The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
May 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #766 of 1,132
Quote:
Oh Boy :p 

I'm not a vegetarian but I can see it as more ethically responsible in some ways. 
However, I really do hate vegetarians/vegans that call you out for eating meat but at the same time wear leather, use medicines (tested on animals) and eat fish.
But I would definitely start eating synthetic meat when it would come out.
Cows are kinda cute :/ 
Don't give a damn about chickens though, those things are even more dumb than insects. I'm awful :p

There are plenty of good options out there, synthetic burger, shawarma...some are better than the others, you can try some. About those vegetarians/vegans that call you out for eating meat, let them feel special and rightness...you know, whatever make them feel good.
wink_face.gif

May 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #767 of 1,132
Quote:
I feel ya. I've realized just recently that I probably spend more time reading Head-Fi than I do actually listening to music. And that you can buy a lot of music for a price of an amp or DAC. And that I probably need a new e-reader more than I need a FiiO X3, leave alone any finer stuff.
Which makes me doubly glad that I've found GMs. They're great all-around cans and I can enjoy my music with them for quite a while, with or without an upgrade.

Getting back to the pads, Brainwavz has a list of stores on its official site. Maybe there is some Dutch brick-and-mortar there. Or a web shop that accepts PayPal. Or maybe you could convince the store where you bought your GMs to stock the pads for them :wink:

And, er, good luck tuning your drums :)

Couldn't find a dutch store that sells them, but thanks anyway!
I actually barely practice drums on my drums. That's the thing about drums they are so LOUD my neighbours can hear every tiny mistake i make!
So I practice on practice pads:p

I do have to say, since I owned good audiogear and have stopped putting all my time in reading reviews I have discovered a lot of new music.
I have even started listening to a lot of metal, a genre I used to hate.

May 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #768 of 1,132
Quote:

Well...at first I was curios if I can make it without meat for some time period, and after two weeks I didn't missed at all. I always wanted to try without meat, now I have something 8-9 months without, and feel great.

Yeah that's the most important. You feel great? Yes, that's over, nothing to discuss here 
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I really like chicken and fish so probably it would be darn hard for me to become a veg.

May 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #769 of 1,132
Quote:
Yeah that's the most important. You feel great? Yes, that's over, nothing to discuss here 
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I really like chicken and fish so probably it would be darn hard for me to become a veg.

Not to mention chicken is lean meat that contains all the essential aminoacids which in turn stimulate muscle synthesis and guarantee a healthier longer life. It's very important to get your essential aminoacids, especially when you grow older and you need more of them to stimulate muscle synthesis.

May 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #770 of 1,132
Quote:
Not to mention chicken is lean meat that contains all the essential aminoacids which in turn stimulate muscle synthesis and guarantee a healthier longer life. It's very important to get your essential aminoacids, especially when you grow older and you need more of them to stimulate muscle synthesis.

2 mad biologists on head-fi. They are doomed 
beyersmile.png

May 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #771 of 1,132
I finally got around to e-mailing Thomas about a cable modification. I had several other expense's that needed to be taken of, and then finals crept up and demanded my attention. In any event, they do indeed offer cable modifications insofar as they have such a cable in-stock. They do not stock straight round cable with a straight jack/connector. Only jacks angled at 90º. So, I will need to learn how to recable, or at the very least learn how to attach a different connector. I should probably start a new thread asking for suggestions on which components to select. However, if anyone here knows of a cable and straight multi-jack connector which improves the 8.35D's sound then I'm all ears. That is, as long as it doesn't break the bank. As to what kind of jack, I quite enjoy the one from Audio-technica on the AD700s. The way that the 6.3mm connector 'screws' onto the 2.5mm attached to the cable is, well, nice and it'd also be nice to have it for the 8.35Ds.

I'll assume a search will bring up some guide's, but if there's a particular guide anyone would recommend that would be cool

May 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #772 of 1,132
Quote:
I finally got around to e-mailing Thomas about a cable modification. I had several other expense's that needed to be taken of, and then finals crept up and demanded my attention. In any event, they do indeed offer cable modifications insofar as they have such a cable in-stock. They do not stock straight round cable with a straight jack/connector. Only jacks angled at 90º. So, I will need to learn how to recable, or at the very least learn how to attach a different connector. I should probably start a new thread asking for suggestions on which components to select. However, if anyone here knows of a cable and straight multi-jack connector which improves the 8.35D's sound then I'm all ears. That is, as long as it doesn't break the bank. As to what kind of jack, I quite enjoy the one from Audio-technica on the AD700s. The way that the 6.3mm connector 'screws' onto the 2.5mm attached to the cable is, well, nice and it'd also be nice to have it for the 8.35Ds.

I'll assume a search will bring up some guide's, but if there's a particular guide anyone would recommend that would be cool

I wish I could help but I really don't know that kind of guide. However, this is Head-Fi, I am sure you can find awesome help in some other places in the forum. There are DIY maniacs in here.

May 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #773 of 1,132
Quote:
I actually barely practice drums on my drums. That's the thing about drums they are so LOUD my neighbours can hear every tiny mistake i make!
So I practice on practice pads:p

I do have to say, since I owned good audiogear and have stopped putting all my time in reading reviews I have discovered a lot of new music.
I have even started listening to a lot of metal, a genre I used to hate.

Have you thought of getting an electronic drum set for home? Or do electronic drums, for an audiophile like you, sound even worse than practice pads (at least the latter have no sibilance).

As for metal, funny thing is, I'm getting away from it lately. Towards jazz, mostly. I still like a lot of what I know, but don't really wish to learn more and more of it.
Besides, metal, for me, has long gotten to the point where vocals are too brutal to bear any melody whatsoever. I like guys like Meshuggah or Lamb Of God, but I do wish they wouldn't sing :)

May 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #774 of 1,132
Quote:
Have you thought of getting an electronic drum set for home? Or do electronic drums, for an audiophile like you, sound even worse than practice pads (at least the latter have no sibilance).

As for metal, funny thing is, I'm getting away from it lately. Towards jazz, mostly. I still like a lot of what I know, but don't really wish to learn more and more of it.
Besides, metal, for me, has long gotten to the point where vocals are too brutal to bear any melody whatsoever. I like guys like Meshuggah or Lamb Of God, but I do wish they wouldn't sing :)

I had an electric drumkit, but wasn't too satisfied with it. it was the roland td9. Darn expensive too, but the processor of the central module was a bit to slow, which in turn created a slight but noticable delay. This felt so incredibly fake to me that I sold the damn thing.
However the newer modules are much faster and supposedly better. I would definitely consider buying one again in the future. I also bought the electronic drumkit for the wrong reasons. I didn't really practiced hard songs, or excersises. I just used it to play along with the songs I already knew. That's not really what an electronic drumkit is for, it's for practice. Unless you have like 5+ grand to spend on one.

I actually like the brutality of the vocals. I've started listening to vildhjarta a lot lately! It's less about melody than about groove, but oh is it groovy.

Obligatory delusional audiophile complaints: I hated the sibilance of those e-kits, and man where is the freaking soundstage!?!

May 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #775 of 1,132
Quote:
Obligatory delusional audiophile complaints: I hated the sibilance of those e-kits, and man where is the freaking soundstage!?!

Well, in theory you could put your midi signals through PC or Mac and have any soundstage and sound you want. If your setup is powerful enough to do it without significant delay, that is :)

May 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #777 of 1,132
Quote:
I had an electric drumkit, but wasn't too satisfied with it. it was the roland td9. Darn expensive too, but the processor of the central module was a bit to slow, which in turn created a slight but noticable delay. This felt so incredibly fake to me that I sold the damn thing.
However the newer modules are much faster and supposedly better. I would definitely consider buying one again in the future. I also bought the electronic drumkit for the wrong reasons. I didn't really practiced hard songs, or excersises. I just used it to play along with the songs I already knew. That's not really what an electronic drumkit is for, it's for practice. Unless you have like 5+ grand to spend on one.

I actually like the brutality of the vocals. I've started listening to vildhjarta a lot lately! It's less about melody than about groove, but oh is it groovy.

If your future drum kit will have MIDI, you'll able to connect it to some laptop via the MIDI. On your laptop you can use battery 4 as a drum machine / sample with your own drum kits.

May 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #778 of 1,132
Quote:

If your future drum kit will have MIDI, you'll able to connect it to some laptop via the MIDI. On your laptop you can use battery 4 as a drum machine / sample with your own drum kits.

That drumkit that I had actually had a midi connection, but I never used it. Guess I was a bit too young to grasp the full potential of that thing.
Now I'm way more open musically, and listen to much more genres. Recording would be pretty mint though, but I would need a e-kit that's sensitive enough to capture every tiny little accent I play.
I also used some panasonic headphones with that kit, I think with my current gear I would get a much more natural sound from that kit.

May 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #779 of 1,132
Quote:
That drumkit that I had actually had a midi connection, but I never used it. Guess I was a bit too young to grasp the full potential of that thing.
Now I'm way more open musically, and listen to much more genres. Recording would be pretty mint though, but I would need a e-kit that's sensitive enough to capture every tiny little accent I play.
I also used some panasonic headphones with that kit, I think with my current gear I would get a much more natural sound from that kit.

The Roland TD-9 is cool, but the model was bad, I mean maybe at the time was okay, but today you can go better with the drum sets and the SQ.

May 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #780 of 1,132
Quote:

The Roland TD-9 is cool, but the model was bad, I mean maybe at the time was okay, but today you can go better with the drum sets and the SQ.

Do you drum as well? I really did notice a sort of slow response of the td-9 module. I actually think I'll try to save some money for a new electronic drumkit. Any suggestions for a set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back