The Gigaphone LL87's - A Grado SR60i mod
Mar 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Rhettro

New Head-Fier
I have been working on this particular mod for a good 3 weeks. I have been wanting to mod my grado headphones for a while now, but just recently gathered the courage to take them apart and mod them. This mod was aimed at achieving a steam-punk look, which I believe I have done quite well. Enjoy!

Victor Barnabus

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 27
Nice first post man!

Those are truly... different :)

Welcome to the forum.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 27
Truly awesome mod, but besides that...

Holy crap man!  Is your whole house steampunked out?  That lamp looks like you shot a Victorian era gas light with a shrink ray.  Good stuff.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #10 of 27
I call it the head crusher!!! the first thing that came to mind when I saw that head band.

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #11 of 27
Are they as good as 

THIS 
eek.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #13 of 27
I love it! Nice job. I know next to nothing about steampunk, but from hat I do know you hit the nail on the head. Definitely post any other headphones you might mod like that on here. 

What source and amp do you run them out of? Does vinyl count as steampunk? If so, get a turntable if you don't already have one. The music sounds better, is more fun, and there is something very cool about it. I am sure you could find a vintage TT that looks like what you want, but getting to sound decent is another challenge. I guess you could mod a TT, though that sounds much harder than a headphone. Anyway, good luck and massive kudos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back