios in the last year. Neither "suck". Again may not be an audiophile's cup of tea, but they don't suck. The studio doesn't have bloated bass, and has better treble and mids than anything in their line, compared to their older phones. That line is better than a lot of mid-fi phones out there. Now are the expensive, to me, yes, no doubt, but I don't speak for anyone other than me and my family on price.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #238 of 1,217
  so you also hate Bose? 
Why all this emotion? There is so much crap sold everywhere. You hate all that too? Isn't that just a waste of energy that can be used to do something productive.

I wasted money on Grados because they were advertised as the best headphones in the world. I did not agree. So I sold them, learned my part about marketing and different taste and moved on. 

Yes I do, and I see nothing wrong with hating big bloated uncontrolled bass of Beats and Bose. And I personally don't have to waste energy on hating them, just stay away from them as far as possible.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #239 of 1,217
That list could go for a few manufacturers, actually.

Too many continue to lump "beats" togther and speak on one as a whole. They have several models and all sound different. If you hears solos a long time ago, you really should only speak on solos. If you heard pros and didn't like them, speak on the pros. They don't sound the alike.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #240 of 1,217
Actually I tried the beats mixr 3 months ago. At first when I looked at it, it looks smaller than the ad beats show. But still, size doesn't matter, so I wear it. I played Armin van Buuren's spectrum mix, I found the sound is similar to my $50 urbanears fasion headphones which is broken. Other than that, the padding is kind of horrible. Still a decent job by beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back