The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #1,186 of 2,251
My take on the TFZ My Love III. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-07-10_22-45-28-2.jpg

So I bought the TFZ no 3 TI since you were saying that it was the best TFZ to be made to date, i think its a pretty good iem, totally worth its price, bass is MASSIVE on this guys, will let it burn in (since it arrived i can already tell its changing a bit from the very first trial) so since you were right, i already ordered the balance 7, in my quest for a good planar i think the size of em looks pretty interesting (and its sort of phonogram form with the driver going into a cavity... it looks really funny tbh...) really curious about em

bass in the no 3 is really amazing, the fh7 has a bit more sub bass and rumble, though lately ive been annoyed by the bit of sibilance they have, im waiting on a pair of dunu 4001 to compare em and possibly only keep 1 between those 2, still this 3 TI are truly impressive for the price
Glad to see you enjoying the No.3 Ti. Happy Listening! :)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,191 of 2,251
Does anyone have the tfz 2019 my love edition? If so can you give me brief description of it? Mine is stuck at the customs and hopefully will come by next Friday at the latest (I hope).

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1,192 of 2,251
No, no mix up, on the previous page AlexCBSN mentioned the Kxxs, so I gave my reason for not buying them. Doing the twine fix would be a pain everytime I claned my iem.
I get you man, I thought it would be a pain too, but honestly, nothing has happened, I’ve been using my dm6 balanced tips and dm7 bass tips on em, so as spin fits 145 and none has slipped on me, the worse ones are the dm7 and dm6, the lips are ridiculous, I think the kxxs are worth the price

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,193 of 2,251
Kxxs is way more spacious, and even though it’s a 1dd, the sq is outstanding, though in technicality the tfz has a bit more of an edge, still need to spend more time with em, though the kxxs is a bit higher in impedance, and is a bit more detailed, i think the tfz can get a bit congested in some areas but still bass is superior and has a nice rumble
Thank you! And what about vocals and clarity?

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #1,194 of 2,251
Thank you! And what about vocals and clarity?
I never tried the kanas pro or the kanas, though I can tell clarity is top notch, i haven’t burn them in, but ootb they are prettty impressive, even more being a single dd, I’ll let you know, though I’m really excited for the balance 7, just got an lcd2c pair, my only experience with planars were the m1060, the audeze are in another level, the p1 are so cool as well. I like how with proper power they become something quite amazing, I’m really excited to check out the tfz’s

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,196 of 2,251
The TFZ B.V2 earphones that I won on Aliexpress are lightweight, kill a ton of ambient noise and sound very good (especially given their price). They’re a little on the large size, so small ears (concha) may be cramped. The playing time is ~3 hours, depending on the volume level of the phones.

They are very ‘airy’ with great bass. They’ve gotten much better after a couple weeks of break-in, too.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,197 of 2,251
AlexCBSN: Thx for the response. A few years ago I was sitting in a Starbucks and all of a sudden it happened. I was stuck until my wife came back and checked her bag for a pair of tweezers, which lucky for me she had. Do you own the TFZ No. 3?
That happened to me with the dm6, so annoying I was coming back from a concert and had to wait until I arrived home to pull the tip out, yes. I own the no 3 titanium, they just came yesterday I. The mail, still burning em in,I think they are pretty amazing, bass is massive on em

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,199 of 2,251
I never tried the kanas pro or the kanas, though I can tell clarity is top notch, i haven’t burn them in, but ootb they are prettty impressive, even more being a single dd, I’ll let you know, though I’m really excited for the balance 7, just got an lcd2c pair, my only experience with planars were the m1060, the audeze are in another level, the p1 are so cool as well. I like how with proper power they become something quite amazing, I’m really excited to check out the tfz’s
That's great to hear! Aswell as soundstage vocals are number 1 priority on my list they have to sound forward, clear and full without sounding recessed, thin or dull. Which one out of the kxxs and tfz no.3 ti do you feel does this the best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back