The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #723 of 2,251
I was considering these, but I was waiting for community feedback. What do you think?

initially, i would say i have the similar listening as the few previous posts and with configuration and i would like to emphasize more the body of the iem; it has no hole or seam on the iem meaning u cannot break open to see the BA's inside its literally a whole(1) unit. If u gonna break open.... u require a saw....

what i can say now about the SQ of the SG3 is that there are alot of details across all frequency spectrum.

Oct 19, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #724 of 2,251
According to Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews IT01 are better soung IEM than Secret Garden :frowning2:
Is it even possible? People here say Queens are better than IT01 and SG are the best TFZ till date. I'm confused now. Can someone put more light on this?
I have had both and would probably give the edge to the secret gardens. First of all I have to say that the secret gardens come close to becoming an absolute beast of an iem! It is a lovely, detailed and life-like sounding iem with phenomenal bass that has extends really well and has a really strong punch with good weight, detail and air. The treble is also very detailed with good extension and leans more towards the brighter side for me. Now as for the mids, it is in a sense the best I have heard and the worst because it has a lush and airy sounding vocals which sound fantastic and very life-like. However, the main reason I will keep the os v3 over these is because of the mids recession. The vocals are too back in the mix to the point of me concentrating on them. It is truly a shame and one of those 'could have been' iems.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #725 of 2,251
As I have never heard the Exclusive King, I am not the one to answer that question. Do you need to "upgrade" or are you just in the mood to try something different? I remember you saying you were happy with the King and I know others love it.
Yes I truly love Ex King but vocals at times sound nasal. I'm curious about the bass on the SG. At the same time DM6 is also on my radar. Just scared that Neutral tuning should not be the boring sound sounding.

Hi, what is your budget?
Budget is around $200. I'm waiting for 11.11 sale on AliExpress and expecting $30-40 drop on these items.

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #726 of 2,251
I have had both and would probably give the edge to the secret gardens. First of all I have to say that the secret gardens come close to becoming an absolute beast of an iem! It is a lovely, detailed and life-like sounding iem with phenomenal bass that has extends really well and has a really strong punch with good weight, detail and air. The treble is also very detailed with good extension and leans more towards the brighter side for me. Now as for the mids, it is in a sense the best I have heard and the worst because it has a lush and airy sounding vocals which sound fantastic and very life-like. However, the main reason I will keep the os v3 over these is because of the mids recession. The vocals are too back in the mix to the point of me concentrating on them. It is truly a shame and one of those 'could have been' iems.
I'm sure eq can help in bringing the vocal forward

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #731 of 2,251
Received my new SG3 this afternoon. OOTB it came with both switches up and to my ears it sounded great. I would describe with both switches up as neutralish leaning bright and very airy. The weight is like a feather and are very comfortable for me. although I was very disappointed that at a price of $360 there was no neck cinch. Accessories included a nice mini pelican style case, very good, but not great cable. a pin to help you operate the tiny switches, and 2 types of silicone ear tips in s,m,l, and 1 pair of foam. No Instructions on the Switches, so I'll just have to play around with them. Bottom line for "MY" taste in sound, they are great. Any questions just ask me, but please keep in mind I don't own any testing equipment, so my answers will be just "MY" opinions.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #732 of 2,251
Received my new SG3 this afternoon. OOTB it came with both switches up and to my ears it sounded great. I would describe with both switches up as neutralish leaning bright and very airy. The weight is like a feather and are very comfortable for me. although I was very disappointed that at a price of $360 there was no neck cinch. Accessories included a nice mini pelican style case, very good, but not great cable. a pin to help you operate the tiny switches, and 2 types of silicone ear tips in s,m,l, and 1 pair of foam. No Instructions on the Switches, so I'll just have to play around with them. Bottom line for "MY" taste in sound, they are great. Any questions just ask me, but please keep in mind I don't own any testing equipment, so my answers will be just "MY" opinions.
You wouldn't happen to own or have extensively auditioned either the secret gardens or series 2's? I'm hopeful you or someone else can compare those 2 with the secret garden 3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back