Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HF1s say prestige series on them sadly.

Mine don't...
very_evil_smiley.gif

DSC00599.jpg

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #1,817 of 2,859
Quote:

HF1s say prestige series on them sadly. So either way its what he did. Cant do anything about it.

"SERIES" being the key word, not "HEADPHONES"
confused.gif

The engraving issues are being addressed, and since nobody has received any HF2's beyond the first 20, there's probably a helluva lot(400++ ?) of cans yet to be produced. Now would be the perfect opportunity to do something about it...

GRADO HEAD-FI SERIES --> Grado consistent naming convention, looks/sounds cool, provides better cosmetic balance on cup surface.

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #1,818 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine don't...
very_evil_smiley.gif

DSC00599.jpg

WOW!!! Nice Woodified HF1 you got there. A darker shade then it would look like an RS1. =)

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #1,819 of 2,859
My Loooong wait is finally over. I had to wait since last Friday to pick up my balanced HF-2s as I have been out of town and the wait has been almost unbearable.
biggrin.gif

HF2Bal.jpg

Alas a shiny, less blurry, headphone also came in the bag so I think the HF-2s will stay in their box for the time being.

800Bal.jpg

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #1,821 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Very nice indeed! Congrats, but its blasphemy to post a Senn in a Grado thread
tongue.gif

The Greatness of the Blur cannot be truly appreciated without comparison to the NonBlur.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #1,822 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Loooong wait is finally over. I had to wait since last Friday to pick up my balanced HF-2s as I have been out of town and the wait has been almost unbearable.
biggrin.gif

HF2Bal.jpg

Alas a shiny, less blurry, headphone also came in the bag so I think the HF-2s will stay in their box for the time being.

800Bal.jpg

***Jaw Dropped****

Waah I was just waiting for my stock HF2. But this is Blasphemy. Blasphemy I tell You!
angry_face.gif

*Side note: Wow ! Nice pair of cans just need a silver colored amp and CDP. Shiny rig!!!
wink_face.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #1,823 of 2,859
VinylSpinner! Who did the recabling they look identical to the stock cable and the y splitter! That is sexy.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #1,824 of 2,859
They just have new 4 pins on the end of the stock cables and the last bit of the single ended cable re-terminated to use as an adapter.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #1,825 of 2,859
Quote:

VinylSpinner! Who did the recabling they look identical to the stock cable and the y splitter! That is sexy.

I thought you could have it done directly from Grado upon request.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #1,826 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_b2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
***Jaw Dropped****

Waah I was just waiting for my stock HF2. But this is Blasphemy. Blasphemy I tell You!
angry_face.gif

*Side note: Wow ! Nice pair of cans just need a silver colored amp and CDP. Shiny rig!!!
wink_face.gif

them's beautiful!

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #1,827 of 2,859
geeze....
open thread, see pic, insta-thought *First Batch out already!. Someone had overnight ship!, pics of box-opening! YAY*

2-second thought *FAIL FAIL FAIL*

Nice re-termination job there, vpi... I don't understand why all balanced setups haven't gone to the 4-pin XLR. So much more convenient, less weight, easier to adapt to single-ended... dual 3-pin XLR = epic fail.

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #1,830 of 2,859
Hello. I have a Grado question. Going up the Grado line, do the phones become increasingly difficult to drive, or is it the upper Grados are no more difficult to drive but simply scale better (and, therefore, benefit more from amping)? Or do all Grados benefit equally from amping?

I currently have just an SR60 and am anticipating the Hf-2. Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back