The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #2,206 of 2,251
I've been thinking about getting H40 or H50 quite a long time, but last week I asked one person to compare H40 to TRI I3 (my main iems are I3 Pro, but there's not much differences between them), and he said that H40's 7-8k peak is more piercing than I3's, and I barely can tolerate I3 Pro's random sibilance. H50, as I've been told about, have an awesome sound overall, a good bass, but I3 Pro still hits harder. I'm not a big fan of hybrids actually, I3 Pro is the only one I liked. I also have FiiO FHE, and it's not a basshead iem at all to me, no matter what the reviewers say.

Get Sony N3, that is budget Z1R with more bass quantity

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #2,208 of 2,251
I've already wrote my opinion on N3 above, not an option for me at all.

Sorry I missed out, did you try with lot of eartips selections? N3 have huge bass and hit hard as far as i remember, maybe you werent getting perfect seal? Maybe you will need Z1R or 64audio Tia Trio lol

Aug 8, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #2,209 of 2,251
I've been thinking about getting H40 or H50 quite a long time, but last week I asked one person to compare H40 to TRI I3 (my main iems are I3 Pro, but there's not much differences between them), and he said that H40's 7-8k peak is more piercing than I3's, and I barely can tolerate I3 Pro's random sibilance. H50, as I've been told about, have an awesome sound overall, a good bass, but I3 Pro still hits harder. I'm not a big fan of hybrids actually, I3 Pro is the only one I liked. I also have FiiO FHE, and it's not a basshead iem at all to me, no matter what the reviewers say.
Well, Ive got tri i3 OG and H40, and they are too far away to be piercing.

H40 is a relaxed sets with so much bass. It can be called muffled, but presents detail for this kind of tuning.

Im starting to think that the iem u are looking for is not invented yet.

Shouer s12 could be another nice pick, nice and detailed bass, but its more piercing that ISN one.

Aug 8, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,210 of 2,251
Sorry I missed out, did you try with lot of eartips selections? N3 have huge bass and hit hard as far as i remember, maybe you werent getting perfect seal? Maybe you will need Z1R or 64audio Tia Trio lol
Yes, I'm thinking of a bad seal too, but I couldn't do anything about it, and I have a lot of eartips of different sizes and forms, but none of them helped. Z1R or 64Audio are too expensive for me.
Well, Ive got tri i3 OG and H40, and they are too far away to be piercing.

H40 is a relaxed sets with so much bass. It can be called muffled, but presents detail for this kind of tuning.

Im starting to think that the iem u are looking for is not invented yet.

Shouer s12 could be another nice pick, nice and detailed bass, but its more piercing that ISN one.
I'm very treble sensitive. And for that reason, I can't use Shuoer S12, but not only because of bright signature, they're also not enough bass for me. I'm thinking of an IEM that'll be 1 step below so called true basshead level, when things get too broken in sound for me, and as I read through the forum, No.3s are mentioned in that way quite often. Back in 2019, they and BLON BL03 were the stars of the show, as I see. I own BL03 by the way, they sound awesome, but more bass and technicalities of DLC driver would be even better I believe.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #2,211 of 2,251
Yes, I'm thinking of a bad seal too, but I couldn't do anything about it, and I have a lot of eartips of different sizes and forms, but none of them helped. Z1R or 64Audio are too expensive for me.

I'm very treble sensitive. And for that reason, I can't use Shuoer S12, but not only because of bright signature, they're also not enough bass for me. I'm thinking of an IEM that'll be 1 step below so called true basshead level, when things get too broken in sound for me, and as I read through the forum, No.3s are mentioned in that way quite often. Back in 2019, they and BLON BL03 were the stars of the show, as I see. I own BL03 by the way, they sound awesome, but more bass and technicalities of DLC driver would be even better I believe.
KBEAR INK
FOCUS VOCAL

try the focus one, is just one step down from a basshead, got nice strong male voices... think they are good for rock, blues...

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #2,212 of 2,251

Have you considered the Ikko OH10 Obsidian?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #2,214 of 2,251
KBEAR INK
FOCUS VOCAL

try the focus one, is just one step down from a basshead, got nice strong male voices... think they are good for rock, blues...
I ended up ordering Live X for now, because I want to check them myself. But if they'll not suite me, I noted the IEMs you suggested, especially Focus Vocal - looks pretty nice on the graph.

Aug 15, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #2,215 of 2,251
1660586078156.png

SuperTFZ Force 1. Don't know if this is a subbrand from TFZ or just a new line of IEMs they are making but these things are way better than I imagined. These easily competes with the likes of a Dunu Titan S which I never would have thought after reviewing the Titan S something similar in the price range would come close to those. These are better in some ways especially its bass performance. Its got a complete sound good dynamics, excellent detail, good treble, good mids and most importantly good bass. Not to mention blocks out a good amount of ambient sound due to being all Resin. $79 folks! Completely overlooked by the community and these are probably one of the absolute best you can get at that price. Dual magnet, tesla flux, 10.2mm Beryillium coated dynamic. Way better than it has a right to be.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #2,217 of 2,251
can any of you rate the series 7?
is it worth buying or is it a high-end product?
It was deemed overpriced, low value quite a long time ago. Can't have aged well. Gonna be 4 years old in a few months.

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #2,219 of 2,251
Thank you for your answer
i can get it for 130 USD. is it worth?
Nope. I'd say $99 and if you have quality EQ to correct the flaws. Buy the SuperTFZ Force King for $129. It's like TFZ but super :grin: . But seriously if people were all saying buy the cheaper King models over the 7 back then the newest latest should be at least a bit better than those and an even better choice. It is so old and they did not do well with armatures esp. in a hybrid. So much so they stop using them. Think that is your biggest clue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back