The hate on beats, why?
May 31, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,186 of 1,217

Both this and the continued mocking of Beats are a good example of how companies ruin their reputation. The original iPod buds were horrid, so people couldn't believe that they could provide good-quality buds with their iDevices. Likewise, the original Beats were horrid-sounding (overlooked by headphone-ignorant journalists who all said "Wow! Music with bass!") and fairly easy to break. Like Skullcandy did, they have a reputation to overcome. Now, because Beats muscled out their original partner, Monster, both companies have gone on to make better headphones than they did before.

Considering Beats has nearly 2/3 of the headphones market and just got acquired by Apple for three-freaking-billion-dollars I don't think they're terribly concerned about having a "ruined reputation". 

TBH, the actual reputation (meaning, the perception by the vast majority of people) is that Beats are great headphones but audiophile nerds hate them. It's the equivalent of film snobs yelling about how Avengers was a bad movie while it earns enough money to purchase several medium-sized countries and most people soil themselves over how friggin' awesome it was. 

May 31, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #1,188 of 1,217
If you're going to waste your money why not pick up a new iPhone with a half decent sized display aswell. Oh hang on they don't make one.

Then there's THIS type of thinking… oy vey. I know a lot of people are dying for a bigger screen, but the size it is currently is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone wants a damn mini tablet in their pocket. Especially for hipsters like myself with tight jeans! Seriously though, I'm perfectly content with the size of the current iPhone display.

May 31, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #1,189 of 1,217
  I've also compared them to the considerably more pricey HiSoundAudio Living earbuds here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hisoundaudio-living/reviews/9404

And the Astrotec Lyra here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711872/astrotec-lyra-open-back-earbud

Here is Tyll reviewing the "insanely great Apple Earbud":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FS2eT-lC10

Anyway. The last few pages of this thread are making me tempted to pick some of these up:

Same! That stealthy finish...

[Mod Edit: This is a good time to read the Posting Guidelines.]

You dun broke it, @cb3723 

May 31, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #1,191 of 1,217
They sound terrible. If I had not listened to them first I would have gotten into head-fi a long time ago.

What does?

Your Grado's sound terrible?

Don't own Grado's personally but I thought they had a good rep?

Maybe you were unlucky and got a duff pair?

You should just sell them and move on dude - the beats Studio 2.0 wired and wireless are highly recommended - go audition a pair and be pleasantly surprised my friend...

Trust me - I'm an advanced audiobeatsphile from the interwebs :wink:

Here's my card if you wish to check my credentials:

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/874680/my-headphones/

:cool:

May 31, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #1,192 of 1,217

... It's the equivalent of film snobs yelling about how Avengers was a bad movie while it earns enough money to purchase several medium-sized countries and most people soil themselves over how friggin' awesome it was. 

That movie was good.

Who can dislike a movie where the Hulk picks Loki up and ragdolls him into oblivion? I mean, dat rage.

May 31, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #1,193 of 1,217
Then there's THIS type of thinking… oy vey. I know a lot of people are dying for a bigger screen, but the size it is currently is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone wants a damn mini tablet in their pocket. Especially for hipsters like myself with tight jeans! Seriously though, I'm perfectly content with the size of the current iPhone display.

Exactly, why have an oversize smartphone display when you've got an iPad?

May 31, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #1,194 of 1,217
That movie was good.

Who can dislike a movie where the Hulk picks Loki up and ragdolls him into oblivion? I mean, dat rage.

Just saw the current X-Men movie - it's awesome - highly recommended :cool:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ERT6ByXEDFM[/VIDEO]

Is kinda like a parody of the beats haters (bad guys) Vs beats appreciators (good guys, X B(eats) Men - lol :D

"So many battles waged over the years...
And yet none of them like this...
Are we destined to destroy each other?
Or can we change who we are & unite?
Is the future truly set?

All those years wasted fighting each other..."

WE NEED TO BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE...

May 31, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #1,195 of 1,217

If you're going to waste your money why not pick up a new iPhone with a half decent sized display aswell. Oh hang on they don't make one.

I wish I could find an Android that had the same or similar build quality and screen size. My Note is starting to feel too big and bulky, and the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is starting to look like an attractive option, at 4.3 inches and 720p. Size=/=decent. Apple has known that for years; it's the pressure from other smarphone manufacturers and iPhone users in general that are swayed by other manufacturers that forced them to upsize.

What does?

You should just sell them and move on dude - the beats Studio 2.0 wired and wireless are highly recommended - go audition a pair and be pleasantly surprised my friend...

Trust me - I'm an advanced audiobeatsphile from the interwebs
wink.gif

cool.gif

Yeah, if the Grados were that terrible, why not try something new? To be exact, the New Wireless Beats Studios!

That movie was good.

There will definitely be a bunch of hardcore Marvel fans that will be like "It ruined the comics! Just an excuse to rake in money" and stuff like that.

May 31, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #1,196 of 1,217
I wish I could find an Android that had the same or similar build quality and screen size. My Note is starting to feel too big and bulky, and the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is starting to look like an attractive option, at 4.3 inches and 720p. Size=/=decent. Apple has known that for years; it's the pressure from other smarphone manufacturers and iPhone users in general that are swayed by other manufacturers that forced them to upsize.

Yeah, if the Grados were that terrible, why not try something new? To be exact, the New Wireless Beats Studios!

There will definitely be a bunch of hardcore Marvel fans that will be like "It ruined the comics! Just an excuse to rake in money" and stuff like that.

Agreed :)

You just inspired me to edit my last post - B-MEN UNITE! :D

May 31, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #1,197 of 1,217
May 31, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #1,199 of 1,217
What does?

Trust me - I'm an advanced audiobeatsphile from the interwebs
wink.gif

cool.gif

'They' refer to the topic of the thread, Beats. I've listened to a handful and they all sounded like music through a sock.

May 31, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #1,200 of 1,217
'They' refer to the topic of the thread, Beats. I've listened to a handful and they all sounded like music through a sock.

Really, I'm sorry for your loss - it's amazing how one persons perception of sound differs from another's - oh well, each to their own - enjoy your Grado's - I may audition the PS-1000's sometime, I've heard on the grapevine that particular model is worth a listen :wink:

You know, this whole beats haters Vs beats appreciators is a lose -lose situation, but it's all been said time and time again in a perpetual motion - it's exasperating - so rather than put it into tired, heard before words, I'll, try to sums things up via an image - worth a try at least...

(click on pic for HD)

Don't you agree?

:wink:

Alternatively - try this: http://bit.ly/U2GUec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back