The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 16, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #166 of 2,859
Well, isn't this exciting?!
biggrin.gif

Thanks to Todd and John for bringing round two to us!

May 16, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #168 of 2,859
HI All,

I am going to be charging the cards early next week. if this is a problem for anyone drop me an e-mail and we can work something out.

As for those of you who paid via PayPal - my website could not be adjusted for the 2% off for newsletter subscribers but that cannot be applied to this sale. I will send out PayPal request for the 2% back on Monday. It will not change anyone's position but again I cannot offer these with any of the discounts. Those of you who ordered with other items will still get the 2% off on those items.

I am checking out of Head-Fi to spend time with my wife for our date night. Have a great evening and i will be back in the morning to catch up.

Todd

May 16, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #169 of 2,859
This is awesome. Too bad that they will surely be sold out for good by the time I have the money and am back in town to purchase them. Not a happy thought, but I can dream that Grado will meet the head-fi demand completely.

May 16, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #170 of 2,859
Man I called around 11am this morning before the post. If I knew it would explode this fast (or that he wasn't charging on order before I could get to the bank to deposit cash this afternoon but rather next week sometime!) I would have ordered then
frown.gif
I hope I can still get mine fairly early as it's only less than 10 hours after the post.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #171 of 2,859
I'm definitely an HF-1 enthusiast and fondly remember the excitement of getting a great sounding can for $200 (at that time I had an SR-225).

However, since nowadays I've worked my way to an RS-1, I wonder if this HF-2 has any appeal for me (other than the Head-fi support aspect). It would need to be better than the RS-1 to get much listening time..and that's a tall order for $429.

May 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #172 of 2,859
Time to play the waiting game and hope my hands dont do the buying before the time comes around with peoples impressions.
wink.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #174 of 2,859
Come on! You know you wanna bite Townyj! Especially for the fact of supporting Head-Fi! If they sell enough they could easily get $20K in donations. That would either make this site crazy with offers? Or more secure. Maybe transition to Gazelle! Or even pass it down to us and off us deals on items maybe?

Crazy with curiousity as to what Head-Fi will upgrade with such funds and glad that they will get it from all of our help. We get amazing and rare phones just for us and Head-Fi gets support in one fell swoop!

May 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #177 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm definitely an HF-1 enthusiast and fondly remember the excitment of getting a great sounding can for $200 (at that time I had an SR-225).

However, since nowadays I've worked my way to an RS-1, I wonder if this HF-2 has any appeal for me (other than the Head-fi support aspect). It would need to be better than the RS-1 to get much listening time..and that's a tall order for $429.

Like yourself, I own the RS1 (bought used on head-fi) and yes it will be shootout to see which can will stay. The HF-2 being a limited can, should be an easy sell on the FS forum if the RS1 trumps it. This is exciting, new flagship cans from Grado and Sennheiser and now a release of a limited edition Grado spawned from the cult following of HF-1's.

May 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #179 of 2,859
would you guys say the HF1 sounded like something in between the 325i and RS1 but with different sound signature? i'm so curious how the HF2 will sound (and look). i wish i wasn't broke right now...this would make such a good collectible.
frown.gif

May 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #180 of 2,859
Oh god! I'm actually thinking of buying these! I loved the HF-1s ever since I heard them, but I couldn't bring myself to fork out the price they have appreciated to. I'm not a grado fan in general, but I'm definitely a HF-1 fan!

I've just got enough in my bank account for these, if, the shipping to singapore isn't too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back