The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 11, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #2,821 of 2,859
I had my shipping notice on thursday 1:30pm, for 2day air fedex, well fedex didnt pick it up til today so Im looking at tuesday, which is a good 5-6 days when I should have just used usps, oh well
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #2,822 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you know this how? Did you take a survey of every single or 'most' purchasers? Are they truly 'perfectly' happy, or just settling as someone else said? Or just sucking up which I get from the tone of lots of posts.

So you agree with Prole's post saying that the petty bickering back and forth is silly (it is), immediately after instigating some petty bickering of your own?

Oh well. I have no idea if anyone is "perfectly" happy. I never am. I think it's pretty clear that what I meant is that they're happy enough to continue with their purchase, and Todd stated that this was the case with the vast majority of outstanding orders. I don't know why you feel the need to parse the colloquial expression "perfectly fine" when it's obvious what I actually intended by that phrase.

Quote:

Some people can't live with the '1' cosmetic defect but it's ok for you to tell them what to think, when other possible cosmetic defects that you deem unacceptable would warrant a repair? What makes you or anyone else the final arbiter, especially when it comes to other's opinions?

Why are you picking a fight? I never told anyone what to think. I could not care any less what anyone thinks. I hope that those who are not happy with the F1 error cancel their orders, and I understand perfectly that this error is a dealbreaker for some. It isn't for me, but I never told anyone to suck it up and be happy with it. All I said is that those who are unhappy should talk with their money and refrain from purchasing from Grado. This, as opposed to forcing Grado to lose money correcting an error that was advertised as such before most people had purchased the limited-edition headphone.

This error has been noted by Todd and Grado and therefore is being delivered as advertised. They have no obligation to "fix" the typo. If the ordered headphones arrive with an additional, unadvertised defect in workmanship, then everyone is certainly entitled to have Grado fix it.

Quote:

Also if we're meant to disregard the defect because it's a 'special gift' to the head-fi community what does profit have to do with it? Last I knew gifts weren't about profit.

There's a difference between making a low-profitability headphone apart from an ordinary production run and losing money. I never implied this was a "gift" in that Grado does not care about turning some profit on these headphones. I merely meant to imply that Grado should not be forced to lose money on headphones offered as limited editions just because people that can't live with the error but who haven't yet given their money to Grado Labs are requesting a fairly intensive retooling, re-anodizing, and re-engraving. Simple as that.

If anyone disagrees with that, they're welcome to do so, but I'm not picking a fight with them, and this bickering has been hugely unproductive, just as Prole stated.

So, stop with the bickering now? I'm not getting caught up in this hostile silliness anymore.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #2,824 of 2,859
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]So I re-confirmed my 5/30 HF2 order tonight. This situation was handled very poorly by Grado Labs. I don't believe for a second that they were not aware of this error. That would defy all human nature, especially after first run problems had been reported and a new engraver was commissioned. If they can't identify a stupid obvious error on any product, a management change is in order at a minimum. Too bad for them, they could have sold 1,000+ HF2's and boosted their reputation and interest in their other products. Too bad they decided to take the low road...penny wise and dollar foolish. IMO, Grado has only enforced their undeniable reputation for shoddy quality when they had an incredible opportunity to do quite the opposite with this high-visibility product by blowing away the audiophile community with A++ product top to bottom.[/size]

[size=x-small]I'm not criticizing TTVJ/Todd at all here, I understand he did not manufacture the cans... [/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #2,825 of 2,859
Guys, although I've got zero problem with every one voice their opinion on the engraving matter, it's becoming really evident that many people are voicing their opinion over and over and over and......can those that have already had their say(s) give it a rest?

Unless I've been reading wrong, aside from the CanJam recipients, at least 50 others have received their HF2s, and 50 more should be receiving theirs soon. I'm genuinely interested in reading impressions, especially by members who have more experience than I with other Grado models. Anyone else for that idea?

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #2,826 of 2,859
I will post a comparison with HF-1 and HF-2 when they arrive, and see how much more refined they are
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #2,827 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, although I've got zero problem with every one voice their opinion on the engraving matter, it's becoming really evident that many people are voicing their opinion over and over and over and......can those that have already had their say(s) give it a rest?

Unless I've been reading wrong, aside from the CanJam recipients, at least 50 others have received their HF2s, and 50 more should be receiving theirs soon. I'm genuinely interested in reading impressions, especially by members who have more experience than I with other Grado models. Anyone else for that idea?

I hear what you're saying...I respect your experience and your opinion, but I'll never hire anyone that can't discern a number 1 and a capital "i", especially on highly-visible product branding. If I were counting micro-pennies like Grado rather than thinking customer satisfaction and big picture, I'd be better off hiring a chimp for QC over anything they have in place...

In the short term, they are screwing their highly-dedicated, best customers. Beyond that, they are totally screwing themselves...

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #2,828 of 2,859
would these be ok to companion HD800s until I can snag PS1000 around october?

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #2,830 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but I'm not eating the one's they drop on the floor and decide they're too expensive to throw away. The Grado equivalent would be, they drop them on the floor and don't even wipe them off. You don't like it, MOVE ON!

NO DOG FOR YOU!!

So are you saying the HF-2 is unfit for wearing or listening? Or are you unsure of what you are saying in the first place?

Like U said...

MOVE ON!

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #2,831 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you'd like them to be ok they are

I don't know, I have caught my HD-800s giving the evil eye to the HF-2s on multiple occasions and I actually separate them into two different rooms whenever I leave the house.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #2,832 of 2,859
Well I will find out when they arrive! I want to change to a 4pin like yours grawk Im just scared to mess em up or MODIFY something that is so limited
frown.gif
Could a 1/4 to balanced adapter work or no?

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #2,834 of 2,859
I'd figured the production number was going to be much higher. Now that it's capped at 500, as long as the cans are good, and it seems they are, the potential for them to appreciate over the long-term is greatly increased.

I can't understand how it would be advantageous to anyone who is committed to purchasing the HF-2 that this didn't happen. I'm glad the engraving issue occurred.

Personally, I'm actually surprised they're not yet sold out. I'd figured they would be by now. Watch what happens as soon as they're unavailable.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #2,835 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are you saying the HF-2 is unfit for wearing or listening? Or are you unsure of what you are saying in the first place?

Like U said...

MOVE ON!

There you go again, rationalizing mediocrity!

Everybody defending this is just defending a bad position and then discounting everyone's feelings for being disappointed.

I buy a Porsche 911, I don't want it to say Porsche 9ii, I don't want drips in the paint. I don't want the glue holding the windshield in running down the side of the car. I don't want the Gauges printed Blurry. I don't want sand and grinding marks in the Paint. I don't want smudge marks on everything printed. (ALL of this in Evidence on the HF-2s)

And I don't want the salesman to stand there and say ignore that, it's all about the 0-60 time.

I would expect even more from a Special Edition or Anniversary Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back