The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jun 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #2,401 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody is knocking Livewires. They have a good product as far as I can tell. Personally, I don't care for the connector they use and I wanted triple drivers.

Can you please elaborate on the connector concern?

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #2,402 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nobody is knocking Livewires.

That's exactly what it was a cheap shot.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #2,403 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by eeerie1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The swivel, clipon, connectors of the Livewires are bombproof.

They are a brilliant design and sets them apart from other customs.

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #2,404 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The connector is great in terms of durability and functionality, but there is very little customizing potential with the LiveWires. You lose much of the faceplate because of the large connector, so you can't put your logo on it.

It may not be much of a drawback for some, but since this product cannot be resold, having a personal touch to your custom IEMs in the form of a graphic is nice.

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #2,405 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The connector is great in terms of durability and functionality, but there is very little customizing potential with the LiveWires. You lose much of the faceplate because of the large connector, so you can't put your logo on it.

It may not be much of a drawback for some, but since this product cannot be resold, having a personal touch to your custom IEMs in the form of a graphic is nice.

Go faster stripes don't make it go faster!

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #2,406 of 3,960
Let's have a food fight, all throwing, no substance, ignoring all the good things that been said, focusing on a minor negative and making slippery slope arguments.

It's interesting, once there is one thing wrong, you can find some LW members in here making pointless blanket statements that disregard everything that has happened.

This has happened about 4-5 times already, aren't you guys tired? No one even attacked your beloved LiveWires. Germania posted a worthy response to the delays and "promises" that other custom IEM companies make. It is clear that Sovkiller is expecting much, especially if you've read his comments in the UE11 thread after trying the universal UE11. No offense, but I think you are overreacting. It's true that no company can please everyone, especially if they're expecting every detail of the transaction to be perfect.

Promises or no promises, give some people a break, especially if it's minor.

I'm getting too annoyed, so I'm going to stop posting for a while
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2,408 of 3,960
Quote:

You are entitled to your opinions, but I just do not understand why you continue to come into this thread and bash FreQ at every opportunity. Maybe we should do the same in your LW thread. The ENTIRE forum knows you are a die hard fan boy for LW. SO much so that you opinion has lost credibility. You are such a fan boy, it appears that you have lost all objectivity. A closed mind is a wasted mind. Open you eyes, open your ears, enjoy life, and don't take it so personally. I applaud your passion, but surely there are more worthy causes to fight for.

Ironically it is your avatar that turned me off of the LW. Personal preference, but I just can't stand the look of the plug.

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #2,409 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by eeerie1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My concern is entirely aethetic
biggrin.gif

Quote:

That's exactly what it was a cheap shot.

What cheap shot? You never acknowledged my question in regards to Livewires turnaround times. Have they improved or not? If not, then Germania's comments were accurate. If Livewires has improved in this area, then state that.

Quote:

Yes, they set them apart. You either love them or hate them. For me, the swivel has absolutely zero practical value. I also don't like the way they look and the bulk that they add to the headphone. IMHO one of the reasons for purchasing a custom IEM is the small size. This connector seems to be counter productive to that goal.

Before you get upset, I am not criticizing the connector. I'm sure it has many redeemable characteristics. I don't like it, so I chose to order FreQs. We can agree to disagree on the merits of that connector
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Bomb proof and all is good.

But they are U-G-L-Y
Plus, not compatable with other cables...just saying...when there is a UE upgrade cable..its fits on the FreQ

Great minds think alike? hehe

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #2,410 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is clear that Sovkiller is expecting much, especially if you've read his comments in the UE11 thread after trying the universal UE11. No offense, but I think you are overreacting. It's true that no company can please everyone, especially if they're expecting every detail of the transaction to be perfect.

Promises or no promises, give some people a break, especially if it's minor.

I'm getting too annoyed, so I'm going to stop posting for a while
biggrin.gif

Sorry but I'm not expecting anything that I would do if I were in their shoes, and what I do all the time in mine, and what is right to be done...period...Is that asking too much to you, well so be it???

Sorry, but if you are going to keep on trying to justify what IMO has absolutely no justification, yes we agree with you, that it is better that you take a break, honestly...We are also getting annoyed of the same advocacy all the time...
wink.gif

Aslo powertoold, what I said about the UE11 in that thread is 100% true to me, with the universal fits the UE11 sounded like a 200 earbud to me, and I stand behind that. And it is more, I strongly doubt that the custom mold will make them sound far better, or at least, as a $1200.00 should sound like, sorry...that is why I ordered the FreQ's, but that is a point that I will never be able to refute properly...as I will never get them for that much...

With $1200.00 to burn, I strongly suggest anybody to go for a full size setup (headphone/amp), [size=xx-small]or maybe for an Edition 9[/size] instead...

Now the good news!!!!!!
tongue.gif
An update, Todd called me today, after I called him in the morning, and the IEM's were still sitting there. He was apologizing for all the delays, which I gladly accepted, no problems...

He explained me that they are having some problems there, three technicians are out, and he got stock in production. What IMO is fully understandable, but unfortunately for me, I knew about all these problems once the problem arose, and once I begin to find out, if you have aproblem I think that is better to give people a heads up...If I knew about them the first day I called them, I can assure you guys, that you will never heard any of my complaints here, I feel that communication is an essential tool in business, and if you get a little into business management, all emails should be answered, all phone calls should be returned, all of them...that is a common practice that unfortunatelly we are loosing day by day...

Now about the Livewires connector, even while I like them better, they use the same connector, or very similar to the Sleeks, not sure if they are swapable, but they are very similar, and also many hearing aids devices used them in the past, probably they are using a new old stock of those...LOL...(joke) But they are by far new. IIRC the flashes of the old cameras, also used similar plugs at one time.

Do not forget also the freQ designed those cables to be used around the ear, so a swivel connector is not very useful there...

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #2,411 of 3,960
^^ Actually a swivel cable lets you go over or down from the ear.

As for thread bashing, powertoold comes into LW threads and does some bashing from time to time. No biggie. Happens. Everyone is entitled to opinions. The LW are nice, the freq are nice..so whatever.

Anyway, what may seem ugly to you maybe really nice in actuality.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #2,412 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, what may seem ugly to you maybe really nice in actuality.

Or rather, to someone else - different strokes for different folks, after all.

too bad about the turnover time for the livewires tho, but it appears to be dependent on the branch you send your molds to.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #2,414 of 3,960
I am very happy with mine.

I was seriously considering LiveWires since I tend to prefer neutral.

What turned me off was that the FreQ had lower prices, better color choices, and did custom artwork.

I wanted a UE at a lower price and I think that I got that.

Honestly, I think it was best purchase in audio thus far and that is saying something. I thoughly enjoy what I have, but it just represets the upper echelon of what is out there and that is what I wanted. Something that was at the top level of the game and that I would get a lot of usage out of. Plus, universals were just not working out very well for me with my ear surgery in September. A good seal was just not possible and I really liked IEM's.

I still think livewires are a great option and would gladly point people in that direction. However, if you wanted what I wanted, the FreQ's are a great way to go IMO.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #2,415 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now about the Livewires connector, even while I like them better, they use the same connector, or very similar to the Sleeks, not sure if they are swapable, but they are very similar, and also many hearing aids devices used them in the past, probably they are using a new old stock of those...LOL...(joke) But they are by far new. IIRC the flashes of the old cameras, also used similar plugs at one time.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they're not swappable. Upon closer examination, the Sleeks' cable connector is actually the female connector with the tiny pin being on the earphone bodies themselves.

The LiveWires, on the other hand, are the reverse. The connectors on the wires have the male end and the custom-built shells have the female end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back