The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #286 of 3,960
Alright they just got here. BUT....I am eating lunch, so after that i will post pics and impressions.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #292 of 3,960
You have to stick the canal portion in with the earphone twisted forward. Then, as you insert it, you twist it towards the back. Also, make sure you know which one is the right and left.

Note: Plug the FreQ in and turn on the music BEFORE inserting them. You don't know how loud it'll be.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #294 of 3,960
Alright, I got them in.

First impressions Listening through my ipod hooked to my Go-vibe v7 max via an LOD. Music: METAL!!!!

Bass! - I mas not really expecting much from an armature, but boy these have great bass to me. I have dt-770s and ultrasones, and i think these have enough. Not as much impact, but great quantity.

Mids - I can hear the electric guitars, as well as the vocals. The person singing sounds like they are in your head; its really creepy! The guitars have some real grit, and the vocals sound smooth, like they are sitting in the room singing to you.

Highs - I really think these are neutral. Much more present than my old e500's, and also much less annoying than the Ultrasones. The cymbals are not as defined as i would like, but thats just mine own personal opinion

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #295 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you do your impressions using the self-impression kit?

no, mine are professional.

The isolation on these is amazing!!!! I had some music playing on the laptop, and now i cant even hear it. The double bass drums are really starting to kick. I even heard some low bass rumble say below 30 hz. Overall, I think these are great.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #298 of 3,960
Alright, the iphone sounds pretty damn good.

Then i plugged them into my Corda Headfive. And i almost crapped a brick. I was listening to through the fire and flames by dragonforce. I really dont want to sound like im exaggerating, but for an iem, these are pretty awesome.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #300 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what don't you like about them, heh

there is a bit of sibilance in the high end, and sometimes the mids can get a little muddy. Also, they are WAY too sensitive. I think i might have to buy a 75 ohm resistor from APS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back