The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 9, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #2,701 of 2,859
Please...let calmer heads prevail...
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #2,702 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny the things we're particular about. Things that matter to me often mean nothing at all to others and visa versa. We're seeing a lot of that in this thread, but what's even more entertaining is that too many people are acting as if someone else's priorities are somehow wrong if they don't align with their own views. I have one of the CanJam HF2s. I like the way it looks and love the way it sounds. If I'd received and HF1 pair, it would really bug me. I'm particular about stuff like that. Don't know why. Don't care. It would really bug me. Other people have other views, and different levels of tolerance for mistakes. That's fine, too.

So here's the deal: a mistake was made. Should it have been avoided? Yup. Will we ever know why it wasn't? Nope. It really doesn't matter much as far as I can tell. What does matter very much is the solution that I believe Todd and Grado will find and offer. Before more verbal sticks and stones get tossed around, why not wait and see if an acceptable option will be made available for those who are unhappy with their purchase?

So now that we know the resolution, if you want to call it that that, has been decided, what are your thoughts?

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #2,703 of 2,859
It won't matter because they are almost sold out...last I heard. So to those that don't like them with the F1, well, it's almost moot, they're almost gone--if not already. You should know that only 500 are being made and last I heard...less than 80 left....never to be made again.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #2,704 of 2,859
With the new PS1000 available too, I don't think it'll be the end of the wood/metal hybrids. It will probably take some time, but I'm sure they'll come again in some form or another. Just not for a price like this.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #2,705 of 2,859
After overcoming my initial feeling of disappointment, I confirmed my order with Todd yesterday and I'm looking forward to receiving my cosmetically flawed HF1-H2 once again. I'm hoping that its sound quality will compensate for the almost laughable production f..k up, and history will show that its sonority ultimately overcame its notoriety.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #2,706 of 2,859
Typ0s happen. It's amusing to listen to the pedants rant about it, often with misspellings in their posts. True, it should ave ben caught. But sht happens, and this doesn't effect the sound/value to me.

I'm dissapointed, yes-- but as much dissapointed with the need to engrave "head fi" on the headphone to begin with. A simple brand and model number (like other Grados) would have been fine with me. It's as silly as labeling a mustang "Shelby" when Carol Shelby did little more than license his name to be used on it. Did "head fi" design the phones? Nope-- we're simply the consumers of them. Authors should get upset if their names are misspelled-- consumers have little to do room to do so when the autograph the author has agreed to sign gets misspells their name. It's unfortunate, but nothing more. I would have been perfectly happy with the headphone simply being inscribed "Grado."

I think the offer to contribute more money to head-fi was a perfect response. It was indeed the community that should be dissapointed, not the the individuals who will of course make up their own mind if they can live with an "imperfect" product. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy these things.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #2,709 of 2,859
Quote:

You can surely come up with better posts than that for your five.

Lol.

I disagree with the "Head-Fi" comments above, though. The whole point of the phone is that it's specifically for the head-fi forums. I would have preferred it to say Series instead of Headphone, but I think Head-Fi (or F1
biggrin.gif
) is appropriate and proper.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2,710 of 2,859
Quote:

You can surely come up with better posts than that for your five.

ksc75smile.gif

I'm all about inclusion in our wonderful little hobby, but I think Todd should have made a "if you're a member before x date, it's this price...if you're a member after y date, it's that price" rule rather than have people litter the forums with useless posts.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #2,711 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I'm all about inclusion in our wonderful little hobby, but I think Todd should have made a "if you're a member before x date, it's this price...if you're a member after y date, it's that price" rule rather than have people litter the forums with useless posts.

Spot on. The whole "5 minimum posts" rule made the "exclusivity" somewhat pointless. I know some people would have have raised holy hell if it was limited to say members who were registered prior to the announcement, but it certainly would have guaranteed that no one joined the site for the sole reason of getting a pair, and contributing not much more than their required 5 posts.

For the record, I canceled my order a couple of days ago. It wasn't so much the typo, although I do think this could have been handled much better. The truth is, this was somewhat of an impulse buy for me and after having read some of the initial reviews, it seems the HF-2 would have been a move away from what I like about Grado phones. For example, I don't find my HF-1 too bright, and of all the Grado cans I've heard, I place the RS-1 and 325i at the top.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #2,712 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I think HF2 should only be available for members who joined before Feb2007.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #2,714 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's amusing to listen to the pedants rant about it, often with misspellings in their posts.

*** have NOT ave
*** been NOT ben
*** affect NOT effect
*** disappointed NOT dissapointed
*** Mustang NOT mustang
*** "to do" is incorrectly repeated
*** misspelled NOT misspels
*** "their name" shouldn't be there, the sentence has ended with the word misspelled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typ0s happen. It's amusing to listen to the pedants rant about it, often with misspellings in their posts. True, it should ave ben caught. But sht happens, and this doesn't effect the sound/value to me.

I'm dissapointed, yes-- but as much dissapointed with the need to engrave "head fi" on the headphone to begin with. A simple brand and model number (like other Grados) would have been fine with me. It's as silly as labeling a mustang "Shelby" when Carol Shelby did little more than license his name to be used on it. Did "head fi" design the phones? Nope-- we're simply the consumers of them. Authors should get upset if their names are misspelled-- consumers have little [to do] room to do so when the autograph the author has agreed to sign gets misspells their name. It's unfortunate, but nothing more. I would have been perfectly happy with the headphone simply being inscribed "Grado."

I think the offer to contribute more money to head-fi was a perfect response. It was indeed the community that should be dissapointed, not the the individuals who will of course make up their own mind if they can live with an "imperfect" product. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy these things.

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #2,715 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think HF2 should only be available for members who joined before Feb2007.
biggrin.gif

Then YOU would NOT have qualified since your join date was August of 2007
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back