The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #151 of 2,859
Crap, I can't miss this one. I guess this will be my advance birthday present.
redface.gif

EDIT: Wait, so is there already a pre-determined amount of them made? I only ask because a post said that they will be available until June, which suggests that they will keep being pumped out until then.

May 15, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #152 of 2,859
Thanks TTVJ and Grado Labs! Someone mentioned think about a baby PS1000's, hmm...silver metal 325is cups with wooden inner housing with a wooden HF-2 button. Wonder how many of these are in this limited release? Great news for this forum.

May 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #154 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I applaud this move by Todd and Grado, but sorry Monk, I think members would be fools not to at least consider the relative dollar value. Why not just donate the money to Head-Fi and help the community more?
wink.gif

EDIT: That "seriously considering" lasted about 20 minutes. Order placed.

Let's call it a draw.
wink.gif

May 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #157 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Schu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Wasn't sure if they established 481 as the limit ahead of time for HF-1 and if the HF-2 is open for ordering for a limited time and they will honor all that order.

It was originally 250 but was then extended due to amount of interest. I guess this time they are trying to see the demand before they estimate how much the supply should be. I would assume 500 will easily be sold considering how many more members there are now and how great of a deal it was before.

And that would be a cool 20k for Head-Fi. Not bad.

May 16, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #158 of 2,859
Yea this is nuts. I had perfectly balanced out my money to get Compass and pay bills as of last week im unemployed. I called Todd this morning before the post and now I fear I have to or there will be none. As last time alot of people didnt get them and now feel as if they MUST buy them without any information or images. Crazy!
This morning there were already about 30 orders Todd said. After the post Im sure its likely over 100.

From my gathering, unless they make over the HF-1 #'s these will be sold out before anyone see's them at canjam. Unless this time around they plan to make more and make it less limited.

That being said. I paid $450 for my HF-1 new. Because a friend had it unopened as a collectable item and I forced it. Because they were Limited. I hope they are betting sounding than the HF-1 and if so thats awesome! * As I planned on getting RS-1i to accompany my HF1 which is the only Grado ive ever heard. I hope that these are akin to RS-1's or better! *crosses fingers*

So much for not spending money this month. With this and compass and esw10 that makes me hit $1400 and thats more than I make in a month, when I was working! PS Im a student...

Anyway, I cant wait to see what they look like. I should have ordered this morning to gaurantee being in the first batch and as of now I doubt that will happen but Im curious how long that will delay my pair?

May 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #160 of 2,859
I just placed my order.
As a proud owner of HF-1 #219, I have a confidence to blind buy this.

But I have a bit concern about if I can balanced recable it after the purchase.. almost four years have past since the HF-1 and my rigs have now upgraded with balanced gears. But that's ok.

Anyway, I also have annaunced this news on my Japanese blog.
Thank you Jude, Todd and John san for your contribution!

May 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #163 of 2,859
Ordered!

Omg Im gonna be so poor + fiance will kill meeee lol

May 16, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #164 of 2,859
If I order now will my card be charged now or later? It would be best for my wife to not see this so soon.

May 16, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #165 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMiller1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I order now will my card be charged now or later? It would be best for my wife to not see this so soon.

It will be charged only when they ship out, so go ahead and place your order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back