The hate on beats, why?
May 31, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #1,201 of 1,217
  'They' refer to the topic of the thread, Beats. I've listened to a handful and they all sounded like music through a sock.

Note the "
cool.gif
", indicating some sort of sarcasm/deal with it.

May 31, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #1,202 of 1,217
  Note the "
cool.gif
", indicating some sort of sarcasm/deal with it.

Or perhaps you could read all my posts in this thread (only a handful) so as to better understand what's being discussed. And not finding sarcasm in simple punctuation. 

May 31, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #1,203 of 1,217
Then there's THIS type of thinking… oy vey. I know a lot of people are dying for a bigger screen, but the size it is currently is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone wants a damn mini tablet in their pocket. Especially for hipsters like myself with tight jeans! Seriously though, I'm perfectly content with the size of the current iPhone display.

Iphone 6 coming out in november will have two choices a 4.7 and 5.5 inch screen :)

May 31, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #1,205 of 1,217
This is starting to get like Fred the bail bondsman soundboard prank call confusions again......

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XazCW29uJMM[/VIDEO]​

Don't make me not watch this again

May 31, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #1,207 of 1,217
Iphone 6 coming out in november will have two choices a 4.7 and 5.5 inch screen :)

I only care about how good the stock ear buds are between each model or whether they are both the same...

Could you do a comparative test with complete frequency response charts and post em up here?

I'm hoping that at the very least Apple will be shipping all models of iPhone 6 with upgraded beats buds - and preferably special edition new optional colours like the new solo2's , though if colorware start doing custom colours for them, I'd go for standard white as I've heard that gives the best custom finish as the white acts like a primer - a blank canvas for the optimum result.

If you could give us an ETA on your reviews, that would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance :D

imagejpg1-43.jpg

May 31, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,208 of 1,217
  I remember at one stage apple made dual BA IEMs, they were actually pretty good (from memory).

They were called "ADDIEMS"

Yep, got a pair for my work phone when Verizon cleared them out of their stores; good sound for the money.  Little dry, little light on bass but balanced, clear, and work well with iPhone (duh).  As a headset, I've not found a better value in the Apple market.

May 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,209 of 1,217
Really, I'm sorry for your loss - it's amazing how one persons perception of sound differs from another's - oh well, each to their own - enjoy your Grado's - I may audition the PS-1000's sometime, I've heard on the grapevine that particular model is worth a listen
wink.gif

You know, this whole beats haters Vs beats appreciators is a lose -lose situation, but it's all been said time and time again in a perpetual motion - it's exasperating - so rather than put it into tired, heard before words, I'll, try to sums things up via an image - worth a try at least...

(click on pic for HD)

Don't you agree?

wink.gif

Alternatively - try this: http://bit.ly/U2GUec​

You treat me like I was your ocean​
You swim in my life when it's warm​
My cycles of circular motion​
Protect you and keep you from harm​
You live in a world of illusion​
Where everything's peaches and cream​
We all face a scarlet conclusion​
But we spend our time in a dream​

That's what I saw in the first 5 seconds.

Every pre tuned stylish or faux stylish on ear and over ear product sold to the masses owes a bit of gratitude to what Beats did. They made loot. Many big names in Audiophile followed suit....and made some loot too.

I'll let my boy 2pac have the last say for me regarding Beats and everyone else..

"What more can I say? I wouldn't be here today​
if the old school didn't pave the way"​

2pac - Old School​

May 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #1,210 of 1,217

And I would say your biggest problem is your comprehension skills, or lack there of. Or maybe wait for my review to come of the LCD-X later this week if you're so interested in my head-fi journey before making any more half assed conclusions about when my problems are. And God knows what the rants against Grado step from, they outperform beats a zillion times over.

Grado out perform Beats by a zillion.

Everybody can go home. Nothing to see here
A zillion...that's  like....that's a lot. Beats can't hang with a zillion...couple million? hundred thousand? Zillion? Nah. Undefined spec or not...that's waaaaaaay big.

In a visual....ladies and gents...a zillion.

Tyson plays the part of "Ivan Grado"
Beats?...is the other guy

May 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,211 of 1,217
Grado out perform Beats by a zillion.

Everybody can go home. Nothing to see here
A zillion...that's  like....that's a lot. Beats can't hang with a zillion...couple million? hundred thousand? Zillion? Nah. Undefined spec or not...that's waaaaaaay big.

In a visual....ladies and gents...a zillion.

Tyson plays the part of "Ivan Grado"
Beats?...is the other guy

Ok, take Grado's prize flagship fighter (PS-1000?) and beats prize fighter (Pro's?) and put them in the ring and Grado are gonna open a can of whoop ass on beats - right?

Well before you place your bets, consider this....

Take the fight outta the ring and onto the streets, beats stomping ground if you will...

Beats is a different type of fighter - a street fighter where the rules of engagement differ greatly - where Grado plays by the rules, this is also its weakness - what do I mean, well...

round 1

Take those Grado's out on the street and those big open back ear cups are gonna look stupid and attract a lot of unwanted attention - everybody can hear what you hear...

Beats just landed the first blow with a headbutt....

round 2

Beats is lean and mean - no amplifier required, POW - it's just kicked Grado in the balls and he's hit the deck holding his crown jewels sickening blow for sure

round 3

It's all over - beats walks away in victory

Now if you put beats in Maddison Square Garden, and play by Grado's rules, then its the reverse - beats takes a savaging.

And here lies the problem with comparing two very different camps with different play scenarios that are difficult to put on a level playing stage...

Beats is a street fighter - no queensbury rules adhered to - Grado is a seasoned boxer - and plays by the rules

Take the street fighter into the rules ring and its lights out goodnight for beats

Take Grado out of the ring and onto the streets and that big boy is gonna take a savage beats down for sure.

Two approaches, different attack styles for different stages

Both at home on their own turfs, but equally lost when taken out of it.

2n1c011.gif
2gvsoeb.gif

But this place aint no fight arena - aren't we all here for one common purpose - the love of music - regardless of what headcans we use in personal preference?

The fight analogy is redundant in my eyes - those two "fighters" should be headcan bros friends united for the love of everything we have in common, not what we view to cause divisions...can't the fists drop & just shake on it?

May 31, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #1,212 of 1,217
That's what I saw in the first 5 seconds.

Every pre tuned stylish or faux stylish on ear and over ear product sold to the masses owes a bit of gratitude to what Beats did. They made loot. Many big names in Audiophile followed suit....and made some loot too.

I'll let my boy 2pac have the last say for me regarding Beats and everyone else..

"What more can I say? I wouldn't be here today​

if the old school didn't pave the way"​

2pac - Old School​

Of course, their is no right or wrong answer to how you read that picture - every individual will see and read it differently...

It's subjective and personal :)

But nonetheless, I enjoyed your personal perspective - why?

Because I respect you and your opinions without prejudice as I have no doubt you would for me and others here...

Just a shame that not all of us on this audio platform afford this courtesy :)

ps. Lovin your 2pac summary quote for sure :cool:

v here's my 2pac take on the perpetual bickering between beats haters Vs beats appreciators v

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nay31hvEvrY[/VIDEO]

"Changes"

"Come on come on
I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black.
My stomach hurts, so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he's a hero.
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares? One less hungry mouth on the welfare.
First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal to brothers.
Give 'em guns, step back, and watch 'em kill each other.
"It's time to fight back", that's what Huey said.
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead.
I got love for my brother, but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other. We gotta start makin' changes.
Learn to see me as a brother 'stead of 2 distant strangers.
And that's how it's supposed to be.

How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
aww yeah

I see no changes. All I see is racist faces.
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races we under.
I wonder what it takes to make this one better place...
let's erase the wasted.

Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.
'Cause both black and white are smokin' crack tonight.
And only time we chill is when we kill each other.
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other.
And although it seems heaven sent,
we ain't ready to see a black President, uhh.
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact...
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks.
But some things will never change.
Try to show another way
, but they stayin' in the dope game.
Now tell me what's a mother to do?
Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you.
You gotta operate the easy way.
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way.
Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is.

We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do

what we gotta do, to survive.

And still I see no changes. Can't a brother get a little peace?
There's war on the streets and the war in the Middle East.
Instead of war on poverty,
they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do.
But now I'm back with the facts givin' 'em back to you.
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up, crack you up and pimp smack you up.
You gotta learn to hold ya own.
They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone.
But tell the cops they can't touch this.
I don't trust this, when they try to rush I bust this.
That's the sound of my tool. You say it ain't cool, but mama didn't raise no fool.

And as long as I stay black, I gotta stay strapped and I never get to lay back.
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the payback.
Some buck that I roughed up way back... comin' back after all these years.
Rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat. That's the way it is. uhh

Some things will never change"

May 31, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,213 of 1,217
Ok, take Grado's prize flagship fighter (PS-1000) and beats prize fighter (Pro's) and put them in the ring and Grado are gonna open a can of whoop ass on beats - right?

Well before you place your bets, consider this....

Take the fight outta the ring and onto the streets, beats stomping ground if you will...

Beats is a different type of fighter - a street fighter where the rules of engagement differ greatly - where Grado plays by the rules, this is also its weakness - what do I mean, well...

round 1

Take those Grado's out on the street and those big open back ear cups are gonna look stupid and attract a lot of unwanted attention - everybody can hear what you hear...

Beats just landed the first blow with a headbutt....

round 2

Beats is lean and mean - no amplifier required, POW - it's just kicked Grado in the balls and he's hit the deck holding his crown jewels sickening blow for sure

round 3

It's all over - beats walks away in victory

Now if you put beats in Maddison Square Garden, and play by Grado's rules, then its the reverse - beats takes a savaging.

And here lies the problem with comparing two very different camps with different play scenarios that are difficult to put on a level playing stage...

Beats is a street fighter - no queensbury rules adhered to - Grado is a seasoned boxer - and plays by the rules

Take the street fighter into the rules ring and its lights out goodnight for beats

Take Grado out of the ring and onto the streets and that big boy is gonna take a savage beats down for sure.

Two approaches, different attack styles for different stages

Both at home on their own turfs, but equally lost when taken out of it.
2n1c011.gif
2gvsoeb.gif

But this place aint no fight arena - aren't we all here for one common purpose - the love of music - regardless of what headcans we use in personal preference?

The fight analogy is redundant in my eyes - those two "fighters" should be headcan bros friends united for the love of everything we have in common, not what we view to cause divisions...can't the fists drop & just shake on it?

I'm not a beats fanboy (anymore), and have never heard a Grado,
but this is an extremely good explanation, your average Joe could easily understand this. Just wanted to compliment you on that :)

May 31, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #1,215 of 1,217
Remarking on CB3723's excellent animated headphone fight analogy...

I have both the Grado (the PS-500, not quite the PS-1000 flagship but darn close) and the Beats Pro.

I use them both, a LOT!  I could no more do without the Beats and rely on the Grados as I could give up the Grados and depend upon the Beats.

My music is "bimodal,"  i.e. of two different types... natural and synthetic.  And I use one headphone for one type and the other headphone for the other type.  Either sounds poor on the wrong headphone.

Natural music uses acoustic instruments, either no or minimal amplification, and relies on excellent high-frequency response to communicate the sound of the pick on the strings, the ring of the drumhead, and a transparent view into the performance space.  A great example is the Eric Clapton album "Unplugged."

My synthetic music is based on electronic generation of sounds (or electronic tailoring of native acoustic sounds).  Heavy bass that you feel as well as hear, sampling / editing / rearranging recordings --- these are its hallmarks.  Examples include hip-hop and electronica, with artists such as B.o.B. ("Throwback" verse 3 has some grab-you bass) and Daft Punk.

I would no more listen to synthetic music with Grados as I would dig weeds in my garden wearing my suit and tie.  Likewise, I would no more listen to natural music with my Beats Pro than I would wear my torn gardening jeans to a business office.

I buy and advance my headphones in both domains, somewhat separately,  I do not buy one headphone trying to straddle either... the end goal of the natural domain may be the Sennheiser HD 800, while the end state of the synthetic may be the Denon D7000, JVC HP-DX1000, Fostex TH-900, or Audeze LCD-3 (not as sure... still learning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back