The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #691 of 2,251
The new hybrid from Whizzer might be an interesting contender too, not to speak about the, so far quite elusive, Simgot hybrids.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whi...Hi-Res-Juicy-Bass-Pure-Clear/32934902153.html

As for the Secret Garden, I take it from recent posts that it's more v-shaped than the King Pro which I think rules it out for me.

Maybe it's more U shaped than V? Nabillion_786 brought up a good point about this. The male vocals wouldn't be so forward if it didn't have some decent mids. It just has some high peaks and lows. I guess you'd have to try it. I know there are some others here with SGs. They recommended it to me lol! My some more prospective would help those on the fence about the Secret Gardens. Hopefully, they chime in sometime soon. Btw, the Whizzer looks pretty cool. Seems like a good deal for a Knowles BA set. From my experience, they really live up to their name.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #692 of 2,251
I believe U shaped is an apt description of the Secret Garden's. Also, context is important with them. By that I mean, yes, they have brighter treble than some iem's, but it's a very detailed, quality treble. Also, yes, there is a lot of bass, but it's a quality bass that doesn't interfere with the mids. The mids aren't thin at all and have a nice thicker note shape. For me, they have become my go to for gaming and movies. The secret gardens have an excellent, wide soundstage and are perfect for those uses. I thought of nabillion right away because of the Secret Garden's strengths. Vocals are huge in movies and they're crystal clear and full sounding, and then the added bass and detailed treble come in during the effects part in movies and they're crystal clear and separated which is again perfect for gaming and movies. They just happen to sound good with music as well. I do understand where some people can say they can get hot or fatiguing at high volumes when listening to music, because then you're getting a constant dose of highs and lows, but not during movies. During movies, the mids are the constant, with an occasional burst of highs and or lows, so I personally don't find them fatiguing at all during those uses. I also just turn the volume down a little bit when I'm listening to music and don't have any issues at all. I hope this helps make some sense, because I've seen people giving him advice, but they don't understand that he almost exclusively watched movies and doesn't listen to much music, and that changes everything in my opinion.

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #693 of 2,251
I believe U shaped is an apt description of the Secret Garden's. Also, context is important with them. By that I mean, yes, they have brighter treble than some iem's, but it's a very detailed, quality treble. Also, yes, there is a lot of bass, but it's a quality bass that doesn't interfere with the mids. The mids aren't thin at all and have a nice thicker note shape. For me, they have become my go to for gaming and movies. The secret gardens have an excellent, wide soundstage and are perfect for those uses. I thought of nabillion right away because of the Secret Garden's strengths. Vocals are huge in movies and they're crystal clear and full sounding, and then the added bass and detailed treble come in during the effects part in movies and they're crystal clear and separated which is again perfect for gaming and movies. They just happen to sound good with music as well. I do understand where some people can say they can get hot or fatiguing at high volumes when listening to music, because then you're getting a constant dose of highs and lows, but not during movies. During movies, the mids are the constant, with an occasional burst of highs and or lows, so I personally don't find them fatiguing at all during those uses. I also just turn the volume down a little bit when I'm listening to music and don't have any issues at all. I hope this helps make some sense, because I've seen people giving him advice, but they don't understand that he almost exclusively watched movies and doesn't listen to much music, and that changes everything in my opinion.
Thanks a lot @thejoker13 and @sino8r for your impressions and help. You have made me convinced that these are really good for what I'm after. The only risk I'm most likely taking is how forward or recessed the vocals will be. Honestly, these have such a divided opinion that I feel I just have to try it out for my self or I will never get a proper idea. Only time will tell how I find them as my secret gardens got dispatched yesterday and i will compare my os v3 to them once it arrives. Half say balanced and best iem for sub 200 and the others say hot in treble with recessed mids. We'll see....

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #696 of 2,251
im choosing between SG and Toneking T4. I listen to all kinds of genre, which do you think is the better all rounder between the two? TIA.
For me, I'd take the T4, 9 times out of 10. It has such a detailed, yet relaxed signature that just plays most genres so well. The SG is the more fun and aggressive listen, but can get fatiguing with extended use. Both are very good though, and would come down to sound preferences, in my opinion.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #697 of 2,251
For me, I'd take the T4, 9 times out of 10. It has such a detailed, yet relaxed signature that just plays most genres so well. The SG is the more fun and aggressive listen, but can get fatiguing with extended use. Both are very good though, and would come down to sound preferences, in my opinion.
How is the t4s soundstage compared to the secret gardens?

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #699 of 2,251
I've got the Simgot EM3 hybrid (1 DD and 2 BA) the dynamic driver is the same one that they use in the EN700 Pro. Do to the comfort, fit and signature, which I consider a slight W, it has jumped ahead of my Fiio FH5 and just behind my Fidue A83 and my favorite monitor of all time, my Jays Q-Jays V2. My radar is now pointed at the Secret Garden 3.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #700 of 2,251
TFZ Secret Garden 3

upload_2018-10-13_1-27-36.png

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #704 of 2,251
Oct 13, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #705 of 2,251
waiting for more impressions from you. Thanks
So far I have been listening with 2 configurations. both switches up & both switches down.

Both Switches Down:
I find the bass takes on a smooth presentation with a slightly slow bass decay. You dont get the punch you normally get from a dynamic driver. The midrange has sufficient body for the vocals. Treble extension is fair. Soundstage has good width and the depth is slightly closed in.

Both Switches Up:
Less bass presence, Higher transparency level for the midrange, More treble

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back