The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #737 of 2,251
Last night I noticed that my right outer ear (pinna) was getting sore. because of the way the cable wraps around the pinna just at the point of the connection, but no problem with my left ear. I had my wife take photos of the fit in both ears with the original cable and a after market able. No problem with the after market cable, which allowed a deeper fit. YMMV.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #738 of 2,251
According to Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews IT01 are better soung IEM than Secret Garden :frowning2:
Is it even possible? People here say Queens are better than IT01 and SG are the best TFZ till date. I'm confused now. Can someone put more light on this?

I guess it's all preference and what you hear, I, myself listen to a load of genres from classic and hard rock, death metal, hip-hop, pop, classical, industrial and to me I agree with Bad Guy on this. The IT01 is non-fatiguing for me and I can coast through all genres.

The TFZ Secret Garden on the other hand was a bad meal for me and one restaurant I'll never return to simply because of quality control issues. I really can't compare the two because it simply wouldn't be fair publicly, privately and what I did hear compared to the IT01 the SG's are garbage. Disclaimer: audiophile new to the iem scene.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #739 of 2,251
Yearzero, is it the sound of the SG or because of the quality control issues? Please let us know of what your QC issues are. I don't take what Bad Guy says in a review as gospel, but he did say in his review of the SG that he did like it and recommended it. Later on in his review of the IT01 he said in comparison to the SG that he did not like the recessed mids of SG compared to the IT01. Maybe calling the SG garbage compared to the IT01 is because of your qc issues, if not, please explain why you think they are garbage. On all the reviews of the SG I've read or listened to, not one reviewer referred to the SG as "garbage".

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #740 of 2,251
Yearzero, is it the sound of the SG or because of the quality control issues? Please let us know of what your QC issues are. I don't take what Bad Guy says in a review as gospel, but he did say in his review of the SG that he did like it and recommended it. Later on in his review of the IT01 he said in comparison to the SG that he did not like the recessed mids of SG compared to the IT01. Maybe calling the SG garbage compared to the IT01 is because of your qc issues, if not, please explain why you think they are garbage. On all the reviews of the SG I've read or listened to, not one reviewer referred to the SG as "garbage".
I've had both and they both have recessed mids. If anyone wants good mids performance I would advise looking elsewhere.

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #741 of 2,251

Like I stated it's all preference, I had QC issues with the SG's to what as I could hear I can't give a fair shake publicly to the SG's but my private opinion it's garbage because of the QC issues, and AFAIK they were TFZ's flagship for a moment, now that I think about it - I might buy a lottery ticket.

That's why I used the analogy of eating a bad meal at a restaurant, my personal preference I am not going back to that place and spending my cash on garbage. (hope that clears it up for you)

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #742 of 2,251
Like I stated it's all preference, I had QC issues with the SG's to what as I could hear I can't give a fair shake publicly to the SG's but my private opinion it's garbage because of the QC issues, and AFAIK they were TFZ's flagship for a moment, now that I think about it - I might buy a lottery ticket.

That's why I used the analogy of eating a bad meal at a restaurant, my personal preference I am not going back to that place and spending my cash on garbage. (hope that clears it up for you)
I assume he wants to know what the QC issue was!?

Oct 21, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #743 of 2,251
Yearzero: Did you contact the seller and/or TFZ about getting a remedy for your iem? You state "My private opinion it's garbage because of the QC issues". Did you contact the seller and or TFZ about the problem? By the way, it's no longer "your private opinion". If you didn't contact anyone, it is my "Open" opinion you shouldn't come on here and bash a product. I purchased the Fidue A83 for $305 and after 1 week I had a problem with cable connection. I contacted the seller who sent me a new cable which solved the issue.

Oct 21, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #744 of 2,251
I assume he wants to know what the QC issue was!?

Yearzero: Did you contact the seller and/or TFZ about getting a remedy for your iem? You state "My private opinion it's garbage because of the QC issues". Did you contact the seller and or TFZ about the problem? By the way, it's no longer "your private opinion". If you didn't contact anyone, it is my "Open" opinion you shouldn't come on here and bash a product. I purchased the Fidue A83 for $305 and after 1 week I had a problem with cable connection. I contacted the seller who sent me a new cable which solved the issue.

The issue was a blown driver, something that QC would have caught before it was even boxed up, you could hear the distortion even from a phone source non dac/amp. It couldn't even handle the sensitive rating it has.

My opinion is just that. I've poured over this thread and several IEM's that were going to be perfect for me and the SG's seemed to check all boxes- tbh they look dope I really wish their wasn't a quality control issue, so out of all the people who have cred and reviewed it I am not running around telling them that it was garbage - or run to the guy that rec'd it on youtube and tell him he f'd me - no, not at all. Maybe just maybe they gotta up the QC game for a "flagship" device.

TFZ is going to lose any customers from me, they just lost me. Out of all the iem's I have tested in this past month this one I had high hopes for and it was hopefully the one for me. It just was not the one but I am contemplating on getting a 2nd pair. That it why I cannot "publicly" compare the two because it wouldn't be fair - I got the ones that were garbage, if you heard them you would likely agree.

But I see we have different personalities and views and yes this is an open forum - the ones I got were garbage end of story. I do not have the virtue or luxury of patience and have little tolerance.

Glad you got your Fidue's squared away :wink:

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #745 of 2,251
For those who owns the Secret Garden 3 this picture will help you guys somehow though,
Ultimately enjoy the IEM.
IMG-20181021-WA0000.jpg

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #747 of 2,251
From the recent posts it's clear that SG has recessed mids and I guess they won't work for my preference. May be it's time to seriously think about DM6.
Yes they do have recessed mids. I was a-b'ing for hours with my other iems and would say the secret gardens are not worth it for the mids but could have been exceptional. The best iem I've tried so far in terms of really good bass and midrange is the os v3 however, that iem is slightly recessed which can be acceptable but not great. Male vocals aren't really reccessed to me but female vocals are due to its tuning.

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #748 of 2,251
For those who owns the Secret Garden 3 this picture will help you guys somehow though,
Ultimately enjoy the IEM.

I am not planning to get these (more than happy with my Exclusive 3) but I find it odd that there is no setting for both normal highs and normal lows. Am I missing some kind of middle position? There seem to be two settings for normal low with enhanced highs.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #749 of 2,251
Whenever SG 3 is mentioned people start talking about SG and recessed mids. These are 2 different offerings with deceptively similar names with an addition of a 3. Or am i just hallucinating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back