The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #2,176 of 2,251
1654590123360.png

SUPER-TFZ FORCE1 is available now !

https://penonaudio.com/supertfz-force1.html

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Jun 7, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #2,177 of 2,251
Haha that's pretty helpful stuff. I'm really confused about TFZ's naming convention. Like how did 19th edition of No. 3 come about when we didn't see most of the other editions??

But in general, TFZ's tuning is commonly V shaped/basshead stuff (there are exceptions of course).
Come on Bask, it was the bench pair :wink: :beerchug: I personally appreciate as many tries as it takes to get it just right, that fine balance of getting all you can out of what your working with :grin: Soup to Nuts as the old saying goes :thinking:

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #2,179 of 2,251
DSC00593.jpg

The FORCE1 joins the ranks of the surprisingly good sub-$100 single-DDs that have been released over the past year or two. Slightly warm V-shaped tonality with very nice, textured, impactful bass, detailed and decently well-extended treble, and overall good technicalities for its driver config and price bracket. Good comfort, outstanding isolation, and too much bling for my personal aesthetic taste.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #2,180 of 2,251
TFZ COCO...
1655827278094.png

1655827208154.png

With "Ultra Clear Audio" of course.

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,181 of 2,251
DSC00593.jpg

The FORCE1 joins the ranks of the surprisingly good sub-$100 single-DDs that have been released over the past year or two. Slightly warm U-shaped tonality with very nice, textured, impactful bass, detailed and decently well-extended treble, and overall quite good technicalities for its driver config and price bracket. Good comfort, outstanding isolation, and too much bling for my personal aesthetic taste.
man, I really like their design, might get them after I get more opinions about them

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #2,182 of 2,251
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,184 of 2,251
Tequila Pro - there is 1 review on headfi and that's pretty much it on the whole web. Does anyone else have it?

Looking for more midbass than my Sony N1 and Ikko OH10. The design is really good. Like Fiio FD series but better.

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #2,185 of 2,251
Tequila Pro - there is 1 review on headfi and that's pretty much it on the whole web. Does anyone else have it?

Looking for more midbass than my Sony N1 and Ikko OH10. The design is really good. Like Fiio FD series but better.
Akros has a YouTube video review of them. Seems to be positive, fun though not technical. The video description also has a text review.

Jun 23, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #2,186 of 2,251
Wait. What about the TFZ Coco wireless adapter? Seems like an odd choice to use the same name twice. These don’t appear to be designed to match the adapter band. Weird.
Does it need to match?? Not like you can use the COCO on the COCO with a fixed cable. COCO true wireless won't plug in either. COCO Seems to be a line of stuff that TFZ may or may not reveal why they are all different but yet all "COCO". TFZ moves in mysterious ways! :)

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,187 of 2,251
Does it need to match?? Not like you can use the COCO on the COCO with a fixed cable. COCO true wireless won't plug in either. COCO Seems to be a line of stuff that TFZ may or may not reveal why they are all different but yet all "COCO". TFZ moves in mysterious ways! :)

I guess that’s what I mean. What are they up to with this naming convention?

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #2,188 of 2,251
I've published my review of the SuperTFZ FORCE1. It's a competent and well-tuned V shaped IEM that does most things right. Despite the fact that it's pretty far from my target frequency response preference, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know it. It isolates very well and could be a great on-the-go daily driver for many people.

DSC00591.jpg

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #2,189 of 2,251
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a basshead iem for heavy genres, like metalcore, so I need a lot of thumpy bass that I can feel, not only hear. But I also want this iem to be technical enough, and not peaky on upper midrange and treble and have a decent vocals. I've been advised to look over TFZ brand and I recently ordered TFZ No.3, which was described to me from a colleague as: high resolution, very bassy IEM. So I came here to clarify if I made right decision or there's more capable TFZ earphones that will suite my tastes? I'm currently using TRI I3 Pro, but there's not enough midbass rumble (awesome subbass slam though) and they're prone to sibilance on poor quality tracks, FiiO FD5, which are heavily modded to make them more bassy, sounds cool, technical and realistic for the most part, but still lacks that bass kick for me, and have recessed vocals, Audiosense AQ0, which sound signature suites me best, bass rumbles very pleasantly, but the resolution and technicality is often not enough. So, what you guys think of my choice? I've read about TFZ Live X, that they're have even more bass than No.3, and more relaxed mids and highs, but there's not enough information about them. Some people say they're awesome, some say they're overwhelmed in bass and muddled.

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #2,190 of 2,251
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a basshead iem for heavy genres, like metalcore, so I need a lot of thumpy bass that I can feel, not only hear. But I also want this iem to be technical enough, and not peaky on upper midrange and treble and have a decent vocals. I've been advised to look over TFZ brand and I recently ordered TFZ No.3, which was described to me from a colleague as: high resolution, very bassy IEM. So I came here to clarify if I made right decision or there's more capable TFZ earphones that will suite my tastes? I'm currently using TRI I3 Pro, but there's not enough midbass rumble (awesome subbass slam though) and they're prone to sibilance on poor quality tracks, FiiO FD5, which are heavily modded to make them more bassy, sounds cool, technical and realistic for the most part, but still lacks that bass kick for me, and have recessed vocals, Audiosense AQ0, which sound signature suites me best, bass rumbles very pleasantly, but the resolution and technicality is often not enough. So, what you guys think of my choice? I've read about TFZ Live X, that they're have even more bass than No.3, and more relaxed mids and highs, but there's not enough information about them. Some people say they're awesome, some say they're overwhelmed in bass and muddled.
For midbass u should look for:
IKOO OH10
KBEAR BELIEVE
FOCUS (VOCAL OR EDM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back