The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #2,716 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProleArtThreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spot on. The whole "5 minimum posts" rule made the "exclusivity" somewhat pointless. I know some people would have have raised holy hell if it was limited to say members who were registered prior to the announcement, but it certainly would have guaranteed that no one joined the site for the sole reason of getting a pair, and contributing not much more than their required 5 posts.

For the record, I canceled my order a couple of days ago. It wasn't so much the typo, although I do think this could have been handled much better. The truth is, this was somewhat of an impulse buy for me and after having read some of the initial reviews, it seems the HF-2 would have been a move away from what I like about Grado phones. For example, I don't find my HF-1 too bright, and of all the Grado cans I've heard, I place the RS-1 and 325i at the top.

NO. The HF-2 represent the best of what we all like about the Grado sound. You need to re-order a pair before they are gone.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #2,717 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typ0s happen. It's amusing to listen to the pedants rant about it, often with misspellings in their posts.

But are they getting $429 for each post?
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #2,718 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"their name" shouldn't be there, the sentence has ended with the word misspelled.

Avoid the passive voice.

This could go on...

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #2,719 of 2,859
Quote:

Then YOU would NOT have qualified since your join date was August of 2007
icon10.gif

I think that was the point, he wishes he wasn't able to buy it. I kinda wish the same. Its money I probably shouldnt be spending.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #2,720 of 2,859
Quote:

*** have NOT ave
*** been NOT ben
*** affect NOT effect
*** disappointed NOT dissapointed
*** Mustang NOT mustang
*** "to do" is incorrectly repeated
*** misspelled NOT misspels
*** "their name" shouldn't be there, the sentence has ended with the word misspelled.

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself.
wink.gif

I thought his typos were intentional, i.e., poking fun at those complaining about Grado's F1 typo who, themselves, cannot type.

Speaking of typos, Grado has what I consider to be a glaring punctuation typo in its web site main page slogan:

"Truly The Worlds Finest Headphones And Cartridges" (Grado Labs, Inc.).

See also: Grado Labs, Inc. ("The worlds finest Headphones and Cartridges").

The main page slogan should, I believe, read as follows: "Truly The World's Finest Headphones And Cartridges" (emphasis added).

Or maybe what appears to be an accidentally missing apostrophe in "Worlds" is intentional? (which is the case with "Hells Angels"). I doubt it, though, as Grado uses (here again, incorrectly I believe) a lower-case "w" in "worlds" at the second link, above, which suggests to me that not much thought went into whether to use "Worlds," "World's," "worlds," or "world's."

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #2,721 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After overcoming my initial feeling of disappointment, I confirmed my order with Todd yesterday and I'm looking forward to receiving my cosmetically flawed HF1-H2 once again. I'm hoping that its sound quality will compensate for the almost laughable production f..k up, and history will show that its sonority ultimately overcame its notoriety.

Intitially, I too was disappointed with the cosmetics but then I seek the truth and this can only be found when these are on my head and singing into the space between my ears. I need to be aurally massaged by the Grado ear candy! F1 is a go for launch.....3....2....1....we're a go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting

Please, look inward and inspect you inner-self and tell us more...you must have expectations or objectives you wish to achieve. Search your feelings, close your eyes and reach out with the force, it is in you, all around you, use the force youngling.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #2,722 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudshark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main page slogan should, I believe, read as follows: "Truly The World's Finest Headphones And Cartridges" (emphasis added).

The "And" does not need to be capitalized. It should say ""Truly The World's Finest Headphones and Cartridges."

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #2,723 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "And" does not need to be capitalized. It should say ""Truly The World's Finest Headphones and Cartridges."

Right, and Grado agrees with you, at least some of the time, as the second link in my post above demonstrates ("The worlds finest Headphones and Cartridges").

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #2,725 of 2,859
re World........the apostrophe should follow the s.........those things of the world , or belonging to the world.

Doesn't the word picayune seem to apply to a recent post?
Sorry, there are limits to my capacity for subtlety.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #2,726 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"The" doesn't need to be capitalized, either. It generally isn't necessary (or good form) to capitalize any articles or conjunctions in titles. :wink:

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2,727 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The" doesn't need to be capitalized, either. It generally isn't necessary or good form to capitalize articles in titles. :wink:

Style and Grammar have nothing to with each other necessarily.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #2,728 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Style and Grammar have nothing to with each other necessarily.

True, which is why I said it wasn't good form.
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2,729 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
re World........the apostrophe should follow the s.........those things of the world , or belonging to the world.

Doesn't the word picayune seem to apply to a recent post?
Sorry, there are limits to my capacity for subtlety.

Nope, one world, one apostrophe -- before the s. :wink:

Grammar nazi duties are keeping me from deciding whether to go for these cans or not -- if any are left. I'm actually still on the fence, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. :-o

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #2,730 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The" doesn't need to be capitalized, either. It generally isn't necessary (or good form) to capitalize any articles or conjunctions in titles. :wink:

Can I just say that, IMHO, this train of thought has the same effect that sticking my finger down my throat has. English, punctuation, sentence structure, form....I'm going to call in sick to work after reading this...and...they have no place in a headphone thread. If there's 1 thing that wears on me worse than nails on a blackboard, it's when people interrupt me mid-sentence to correct my sentence structure or english usage because that's the very moment that the sentence ends and I decide I have no further need to interface with that human.

Okay, I had to get that out of my system.

Now, what were you guys talking about....no really, carry on.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back