The GS-1 Thread
Apr 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #526 of 542
i sent an email to every GS-1 buyer (though i'm sure a lot of them have been sold).  9% is just looking at my order list for the modules and comparing with the # of GS-1s that have been built.  my goal was to hit 10%.  it's unlikely i'll be offering the modules after a few more weeks as i need to conserve the rare parts to use in the GS-X mk2

Well they're certainly missing out on an even better GS-1. I thought the upgrade was well worth the $ for my GS-X!

I'm considering if I should get the upgrade while it's still available, it's tempting...

Yeah I'm pretty terribly excited for it to arrive. The headphone out on my motherboard.....just isn't the same :wink:

Received it already?
The improvement over the headphone out will baffle you haha. However with the headphone out straight into the GS-1 you're not even close to hearing what it can do.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #527 of 542
Enjoying the GS-1 immensely. Build quality is excellent, and it seems to have an uncolored, well-resolving sound. Will probably pick up the upgraded modules sooner than later.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #529 of 542
You make a solid argument 
tongue.gif

The hesitation is twofold;
On one side i do want to get it since the GS-1 feels like the end-game SS amp for me and 200 bucks isn't that much. On the other hand, will it really make an improvement since it was designed purely to beef up the amp for ortho's.

That brings me a point that may or may not sway the decision; My new cans will be either the HE-500 or the T1 but i'm not sure when that will be since my new dac, the Ocatve MK1,  lifted a veil that bugged me in the dacmagic and basicly lifted my setup to a new level.

Some question make the question about the meaning of life pale in comparison......

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #530 of 542
Quote:
You make a solid argument 
tongue.gif

The hesitation is twofold;
On one side i do want to get it since the GS-1 feels like end-game for me and 200 bucks isn't that much. On the other hand, will it really make an improvement since it was designed purely to beef up the amp for ortho's.

That brings me a point that may or may not sway the decision; My new cans will be either the HE-500 or the T1 but i'm not sure when that will be since my new dac, the Ocatve MK1,  lifted a veil that bugged me in the dacmagic and basicly lifted my setup to a new level.

Some question make the question about the meaning of life pale in comparison......

I found a good improvement (more solid overall presentation) with both my TH-900s and HD-800s (although I have a GS-X, I would definitely still upgrade to the new Dynalo+ modules).

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #531 of 542
Quote:
I found a good improvement (more solid overall presentation) with both my TH-900s and HD-800s (although I have a GS-X, I would definitely still upgrade to the new Dynalo+ modules).

Hmmmmm food for thought...

btw; Did you get a change to try the HD-800 before you sold the GS-1? I'm wondering how it pairs

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #532 of 542
Quote:
Hmmmmm food for thought...

btw; Did you get a change to try the HD-800 before you sold the GS-1? I'm wondering how it pairs

I was just heading off to bed and noticed your question....the GS-1 and HD-800s is a fantastic combination!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592999/headamp-gs-1-a-forgotten-treasure

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #533 of 542
I was just heading off to bed and noticed your question....the GS-1 and HD-800s is a fantastic combination!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592999/headamp-gs-1-a-forgotten-treasure

I've read that, and added to the glory somewhere near the last pages :)
Seem to have missed that testament. maybe because I didn't expected or because my crying wallet didn't allow me to see it :p.
Everyone weeks to yell the hd800 is picky and I only hear about good matches with expensive amps

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #536 of 542
Hi Justin,
I bought a brand new GS-1 from you a few years ago, and I never received an email about the new modules at all.
I sent u emails and a letter about my interest in the new modules, but you haven't responded yet.
If they are still available, I am very interested in obtaining them.
Just tell me how much they cost, and how I go about obtaining them.
Thanks,
Lanny

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #538 of 542
Hi Justin,
No. Did not receive anything.
Will PM you my email address that I can be reached at.
Thanks.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #539 of 542
Quote:
MH; How does the gs-1 compare to the gs-x? Is it a gs-1 on steroids or an entirely different animal? Because honestly I'm not sure how the GS-1 can be beaten in what it's famous for.

Sonically they share a lot in common. Simply "wire with gain" and very transparent. But the GS-X is a bit "more transparent" and "holographic" in its imaging. I also find the added power very welcomed with my LCD-3s. They have more dynamics and punch with the GS-X...better still with the new Dynalo+ modules too!

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #540 of 542
Quote:

Sonically they share a lot in common. Simply "wire with gain" and very transparent. But the GS-X is a bit "more transparent" and "holographic" in its imaging. I also find the added power very welcomed with my LCD-3s. They have more dynamics and punch with the GS-X...better still with the new Dynalo+ modules too!

You really have to bring the modules up again, didn't you 
size]

So he really outdone his himself on the GS-X, i'd love to hear one some day. Same goes for his electrostat amps...

Justin, how long do you think you are offering the new modules, someone is gpulling me over to get them but i'm not sure if finances allow it the next few weeks. Too many fun hobbies these days 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back