The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #826 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you need to ship it in the box they provide anyway. By the time you email them and ask how to ship it yourself, you will already get the impressions box lol.

Yeah i realized that as I was ordering them....
biggrin.gif

how long does it take to get the box?

I also got the extended warranty and the damage beyond repair warranty. I mean for $10 bucks? its a steal.

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #827 of 3,960
Guess I am the only one who has both the LW and SuperFREQ. While I may not be an audiophile, I think I have experienced enough to make a comparison. Have posted before but I guess my puny postcount counts (pun intended) for nothing.

But my LW were sent back (one of the drivers failed) so I haven't been able to do an A:B comparison. It's been over 2 months now. In the meantime, I've had the SuperFREQs molds down, sent to the US and got my SuperFREQs back!

I just find it odd that LW fanbois keep harping abt LW quality when my own personal experience hasn't borne that out. Worse, they seem to take forever to fix stuff. From what I have seen here, the FREQ people seem far more responsive.

Anyway.. I also have the triple.fi 10pro and I have to tell you, once you've heard the UE sound signature on the tf10p, it is very very seductive and it is very very hard to go back.

The LW are "balanced" but they lack the bass and mids of the tf10p.

The only area where LW won hands down over the tf10p was in comfort and seal.

Hence my hankering for a triple driver customs that I could afford. And why I took the chance on the SuperFREQs.

First off, the SuperFREQ still isn't quite a tf10p replacement. For the most part, they sound incredibly good. Great taut bass like the tf10p and clear separation. But in some tracks that I have, the mids are a bit too forward and IMHO masks the highs a little too much for my liking.

I still love the tf10p for overall balance. But if I had to go on a long plane ride, you can bet it is the SuperFREQs that would be with me for the better part of 28 hours.

It's staved off the hankering for a UE10 or UE11 custom
wink.gif

But I am getting some custom molds for the tf10p. Hope they work.

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #828 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiehowser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess I am the only one who has both the LW and SuperFREQ. While I may not be an audiophile, I think I have experienced enough to make a comparison. Have posted before but I guess my puny postcount counts (pun intended) for nothing.

But my LW were sent back (one of the drivers failed) so I haven't been able to do an A:B comparison. It's been over 2 months now. In the meantime, I've had the SuperFREQs molds down, sent to the US and got my SuperFREQs back!

I just find it odd that LW fanbois keep harping abt LW quality when my own personal experience hasn't borne that out. Worse, they seem to take forever to fix stuff. From what I have seen here, the FREQ people seem far more responsive.

Anyway.. I also have the triple.fi 10pro and I have to tell you, once you've heard the UE sound signature on the tf10p, it is very very seductive and it is very very hard to go back.

Hence my hankering for a triple driver customs that I could afford. And why I took the chance on the SuperFREQs.

First off, the SuperFREQ still isn't quite a tf10p replacement. For the most part, they sound incredibly good. Great taut bass like the tf10p and clear separation. But in some tracks that I have, the mids are a bit too forward and IMHO masks the highs a little too much for my liking.

I still love the tf10p for overall balance. But if I had to go on a long plane ride, you can bet it is the SuperFREQs that would be with me for the better part of 28 hours.

wink.gif

i wouldn't expect the Freq's to be a tf10 replacement lol. I am excited to get mine. Still need to get impressions but can't wait! too bad they wont be here by spring break
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #829 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why is Khill's black color very pale? not metallic like? im confused.

Mine look just like the pic you posted. They are very metallic. I just can't get the metallic to come out with my point and shoot digi cam. But they look exactly the same as the pic.

BTW: Congrats on the order, you will love them, I know I do!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #830 of 3,960
Quote:

wink.gif

hehe. I love my FreQs too, but I find myself wondering of $1200 UE11s would sound better. Of course, every time I think about it, my wallet runs and hides :p

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #831 of 3,960
Quote:

While I may not be an audiophile, I think I have experienced enough to make a comparison......

.....so I haven't been able to do an A:B comparison.

Confused? You have or you haven't.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #833 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Confused? You have or you haven't.
rolleyes.gif

Aw....got to love selective quoting. Re-read what he said. He has listened to both, just not back and forth between the two during the same listening session (A/B'ing)
We know you love your LW's Why do you insist on kicking sand in any FreQ thread???? Insecure with your purchase? Maybe you are trying to convince yourself, because you sure are not changing my opinion....

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #834 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw....got to love selective quoting. Re-read what he said. He has listened to both, just not back and forth between the two during the same listening session (A/B'ing)
We know you love your LW's Why do you insist on kicking sand in any FreQ thread???? Insecure with your purchase? Maybe you are trying to convince yourself, because you sure are not changing my opinion....

Good job dude ! Nicely said ! I was about to say that but did not want to start the fire, REPPED!
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #835 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ORDERED MY SUPER FREQ'S!!! I WILL GET MY IMPRESSIONS WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND THEN SEND MY PRO ONEs out. I GOT

inner: like this one (purple) :
dsc2132nl1.jpg

with the outer like this ones outer:
2319096401_303a85c0c9.jpg

Man!...I want to hit that order button so bad too, but still can't find an audiologist.
mad.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #836 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man!...I want to hit that order button so bad too, but still can't find an audiologist.
mad.gif

You could do them yourself, just follow the UE instructions and have someone help you. The main difference between the pro and the home instructions are the amount of silicon and the delivery method. I think the audiologist used more material then came in the home kit, and she used a big syringe--the big kind not with a needle-- and mixed a fresh batch for each ear. If you can get extra mold material and the syringe for under $20, I say do them yourself (with a helper). Have your helper inject the "goo" while you keep a bite block in your mouth to keep your jaw still and partially open. And make sure to put something inside the ear to stop the goo. My audiologist used a little piece of foam, but UE likes cotton. You probly have a cotton ball in the house, so tear off a small piece. The only lingering concern is how deep. That's what an audiologist knows, but here is what mine did. She inserted the foam as deep as she could until it felt uncomfortable (not painful), and then backed it out a tiny bit. She used forceps (fancy tweezers). Ask questions if I'm not clear on anything. I'm rambling a bit while I eat my lunch hehe

I'm still shocked you guys are having trouble finding someone to do your impressions. Flagstaff, AZ isn't a big town and I got mine for $20.
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #837 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could do them yourself, just follow the UE instructions and have someone help you. The main difference between the pro and the home instructions are the amount of silicon and the delivery method. I think the audiologist used more material then came in the home kit, and she used a big syringe--the big kind not with a needle-- and mixed a fresh batch for each ear. If you can get extra mold material and the syringe for under $20, I say do them yourself (with a helper). Have your helper inject the "goo" while you keep a bite block in your mouth to keep your jaw still and partially open. And make sure to put something inside the ear to stop the goo. My audiologist used a little piece of foam, but UE likes cotton. You probly have a cotton ball in the house, so tear off a small piece. The only lingering concern is how deep. That's what an audiologist knows, but here is what mine did. She inserted the foam as deep as she could until it felt uncomfortable (not painful), and then backed it out a tiny bit. She used forceps (fancy tweezers). Ask questions if I'm not clear on anything. I'm rambling a bit while I eat my lunch hehe

I'm still shocked you guys are having trouble finding someone to do your impressions. Flagstaff, AZ isn't a big town and I got mine for $20.
cool.gif

Sounds like a dangerous thing to do. I might just do the in-home kit if I still can't find one after spring break.

Actually, I found 3 audiologists that will do the impressions in town. Yet, the cheapest is $110 for both ears !

Btw, how did you know that the medical center would do ear impressions ? The medical center here has ear,nose, and throat dept but it does not say anything about hearing aids.

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #839 of 3,960
I kind of wanna get the inner pink color but am not sure how it would turn out.

For now I will stick with the Inner Purple. Do you guys think it would look better with inner purple outer black with black cord or inner purple with outer whit with white cord????

I need some feedback because I am unable to make this decision on my own.... lol

Yeah kosmic why do you keep trying to thrash on the SuperFreq's and prove the LW's to be better? we know you love yours and all but you can't have an opinion on them unless if you have them. PLEASE buy a pair and do an honest review and compare the 2. Everyone would love to see this.

ANyway back on topic I scheduled to get my impressions on Friday , they are $25 per ear so $50 for both which isn't TOO bad but could be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back