The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 17, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #1,786 of 2,859
Hmm, still no word from Todd on my order, guess I'll fire off another email tonight. Haven't been charged yet so not gonna be this week.
frown.gif

Isn't an Orangutan a great ape?

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #1,787 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
monkeyman, I'm glad you're virtually certain, but regarding your journey as process, have you been drinking too much or too little again? I expect more from you regarding the philosophical enhancement of defense mechanisms. You disappoint.

I have been drinking far too little.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #1,788 of 2,859
That's sad to hear, alphaphoenix. I had a short but sudden impulse to cancel my order too when I auditioned the ESW9 but I surmise HF2 will be more worth it in the long run hopefully.

Man... I suppose my pair will be in the 300 or 400 range since I just ordered like 10 days ago.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #1,789 of 2,859
I truly hope you are joking about Blurry Cups. That is a QC error and should NOT be part of an exclusive and expensive product. It isn't hard to fix. Regardless, I am hoping I get a nonblurry pair if that is the case. Jesus always something new.

Myk7000 that is my 25th birthday if they release K2000 on that date :p

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #1,790 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may be the first post, but i just canceled my order that I placed on the 12th. It was purely an impulse buy, which I surmise is very common. I hear that the HF-2 sound is better than the RS2, but I was able to pick a nice one up for $270 this past weekend, and I've already owned all of the Prestige series. On a side note, I must admit, when I spoke to Todd with my request, his response was very professional. Top notch customer service. I guess it's bad timing, financial wise, and perhaps I'll miss out on the appreciation and exclusiveness of the HF-2, but as of now, I don't have any regrets. Peace out.

should've stuck with the HF2's and let me win that RS2 auction.
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #1,791 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I truly hope you are joking about Blurry Cups. That is a QC error and should NOT be part of an exclusive and expensive product. It isn't hard to fix. Regardless, I am hoping I get a nonblurry pair if that is the case. Jesus always something new.

Myk7000 that is my 25th birthday if they release K2000 on that date :p

Just relax about the blurry cups. We're lucky to get the HF-2 at all, and sometimes the chrome paint dries unevenly on the metalized plastic. It's hard to control, but that's the price you pay for high-end audio.

Remember that stamp with the upside down airplane on it? That was a misprint, but now the upside down airplane stamps are worth more than the ones with the airplane right side up. You'll also find that misstamped coins are also worth considerably more than normal coins.

So when you're dealing with investment-grade headphones (which these are; we're not exactly buying them to listen to considering the huge growth in value of the HF-1 - it's been outperforming my 401(k)), you'll be lucky to get a distinguished blurry or half-blurry version. There might even be price differences depending on whether the left or right cup is blurry.

Personally, I asked Todd to send me a blurry one. Like the upside down airplane stamp, I think it will appreciate much more than a non-blurry or left-blurry model. The right-blurry ones might be more, as the majorit of people favor their right sides. We'll see. But since I'm counting on the HF-2 as part of my retirement nestegg, I think a fully blurry model has the most potential.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #1,793 of 2,859
meh, I don't really think a blurry or partially blurry cup will increase the value of a given set all that much, erik. I'm just hoping the blur smoothes out a little of that harsh top end that Grado is known for. Soften those sharp edges, if you will.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #1,794 of 2,859
I've not spoken to Todd today, but have it on good authority that the phones won't ship until late November. Grado is trying to figure out how to put the Igrado drivers into the 325 cups (you were right les_garten!!!!!) and then they're going to raise the price to $500 supposedly to cover the intrinsic value of the the fuzzy cup engraving since they're going to appreciate in value. If it wasn't for Grawk and Boomamma I wouldn't have been able to figure this out.

Thanks guys! I hope the rest of the head-fi community recognizes the fact that this is the absolute truth.....Trust me! I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to have my fillings removed. I'm told that it will improve the sound of the HF-2's. I'll give a review of before and after and we can decide if we want a group buy with a particular dentist.

Out!

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #1,795 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
meh, I don't really think a blurry or partially blurry cup will increase the value of a given set all that much, erik. I'm just hoping the blur smoothes out a little of that harsh top end that Grado is known for. Soften those sharp edges, if you will.

Whether the blur smooths the highs or not isn't important. Considering the nearly 100% rise in HF-1 values over the past three years, I want a HF-2 that's unique from the others.

If Todd ships me a non-blurry HF-2, I'll probably get out the Dremel and take care of that.

Jun 17, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #1,796 of 2,859
HAHAHAAHA

Buy low, mod high? er, maybe buy high, mod higher?

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #1,797 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I asked Todd to send me a blurry one. Like the upside down airplane stamp, I think it will appreciate much more than a non-blurry or left-blurry model. The right-blurry ones might be more, as the majorit of people favor their right sides. We'll see. But since I'm counting on the HF-2 as part of my retirement nestegg, I think a fully blurry model has the most potential.

I have the same opinion as yours
wink.gif
Im just in love with my "unique can"
smily_headphones1.gif

img0984resize.jpg

Im loosing patience for the HF2!!!!!
L3000.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #1,798 of 2,859
Blur baby blur...better call Sarah Palin on this one..

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #1,799 of 2,859
Wow I just saw the picture, that is from the flash like every other picture there is no blurry lettering.

Why the need to tease us without for those who have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back