The hate on beats, why?
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #256 of 1,217
This is what I believe music is all about. Sitting their picking out every little note and instrument is just so dull to me.

Music was made to be enjoyed, when I was young I remember massive parties with fun 90's music like this
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTwgMTI704

For me this hobby started to ruin my love for music and made it all about the equipment but to hell with that! Grab a fun set of phones and just love your music! The Denon D7100 are my next headphone purchase having sold most of my collection I'm sticking with the music Denons! I already have the D600 so them two will serve me for years until they break.

+1 to enjoying the music!  The equipment is just a platform to do this.

And...if Beats help someone enjoy their music a little more, then I'm all for it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #257 of 1,217

His buyers don't feel betrayed because they are ignorant high school kids who haven't heard better, so they automatically think it's great.

Just not true, feel free to click into the profiles of Beats buyers on this site.

One of them owns the 2013 Studios and he seems to know a thing or two about decent gear.  His partial equipment list SR-009 & 007s, HD800s, TH900s, LCD Xs, P7s, DNAs, and Skullcandy Aviators...along with Beats Studios.  

To quote him in another BEATdown thread "Overall they are pretty darn good headphones.  FWIW, I hated the original Studios, so its nice to see Beats take good sound seriously."

Point is...it's up to the buyer (not someone else) to determine what they like and why they like it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #258 of 1,217

Just not true, feel free to click into the profiles of Beats buyers on this site.

One of them owns the 2013 Studios and he seems to know a thing or two about decent gear.  His partial equipment list SR-009 & 007s, HD800s, TH900s, LCD Xs, P7s, DNAs, and Skullcandy Aviators...along with Beats Studios.  

To quote him in another BEATdown thread "Overall they are pretty darn good headphones.  FWIW, I hated the original Studios, so its nice to see Beats take good sound seriously."

Point is...it's up to the buyer (not someone else) to determine what they like and why they like it.

Yeah I guess. It's good they actually stepped up to the plate for 2013, but the Studios cost $449. Wow. I still bet an Audio Technica ATH-M50 sounds better than a Studio, and it's $129.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #259 of 1,217

Yeah I guess. It's good they actually stepped up to the plate for 2013, but the Studios cost $449. Wow. I still bet an Audio Technica ATH-M50 sounds better than a Studio, and it's $129.

And there's the HD600, which also cost less than the Studios...

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #260 of 1,217
But the HD600 are boring. And no the M50 doesn't sound as good as the Studio.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #261 of 1,217
But the HD600 are boring. And no the M50 doesn't sound as good as the Studio.

The vast majority of this forum's population would disagree with that. Taste is subjective, but I'm quite certain that if you create a thread with polling option of which one is better, most would vote HD600.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #262 of 1,217
Even if they are technically better they are still boring. My Q701 are better than my DT770 yet I'd pick my DT770 anyday because they simply are more musical and fun

The HD600 are duller than a doornail and I got so fed up listening to such a boring sound that I ended up hating them.

Saying better isn't really accurate, better for what? Studio use? Maybe but they certainly don't sound as exciting and fun so I would say for that purpose the Studios 2013 are better.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #263 of 1,217
Even if they are technically better they are still boring. My Q701 are better than my DT770 yet I'd pick my DT770 anyday because they simply are more musical and fun

The HD600 are duller than a doornail and I got so fed up listening to such a boring sound that I ended up hating them.

Saying better isn't really accurate, better for what? Studio use? Maybe but they certainly don't sound as exciting and fun so I would say for that purpose the Studios 2013 are better.

Do you think they're worth the price tag?

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #264 of 1,217

Are you suggesting that 'boring' is a universal feeling and not a subjective feeling? Because the HD600 is a revered cans known for its musicality while also having a good tonal balance...

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #265 of 1,217

Wow $449? What country? In the US the M50s are like anywhere from $99 to $125. The studios are max $299.I just picked some up to test on Monday for $256.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #266 of 1,217
Wow $449? What country? In the US the M50s are like anywhere from $99 to $125. The studios are max $299.I just picked some up to test on Monday for $256.

Oh nvm. I confused them with Pro's. I feel dumb now lol. Still I'd rather have the M50's over the Studios though.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #267 of 1,217

Do you think they're worth the price tag?

I don't think hardly any high end headphone is worth the price tag to be honest. There are a few exceptions like the Sony MA900 which I picked up for £80.

The Studio 2013 are £250-£270 it's  expensive but it's no more overpriced than say the V-Moda M100 and Momentum. They certainly sound better than the entry phones like the M50, Shure 440 and Brainwavz HM5 and compete with other Mid-fi portable phones in it's category like the Momentum, UE9000, B&W P7 etc. 

Are you suggesting that 'boring' is a universal feeling and not a subjective feeling? Because the HD600 is a revered cans known for its musicality while also having a good tonal balance...

I find the HD600 so boring that I want to go to sleep. It's balanced, but doesn't sound musical at all I would not recommend it as a musical headset there are far better headphones for that purpose above and below it's price range that do a better job in that regard. I find them quite accurate and detailed but that's about it, they are more of a piece of professional equipment more than something to listen to for me.

I think the Sony MA900 does a better job and more universal than the HD600 around the home and it's much cheaper.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #268 of 1,217

And there's the HD600, which also cost less than the Studios...

But...they in no way compete with the Studios. I'll accept the fact that people with Beats also use them at home, but I'd never feel comfortable using the HD600 outside.

As a side note, I kind of question why the M100 was/is so loved here when their sound is in the same league as the 2013 Studios. I don't find them much more technically proficient than my Aviators when commuting and not concentrating so much on details, and when I'm home, they're easily outshined by my other headphones. They're fun, but it's hard to listen to anything with vocals as the spotlight (then again, I guess I'm doing it wrong if I'm using the M100 for that). I love how portable they are, but I feel much more comfortable stuffing my $40 Aviators in my coat pocket than the M100 because they feel more cheaply made. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #269 of 1,217
  I find the HD600 so boring that I want to go to sleep. It's balanced, but doesn't sound musical at all I would not recommend it as a musical headset there are far better headphones for that purpose above and below it's price range that do a better job in that regard. I find them quite accurate and detailed but that's about it, they are more of a piece of professional equipment more than something to listen to for me.

I think the Sony MA900 does a better job and more universal than the HD600 around the home and it's much cheaper.

YMMV, and you may find the HD600 to be boring. But it seems that this community really believes that the HD600 is a musical pair of cans instead of 'piece of professional equipment'. Again, YMMV but if you are really keen on finding out if the HD600 is boring or not, or if the Studios 2013 is better/worse than the HD600 a simple polling thread would solve this for you.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #270 of 1,217

That's a photoshop of this...

article_big_1333384457kendrick_lamar__Dr_Dre.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back