The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #151 of 2,251
Thanks! They Seems to be good value. But I have realised that I can't use them with that design. Thought I could ignore it but I can't.

So instead I looking at flights the e5 and series 5s. What is difference between exclusive 5 and series 5s?
Not sure if you can still get the Series 5s since TFZ seems to be in the midst of replacing/redesigning them, but overall it has a very different tuning compared to the new TFZs that uses the newer dual magnets driver, where it's mostly an L shaped signature, with a very warm sound and prominent bass though still quite detailed. I personally own the Exclusive 5 and had tried the Series 5s, and would prefer the Ex5's brighter, more balanced V-shaped signature while it still has plenty of sub bass impact for my basshead cousin.

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #152 of 2,251
Oh I see.

I really like the design more in the 5 series and the King more then on the exclusive series.

To bad the exclusive 5 seems to be the most fun sound.

If you compare the King to kz zs5/zs6 the King is brighter and has less bass?

Im pretty used to neutral sounding headphones. But I concluded that I really like it when the bass goes deep.

I also come to value soundstage pretty high. Before I got my kz zs5 I didn't think I'm could have a good soundstage

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #155 of 2,251
how bright as compared to say zs5?
I've only tried the later versions of zs5 but I would say quite similar in terms of brightness. However, the King is just overall more balanced and smooth compared to the zs5 with impressive details and clarity. I know that the zs5 is hyped a lot but personally I think it didn't really sound that nice even for the price point as it just isn't coherent enough for that price bracket, though note that I'm referring to the later versions instead of the V1, which I wasn't able to try out.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #156 of 2,251
Oh I see.

I really like the design more in the 5 series and the King more then on the exclusive series.

To bad the exclusive 5 seems to be the most fun sound.

If you compare the King to kz zs5/zs6 the King is brighter and has less bass?

Im pretty used to neutral sounding headphones. But I concluded that I really like it when the bass goes deep.

I also come to value soundstage pretty high. Before I got my kz zs5 I didn't think I'm could have a good soundstage
I've tried on the Series 5 and personally own the Ex5 and although both are comfortable, overall the Ex5 just feels more stable due to the smaller housing where the Series 5 feels a bit more loose. For a more neutral sound, the King is the choice though it's still not considered neutral like the Hifiman Re400.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #157 of 2,251
Bros, I've gotten the TFZ King, hope I made the right decision.

Been tick tocking between the Ex5 and King but chose the latter as it's more balanced and also Ryan's glowing review.
I'm fine with ZS5 size hence I feel the King's size should be fine for me.

Nov 12, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #158 of 2,251
Bros, I've gotten the TFZ King, hope I made the right decision.

Been tick tocking between the Ex5 and King but chose the latter as it's more balanced and also Ryan's glowing review.
I'm fine with ZS5 size hence I feel the King's size should be fine for me.

I went with the King as well. I figured the more pronounced treble would suit me since I enjoy Grados and Beyerdynamics too.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #161 of 2,251
I was too indecisive for 11.11, but was leaning towards the King for its clarity. I have the zs5 which I really like for its soundstage, and wouldn't want a downgrade in bass quantity. Can the King can EQ for more bass properly without losing too much quality? Ex5 and Series 4 makes decisions all the more difficult...

I'm also keeping an eye on the pioneer se-ch9T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back