The GS-1 Thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #501 of 542
Quote:
the GS-1 is on a hiatus.  it will return depending on market conditions.

Fingers crossed that it does come back. My favourite $1k SS amp. 
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #503 of 542
Quote:

Why don't you do them on order.   Does it cost to much to do them one at a time?

id lose a lot of money doing 1 at a time, and would never get anything else done.  for the GS-1 its not going to be worth it unless i do 100+.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #504 of 542
Been running my GS-1 with the new updated modules for the past week and it' s a definite improvement.

For starters, the unit does run hotter (not a big issue), and the volume levels seems to be louder than previous.

A couple of very noticeable improvements:  First, the soundstage is wider and second, vocals and treble/mid-bass is cleaner and better detailed.

Noisefloor is non-existent and even quieter than the already quiet stock modules.

Well done Justin!

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #505 of 542
Quote:
Been running my GS-1 with the new updated modules for the past week and it' s a definite improvement.

For starters, the unit does run hotter (not a big issue), and the volume levels seems to be louder than previous.

A couple of very noticeable improvements:  First, the soundstage is wider and second, vocals and treble/mid-bass is cleaner and better detailed.

Noisefloor is non-existent and even quieter than the already quiet stock modules.

Well done Justin!

Very similar thoughts with my GS-X and the upgrade modules as well. I'm quite happy too.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #506 of 542
Quote:
Originally PostedI'll  MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Well done Justin!

Very similar thoughts with my GS-X and the upgrade modules as well. I'm quite happy too.

Hello my friend!  I'll take yr GS-X when you tire of it!

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #508 of 542
Quote:

Well done Justin!

I didn't bother doing proper A/B-ing swapping modules back and forth, but after installation the thing that immediately caught my attention is considerably increased bass response on W5000, now they sound quite meaty, my favorites cans just got even better.
L3000.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #509 of 542
Quote:
I didn't bother doing proper A/B-ing swapping modules back and forth, but after installation the thing that immediately caught my attention is considerably increased bass response on W5000, now they sound quite meaty, my favorites cans just got even better.
L3000.gif

Oh, so you like the W5000 over the LCD-2?

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #510 of 542
Quote:

Oh, so you like the W5000 over the LCD-2?

They are quite different beasts.
LCD-2 is more naturally sounding and has better bass.
W5000 is definitely colored but to my ears has better treble, details, and spacious, multilayered, airier soundstage. Midrange is a toss, I like both.
After W5000 LCD-2 sounds veiled and stuffy, like stepping into small chamber, takes a while to adapt back to its presentation. If I've heard both in a store and had to decide between two, I'd never choose LCD-2 for sure, but it's nice to have both just for different taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back