DSC_0012.jpegqwweqret.jpeg
DSC_0010.jpegqwer.jpeg
DSC_0006.jpeg12345.jpeg
DSC_0005.jpeg1234.jpeg
DSC_0004.jpeg1224.jpeg
DSC_0003.jpeg123.jpeg

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #2,222 of 2,251
Sep 22, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #2,224 of 2,251
Thank-you, all these hours later and I'm still proof-reading and adding a picture, at times inspiration can get messy. Lol

great review, thank you very much for your efforts

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #2,226 of 2,251
The Force 1 gets called a bass head IEM by many? I don’t know, to me it’s just perfect!
Hi all, I would like to ask you about TFZ Live X

Does Live X have Rumble?
I was looking for an iem with a big bass and a rumble that satisfies the basshead.

Thanks 😁

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #2,227 of 2,251
Hi all, I would like to ask you about TFZ Live X

Does Live X have Rumble?
I was looking for an iem with a big bass and a rumble that satisfies the basshead.

Thanks 😁
I have several TFZ IEMs in addition to a dozen others ranging from $40-$500. The TFZ Live X is my daily driver. I am a bass head and these have enough low end to dig in deep and satisfy my need to feel the low frequencies. I use JVC Spiral Dot tips which improve the overall sound. They have a similar response graph to the Empire Ears Legend X, although the Legend X does it a bit better. If you have the money, grab those.

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #2,228 of 2,251
I have several TFZ IEMs in addition to a dozen others ranging from $40-$500. The TFZ Live X is my daily driver. I am a bass head and these have enough low end to dig in deep and satisfy my need to feel the low frequencies. I use JVC Spiral Dot tips which improve the overall sound. They have a similar response graph to the Empire Ears Legend X, although the Legend X does it a bit better. If you have the money, grab those.
Please describe the low of live x more specifically

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #2,230 of 2,251
Nov 16, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #2,231 of 2,251
Please describe the low of live x more specifically
Most IEMs have between an 8-10mm driver. The driver in the Live X and other TFZ’s like the No.3 is just over 11mm. Generally speaking, the larger the diaphragm, the more impactful the lower frequencies can be. There is some other magic going on with regards to how they port the shell and tune it, but generally the bigger the more bass. I am not a fan of Balanced Armature (BA) drivers for bass. Many bassheads agree. The only IEMs I’ve ever owned that produce heavier-hitting low frequencies are the EE Legend X (over $2000), and a few Sony IEMs that have 13+mm drivers… With the Sony heavy bass units, you’ll sacrifice soundstage for slightly more impact on sub frequency. I am not saying they necessarily produce lower frequencies that’s noticeable. I am saying that they will have a bit more punch in the lower frequencies. From my experience, it’s not worth the trade off to muddy your soundstage just to get a few more dB of sub bass. You still need to enjoy the rest of the music. Considering the Live X will already rattle your skull, I can’t imagine someone not loving that pair. It’s a v-shape and the mid-bass doesn’t muddy the soundstage which is nice. It took some burn-in time and some tip experimenting to find just the right combo and now that I have it, they are easy to put in, get a seal, and enjoy. I can wear them all day comfortably. I tried to do that Today with the VE BIE Pro and my ears got tired after about an hour. It’s probably a thing where eventually my ears would adapt to them, but there’s just no need. The burn-in also gives the drivers time to relax and the highs seems to have mellowed out a bit more as well. If you go to BBGAR or Crinicle’s IEM graph tool and compare the TFZ to the Empire Ears Legend X, you’ll see a similar profile.
The bass response is punchy, digs deep, fairly quick attack/decay, and generally sounds amazing. It’s got great layering and tone so listening to songs with nuanced bass tracks is enjoyable. TFZ uses good drivers in their IEMs and I am a huge fan of what they have been making lately. I sold my EE Legend X and bought 6 other IEMs with that money. They all sit in a case collecting dust. I will occasionally pull out my Thor Mjolnir IEMs and they also sound amazing, but are 2-3x the price and honestly there’s not a lot of difference between them. If I get robbed or lose/drop/break my IEMs, I don’t want that to be a pair that costs $400. You can find deals on the TFZ Live X, or the TFZ No.3, depending on your budget. Either are amazing and I wouldn’t miss the Live X one bit if all I could afford is the TFZ No.3. I hope this helps!

Nov 17, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #2,232 of 2,251
Most IEMs have between an 8-10mm driver. The driver in the Live X and other TFZ’s like the No.3 is just over 11mm. Generally speaking, the larger the diaphragm, the more impactful the lower frequencies can be. There is some other magic going on with regards to how they port the shell and tune it, but generally the bigger the more bass. I am not a fan of Balanced Armature (BA) drivers for bass. Many bassheads agree. The only IEMs I’ve ever owned that produce heavier-hitting low frequencies are the EE Legend X (over $2000), and a few Sony IEMs that have 13+mm drivers… With the Sony heavy bass units, you’ll sacrifice soundstage for slightly more impact on sub frequency. I am not saying they necessarily produce lower frequencies that’s noticeable. I am saying that they will have a bit more punch in the lower frequencies. From my experience, it’s not worth the trade off to muddy your soundstage just to get a few more dB of sub bass. You still need to enjoy the rest of the music. Considering the Live X will already rattle your skull, I can’t imagine someone not loving that pair. It’s a v-shape and the mid-bass doesn’t muddy the soundstage which is nice. It took some burn-in time and some tip experimenting to find just the right combo and now that I have it, they are easy to put in, get a seal, and enjoy. I can wear them all day comfortably. I tried to do that Today with the VE BIE Pro and my ears got tired after about an hour. It’s probably a thing where eventually my ears would adapt to them, but there’s just no need. The burn-in also gives the drivers time to relax and the highs seems to have mellowed out a bit more as well. If you go to BBGAR or Crinicle’s IEM graph tool and compare the TFZ to the Empire Ears Legend X, you’ll see a similar profile.
The bass response is punchy, digs deep, fairly quick attack/decay, and generally sounds amazing. It’s got great layering and tone so listening to songs with nuanced bass tracks is enjoyable. TFZ uses good drivers in their IEMs and I am a huge fan of what they have been making lately. I sold my EE Legend X and bought 6 other IEMs with that money. They all sit in a case collecting dust. I will occasionally pull out my Thor Mjolnir IEMs and they also sound amazing, but are 2-3x the price and honestly there’s not a lot of difference between them. If I get robbed or lose/drop/break my IEMs, I don’t want that to be a pair that costs $400. You can find deals on the TFZ Live X, or the TFZ No.3, depending on your budget. Either are amazing and I wouldn’t miss the Live X one bit if all I could afford is the TFZ No.3. I hope this helps!
Your explanation helped me a lot 😄

Thank you very much, maybe I will order a Live X that is already available in my cart soon

Dec 27, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #2,235 of 2,251
They should be putting out $20 and under units, like everyone else, sending them to people for review. They can do collabs with reviewers. They put out multiple dissapointing iem's and everyone just gave up on them. Look what HBB did with QKZ, he's a bass head, and would shine some light back on TFZ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back