The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Mar 15, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #886 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you doing the in-home kit ?

No, I already have my audiologist-made ear impressions. I though that when I checked out from my order it said something about them sending me something. Maybe not? I will email them to find out ... maybe "they" are the ones waiting on me!

Will

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #888 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should send you an email saying they sent out the impressions kit.

what if they are just sending me the kit (i got pro impressions) will they send me an email? I thought they sent it out right after you buy the headphones. Today will be the 4th day for me, someone said i would get it in 3 so hopefully it comes today.

What shipping service do they use?

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #890 of 3,960
Oh my oh my, my FreQs sound amazing! I love using it for conventional music (which I listen to 1% of the time), where a good amount of bass is needed. I think it complements my HD580s perfectly since the HD580s are bass light, so if I wanted more bass, I would use my FreQs. Lately, I've been finding myself using my FreQs exclusively because they are just so much more comfortable and lighter than the HD580s. However, they don't sound as clear as my HD580s. Perhaps it is because I don't have professional impressions, but I doubt it. The sound is a bit muffled and confined compared to my HD580s, but that is nothing new. Comparing IEMs to full-sized cans is a sin
biggrin.gif

If you are sort of a basshead, the bass on the FreQs is great... especially with a nice portable amp like the D2 with AD8599. I never really liked the bass on SF5Pro. The FreQ bass is full, and bouncy. It feels like someone with a soft pillow is touching your head - nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #891 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my oh my, my FreQs sound amazing! I love using it for conventional music (which I listen to 1% of the time), where a good amount of bass is needed. I think it complements my HD580s perfectly since the HD580s are bass light, so if I wanted more bass, I would use my FreQs. Lately, I've been finding myself using my FreQs exclusively because they are just so much more comfortable and lighter than the HD580s. However, they don't sound as clear as my HD580s. Perhaps it is because I don't have professional impressions, but I doubt it. The sound is a bit muffled and confined compared to my HD580s, but that is nothing new. Comparing IEMs to full-sized cans is a sin
biggrin.gif

LOL
biggrin.gif
. Do you have a better picture of yours ?

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #894 of 3,960
Just got my SuperFreQs today. They seem to stick out a lot in my ear, but the seal seems to be perfect. (Did a seal test from Sensaphonics)

They got me my original order, of Black outer, and Blue inner. I had emailed them asking to change to Clear inner, and they said it will be noted on my file, but I guess it didn't go through or something. The Blue inner looks good anyhow, so I'm not fussed.

I'll try and upload some pictures when I get a chance.

First impressions:
The sound quality is excellent. It's almost as good as my ER4P. I'm not a Bass lover, so I felt that the SuperFreQs has too much bass. But the bass isn't overpowering to me, so that's good.

I might need to find a new mp3 player now. I'm currently listening at the lowest level, and still it's louder than I usually like listening at, and a lot of hiss is coming through. I'm going to have to do some research on which one would be suitable at the $200 mark.

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #896 of 3,960
Just got my SuperFreQ today. Here is the pictures (some are put together with Livewires for comparison)

The package I got:

Out of the package is the small BOX:

Here is all the accessories (really, this is the so called "cost down")

Ah..... I didn't pay to much attention for choose colors while I'm placing the order.
Got me silver inner & black outer:

Nesting inside my ear:

Here with Livewires:

I put my review in the Livewires thread, which would be here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...ml#post3992491
and here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...ml#post3992757

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #899 of 3,960
killkli, I'm glad you like the FreQ sound. It really does sound great, especially for today's music since it is bass heavy.

Concerning the build, I think your's looks like one of the good ones hehe. Your faceplate is clean.

** That's the regular orientation. You COULD wear it OTE, but the cord will slip often.

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #900 of 3,960
killkli, i will update my SuperFreQ picture index thread when I get home... cool pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back