The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #706 of 2,251
So far I have been listening with 2 configurations. both switches up & both switches down.

Both Switches Down:
I find the bass takes on a smooth presentation with a slightly slow bass decay. You dont get the punch you normally get from a dynamic driver. The midrange has sufficient body for the vocals. Treble extension is fair. Soundstage has good width and the depth is slightly closed in.

Both Switches Up:
Less bass presence, Higher transparency level for the midrange, More treble
Very informative. When you get time do try the other combination of 1 ↓ 2 ↑ and 1 ↑ 2 ↓
Thanks again.

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #707 of 2,251
I do really enjoy my series 2 alot and am anxious to see how you like your exclusive 3 when it arrives. Please share your impressions then at some point!

The vendor cancelled my order of the Exclusive 3. Actually they pretended that aliexpress shipping had lost it and agreed to send another. Then they said that they could not send another... that the last one in stock had a sound defect.... haha... like they actually opened that packaging and discovered that? I believe they never had it in stock at all even though they had assured another headfier that they did have it. They even told him it had shipped but I have found out that in the end they did the same thing to him. I might have one coming now from somewhere else but will believe it when I see it. I am determined now to have one!

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #709 of 2,251
Very informative. When you get time do try the other combination of 1 ↓ 2 ↑ and 1 ↑ 2 ↓
Thanks again.
Sure. I will update you.

oh good, more colors than the just red. available in red, purple, blue, and grey.
Yea they are shown on their official site.

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #710 of 2,251
The vendor cancelled my order of the Exclusive 3. Actually they pretended that aliexpress shipping had lost it and agreed to send another. Then they said that they could not send another... that the last one in stock had a sound defect.... haha... like they actually opened that packaging and discovered that? I believe they never had it in stock at all even though they had assured another headfier that they did have it. They even told him it had shipped but I have found out that in the end they did the same thing to him. I might have one coming now from somewhere else but will believe it when I see it. I am determined now to have one!
Wow, that's crazy! I hope you really enjoy them once you find a way to track a pair down!

Oct 13, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #711 of 2,251
Sure. I will update you.

Yea they are shown on their official site.
Any comparisons jump to mind? Seem to be in the general range of fiio fh5 and ibasso it04 among others, but honestly the Andromeda would be an interesting comparison as well.

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #712 of 2,251
I wonder who the seller was!!

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #713 of 2,251
I wonder who the seller was!!

Yaoyaotiger....have had mostly positive experiences with them but not this time.

I don't know why they make up those ridiculous lies. They should just say they were mistaken...that they thought they could get it. They wanted us to choose something else.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #715 of 2,251
2018-10-19 04.54.39 1.jpg
Still love the old king's bass quality tho, with King Pro stock cable

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #716 of 2,251
According to Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews IT01 are better soung IEM than Secret Garden :frowning2:
Is it even possible? People here say Queens are better than IT01 and SG are the best TFZ till date. I'm confused now. Can someone put more light on this?

Better sounding? To him apparently. I think we all know by now that everyone has different taste, different music, different ear anatomy, different hearing, even different expectations and moods. Choice of tips makes a difference as well... often a huge difference. You have to get a good fit with whatever you have for it to sound good.

No one except you can decide what is better sounding to you. People are going to debate these things forever. Don't assume that just because something is more expensive that it will sound "better" to you... or to me.

I finally took delivery two days ago of the elusive TFZ Exclusive 3. To me it sounds great! It suits my music and listening preferences. That does not mean that I will get rid of my ITO1 because it also sounds great:) As long as I can get lost in my music I am happy. I don't worry about which is "better" when I am in the moment.

My Exclusive 3 cost less than all three of the ones you mentioned. Sadly they are almost impossible to get now. I think most of them got sent to Massdrop at some point. I do not know if they are still manufacturing the Exclusive models. The 3 seems to be the most difficult to find.

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #717 of 2,251
TFZ Secret Garden 3!!!
20181019_184220_HDR.jpg

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #719 of 2,251
Better sounding? To him apparently. I think we all know by now that everyone has different taste, different music, different ear anatomy, different hearing, even different expectations and moods. Choice of tips makes a difference as well... often a huge difference. You have to get a good fit with whatever you have for it to sound good.

No one except you can decide what is better sounding to you. People are going to debate these things forever. Don't assume that just because something is more expensive that it will sound "better" to you... or to me.

I finally took delivery two days ago of the elusive TFZ Exclusive 3. To me it sounds great! It suits my music and listening preferences. That does not mean that I will get rid of my ITO1 because it also sounds great:) As long as I can get lost in my music I am happy. I don't worry about which is "better" when I am in the moment.

My Exclusive 3 cost less than all three of the ones you mentioned. Sadly they are almost impossible to get now. I think most of them got sent to Massdrop at some point. I do not know if they are still manufacturing the Exclusive models. The 3 seems to be the most difficult to find.
Thanks a lot buddy for your views.
What should be the best upgrade to Exclusive King?

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #720 of 2,251
Thanks a lot buddy for your views.
What should be the best upgrade to Exclusive King?

As I have never heard the Exclusive King, I am not the one to answer that question. Do you need to "upgrade" or are you just in the mood to try something different? I remember you saying you were happy with the King and I know others love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back