The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #241 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am actually connecting my HD580s to my Sonicap dock, which is connected to my computer. Without my dock, the 580's bass would be too overwhelming for me. I enjoy subtle bass.

I know this is OT, but 580s bass is overwhelming straight up?! When I had my 580s I was missing my bass, so I went Grado...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #244 of 3,960
The university clinic here charges $55 per ear (I think it's the molds), and the cheapest I can get impressions is $25 both ears at a local audiologist back in my home city. Some audiologists I've called say that they can't give the impressions to me directly, but they can send them off to other companies. I might call them back and see if I can provide them with an address to send the impressions off to.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #245 of 3,960
ShinyFalcon, a lot of companies say that in fear of you getting hearing aids done over the net. Keep looking, don't settle for a high price, North Houston is a large area.

Jan 15, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #246 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found outthey arena coming today. What a bummer. The guy at the free saidthey would ship on Friday, but I just got the shipping email today.

Oh well

I got my email saying mine shipped today too.

I can't decide if that's good or bad. It's good cause I finally get them, but it's bad because I know I have to wait a little longer :p

Jan 15, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #247 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The McDonald's happy meal build quality turned off my excitement a little, but the sound is still exciting for me.

Weird. that's exactly what I described the atrio m5s with...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Ear impressions" are essentially "ear mold impressions," right? I called several audiologists/hearing aid centers, and I had trouble telling them that I wanted just the impressions.

Just ask for "silicone" impressions. Maybe that'll clear it up. Usually it shouldn't cost more than $50.

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #248 of 3,960
do they not like to answer emails or something? I keep sending them emails and don't get any responses.

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #250 of 3,960
@powertoold

could you give us a more detailed comparisons regarding the bass between the ue sf5pro and superfreq? i love my sf5pro but i feel the only thing thats kinda lacking is its bass. i wanted more bass impact! something like atrio m5 bass
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #251 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do they not like to answer emails or something? I keep sending them emails and don't get any responses.

That's wierd. I've always had pretty good response from them via email. If you have a question, you can also call them. Don't think their customer service is lacking because you haven't heard back an email. Maybe their replies are getting spam filtered?

They have been great about sending emails at each stage of the ordering process too, ie Order Confirmed, Impressions received, order shipped. The only thing I wished was that I had a tracking number for my shipment. I think they use USPS, so that's not possible.

I know I won't get them today, but in all honesty, I'm hoping they will
biggrin.gif

In regards to them being busy, that is true. When I last spoke to Derek on the phone, he mentioned that they sold a lot of gift certificates before Xmas, and now all those are being turned in. The first of the year is a busy time for them.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #252 of 3,960
Yes, the FreQ company has been very busy lately, so they haven't been able to answer questions.

About the tracking: you don't really need it since it's only 1-3 business days for it to come anywhere in the CONUS, hehe. I got it in 2 days Florida to California.

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #254 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine still have not arrived. I think tomorrow is my best bet. Me and Hayduke can post pics + impressions at the same time!

I'm gonna keep hoping for today
smily_headphones1.gif
At least until I finally leave work
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #255 of 3,960
Well contacted Preq and here is what they said.
"Thank you for your interest in The FreQ as well as your patients in waiting for this reply. We will do our best to answer your questions to your satisfaction. Please see below:

1) Our SuperFreQ does use a three speaker design with a crossover. We use specific speakers that were designed to separate the lows, mids and high frequencies along with the crossover. The blend is very nice and clean.

2) 26db

3) The main difference between the two lines is that the Music Makers line will be designed with a detachable, braided cord that will be worn over the ear. We are looking at using a few different crossovers as well. This line is expect to be released by 5/1/08.

4) We expect the Music Makers line to be used for all levels of professional musicians. These are intended for on-stage use."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back