The GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.300 D Professional, a hidden gem
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #16 of 54

Quote:
Can you compare HIGHS,MIDS and LOWS of dt150 with this ?

Compared to the DT150: highs are more detailed and extended. Mids are clearer.
Mids of the DT150 are maybe a bit warmer due to the midbass hump.
Lows: bass of the DT150 is deeper and fuller. GMP 8.300 bass is faster, lighter and more textured
GMP 8.300 has better PRaT.

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #17 of 54

Quote:
Compared to the DT150: highs are more detailed and extended. Mids are clearer.
Mids of the DT150 are maybe a bit warmer due to the midbass hump.
Lows: bass of the DT150 is deeper and fuller. GMP 8.300 bass is faster, lighter and more textured
GMP 8.300 has better PRaT.

Thanks.
What is the full form of PRaT :p

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #18 of 54
Isn't it a British expression?

i.e. "Stop being such a prat!"

Seriously, though, I believe it's Pace, Rhythm and Timing--that mix of elements that make speakers/drivers responsive and quick sounding.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #19 of 54
In which pads GMPs sound the best? and in which are most comfortable?
I have originally soft foil black pads on my GMP 8.40D.. i want something That will improve bass and will be comfier [i switched stock pads to ones from Philips HP910]

Thx for answer

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #20 of 54
IMO the DT770 velour ear pads will bring out the bass the best and they are comfortable as well. At least with my GMP 8.300 D.

Quote:
I have originally soft foil black pads on my GMP 8.40D.. i want something That will improve bass and will be comfier [i switched stock pads to ones from Philips HP910]

Thx for answer

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #21 of 54
Did they seal the ear as good as foil ones?  When the pressure inside the cup is lower, the bass also is weaker.. am i wrong?

Quote:
IMO the DT770 velour ear pads will bring out the bass the best and they are comfortable as well. At least with my GMP 8.300 D.

Quote:

Thx for answer

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #22 of 54

The DT770 velour pads, as well as the Beyer leather pads, gives a perfect seal. Better than with the stock pads, which are too small for my ears.
My ears fits completely in the DT770 and the Beyer leather pads, therefore a good seal
The GMP 8.300 has a tight pressure on the earcups, so the pressure inside the cup will be the same as with stock pads, or even more pressure because the DT770 velour and Beyer leather pads are thicker.

Quote:
Did they seal the ear as good as foil ones?  When the pressure inside the cup is lower, the bass also is weaker.. am i wrong?

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #23 of 54
After carefully comparing, I think the leather ear pads gives the most enjoyable sound. Fuller, more dynamic sound. One of the best basses I've heard.
And a more natural soubndstage.
They tames the highs also, up to a point that treble lovers will not like it I guess.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #24 of 54
So you like the Beyer DT770 leather ear pads BEST?  I am on the same boat as you.  I have a MB Qaurt QP805hs and find that the ear pads are not thick enough.  I am looking for thicker ear pads for it.  

I am listening to Diana Krall Live in Paris as I type this.  They are GREAT headphones for the money.

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #25 of 54
Quote:
So you like the Beyer DT770 leather ear pads BEST?

Yes.
With the DT770 pads, there's more bass, but the leather gives a tighter and more detailed bass. And there's better PRaT because of that.
The stock pads are awful, way too small.

These headphones are indeed amazing.
I just bought a desktop CMoy, and that little amp makes them sing. Better match then with my tube amp.
I'm considering withdrawing my FS thread.....

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #26 of 54
I just need to try the Beyer gel pads
basshead.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 54
I just tried my AKG K271 velour ear pads on the MB Quart QP805. They fit but it's not as comfy as I imagined.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #28 of 54

Quote:
Yes.
With the DT770 pads, there's more bass, but the leather gives a tighter and more detailed bass. And there's better PRaT because of that.
The stock pads are awful, way too small.

These headphones are indeed amazing.
I just bought a desktop CMoy, and that little amp makes them sing. Better match then with my tube amp.
I'm considering withdrawing my FS thread.....

IMHO compared to my Sennheiser HD25-1 II the bass extension of the 8.300D is deeper, but the Senns have a bit more PRaT. There are DT770 real leather pads available (no pleather)?

Some photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HbNu2Fbd2ktB4nCBQdrfhNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tTUJBQxA3xwGOLsTSGxyd9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cP6cvOwBu9m25LplwI5Vk9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

EDIT: found the leather pads at Beyer: http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/ersatzteile/ohrmuschelsatz-2970.html (german)

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #29 of 54
After spending some more time with the 8.300 D, I decided to stick with the DT770 velour ear pads, damping the drivers with added felt pieces.
The Beyer leather pads gives a honky coloration to the sound, that becomes annoying. The DT770 velours are more natural sounding.

And I definitely will keep these GMP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back