The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 16, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #181 of 2,859
I couldn't resist. I know I'll be wanting them in my collection sometime anyway, so I might as well go for it now!

May 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #182 of 2,859
Placed my order. For me, this as a community event, so it's a no brainer. I'm glad there's no rush like with the HF-1 for which I missed out on the original sale and bought on the f/s forum.

May 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #184 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you guys say the HF1 sounded like something in between the 325i and RS1 but with different sound signature?

No, I would say between the 225 and the RS2.

May 16, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #185 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I have a bit concern about if I can balanced recable it after the purchase.. almost four years have past since the HF-1 and my rigs have now upgraded with balanced gears. But that's ok.

Balancing my HF-1 was a piece of cake.

May 16, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #188 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have they shipped yet?

iirc, Todd posted that theyll ship at the turn of the month

May 16, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #189 of 2,859
i took the plunge and just pre-ordered one. i think i'm gonna cry when my statement comes.
ph34r.gif

May 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #190 of 2,859
I'm a noobie here and this looks interesting. I actually stumbled across this thread while thinking of buying some woodied Alessandro MS-1's... I was interested mainly for the "fun" sound I hear about, and if these are more detailed than usual I wonder if they're for me or not.

May 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #193 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gosh, I'm still torn over this. I don't really like the Grado sound especially in its treble and lack of depth but I do love its midrange presentation and fun factor.

Should I wait for impressions from Can Jam 09 in LA?

Just pick it up and then return it, put it on the sale forum if you're not a fan. Let's be honest here, it's a shoot first, ask questions later situation.

I have to say, it's a good feeling to be out of school and financially in a place where this kind of purchase isn't a killer
smily_headphones1.gif
I remember reading some of the HF1 threads and thinking I'd never be able to afford $200 headphones when I was in school. I'm so grateful I have another chance at something like this.

May 16, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #194 of 2,859
I owned all of them, well, almost, compared them many times and even the drivers arent the same, what ever that means, to me, GS1k based on PS1, but only better, so saying that PS1000 having completely differ one isnt logical, well, at least from what I read from your post.
And I dont think I am speculating up here, these are my thoughts, based on my own experience and if PS1000 turned to be THE BEST out there, who say NO? But remembering the same thing when GS1000 were introduced, makes me hold my horses a bit, time will learn...

As for HF-2, nice to see such things again, but price is just bit to much for me at the moment, need more NOS tubes first...

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's as though one person made the statement, I believe Blackmore was the first to assume it, and everyone just ran with it. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Based on the few impressions we have received so far, specifically Sanderman's, it's quite obvious to me that they do not share the same driver. It's much, much more likely that the use a tweaked version(or maybe even not tweaked at all) of the PS-1 driver than a GS1000 driver.

May 16, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #195 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if the HF-2 is described as a baby PS-1000, is it safe to say it performs better than the RS-1i and GS-1000i?

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back