The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #122 of 2,251

Unfortunately that only seems to be a worthwhile deal for people living in America. I just did the math and with the shipping its barely a discount to have it shipped to me compared to buying it from Aliexpress.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #125 of 2,251
We "know" that the more expensive it's better but not in the case for TFZ. Which one should one get if one needs
1) metal casing
2) balanced ( tilt to abit of fun )
3) good mids
The Exclusive 5 ticks all those boxes in my opinion but I have no other TFZs to compare them to. The mids are nice and detailed, there's more bass than I was expecting from the reviews and the cases are metal. The only thing I don't like about them is the cable connections - they begin to work loose quite easily.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #126 of 2,251
We "know" that the more expensive it's better but not in the case for TFZ. Which one should one get if one needs
1) metal casing
2) balanced ( tilt to abit of fun )
3) good mids

I only have the Exclusive 5 but it is similar to what you want. It has a metal casing (kinda similarly designed like the RHA ones), has a slight V-shaped sound, with detailed mids albeit recessed as compared to the other frequencies. Go read up some reviews of them, most of them I find quite accurate.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #128 of 2,251
Just got my Exclusive 5 silver yesterday. Loving it. It’s probably the best all round IEM that i have ever listened to. Punchy bass, and i’m talking sub bass, articulate mids and not too sparkly highs. Comfort is great but the medium sized tips did not work well for me. The large tips work well and provided a good seal and am getting a pair of spinfit cp100 tips to try out as well. Pairing the exclusive 5 with my Fiio X3iii and A3 amp.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #129 of 2,251
Anyone tried the tfz my love II? If I'm correct it has the 12 mm driver?

Want to upgrade my zs5/zs6. I have concluded that I really like the bass in kz5/6 and I read that the TFZ have even more addicted bass. But I have never called myself a basshead

I have looked at the tfz exclusive King and exclusive 5.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #130 of 2,251
Anyone tried the tfz my love II? If I'm correct it has the 12 mm driver?

Want to upgrade my zs5/zs6. I have concluded that I really like the bass in kz5/6 and I read that the TFZ have even more addicted bass. But I have never called myself a basshead

I have looked at the tfz exclusive King and exclusive 5.

I'm hoping to have my review of the My Love II up tomorrow. It uses 12.0 mm dual magnet graphene drivers like other TFZ. It's right up there with the 5 and King as one of the better models they've got (that I've heard). Same detailed, vibrant sound as the King but with the 5's awesome bass peformance. Mids are bit more lush than either. They have a killer sound stage too. I think they're better than the Series 4 which feels somewhat compressed in comparison (smaller staging, less emphasis at the frequency extremities). Still a good iem, but the II is a more impressive listen, and cheaper to boot.

20171101_145133.jpg

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #131 of 2,251
I'm hoping to have my review of the My Love II up tomorrow. It uses 12.0 mm dual magnet graphene drivers like other TFZ. It's right up there with the 5 and King as one of the better models they've got (that I've heard). Same detailed, vibrant sound as the King but with the 5's awesome bass peformance. Mids are bit more lush than either. They have a killer sound stage too. I think they're better than the Series 4 which feels somewhat compressed in comparison (smaller staging, less emphasis at the frequency extremities). Still a good iem, but the II is a more impressive listen, and cheaper to boot.

Thanks man! I'm really looking forward to your review. I can get the my love 2 version for about 50 bucks from Aliexpress

Just wanna l be sure it the right one for me. I'm very interested in the King and e5 too as they are pretty cheap now with they 11.11 sale

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #132 of 2,251
Thanks man! I'm really looking forward to your review. I can get the my love 2 version for about 50 bucks from Aliexpress

Just wanna l be sure it the right one for me. I'm very interested in the King and e5 too as they are pretty cheap now with they 11.11 sale
The My Love 2 is about $15 more expensive from a local store but I can get it in 2-4 days instead of 15 days from AliExpress....I'm really tempted to get it. I was going to try the King next but after reading B9Scrambler's post, I'm starting to change my mind. I hate this forum: I don't need any more IEMs!

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #135 of 2,251
If you don’t like the more forward raw sound of King, try the Exclusive 5. I tried Exclusive 2,3,5, King, and series 4. I’ve got a good ear for sound and i feel the Exclsuve 5 is the best sounding of all and has the best bass reproduction as well. I bought the exclusive 5 around 2 days ago and using the spinfit cp100 tips, it smoothens out the sound even more. I’m very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back