The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,171 of 2,251
Hi guys,
Debating to pick up an inexpensive pair of IEMs off of Drop and the TFZ T2 and KZ ZS10 are the same cost. Has anyone had experience with both? Which is more detailed? Which would be closer to neutral with slightly enhanced base?

TIA!!!

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #1,172 of 2,251
Hi guys,
Debating to pick up an inexpensive pair of IEMs off of Drop and the TFZ T2 and KZ ZS10 are the same cost. Has anyone had experience with both? Which is more detailed? Which would be closer to neutral with slightly enhanced base?

TIA!!!
Hmmm. That's a tough one. I have both. They're both REAL GOOD. But I absolutely LOVE the T2 Galaxy. My suggestion is to get the T2 Galaxy off Drop and grab the ZS10 PRO off Amazon or AliExpress if you want to save some $$. I got my ZS10 PRO when there was a sale on Amazon for $39. T2 off Amazon for $62 and theyre worth every penny plus more.N sure why they don't get more praise.
The T2 Galaxy has more bass. The ZS10 PRO has the overall more bright sound signature. The ZS10 PRO has thinner sounding mids compared to the T2 Galaxy due to the elevated lower and mid midrange on the T2.
The ZS10 PRO puts more space between you and the performer while the T2 is more imitate. With live recordings like Sarah McLachlans' MirrorBall I feel like I'm at the sound board at the back of the venue while with the T2 I'm much closer. Everything's more initimate. Both are good good sound signatures, just a bit different.
If I could only have one I would get the T2 Galaxy. That driver they use is damn impressive.

Edit.......TFZ T2 Galaxy in Gold/Purple is $39 on Amazon right now. Whoever is even THINKING of picking these up they are a STEAL at $39. Still worth $60. But a steal @ $39.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #1,173 of 2,251
RikudouGoku: I have the Galaxy S8 and it has no problem driving my MEE Pinacle P1 which are notorious hard to drive. P1= 50 ohm 96 +/-3db. King Pro= 55 ohms 106db. King Pro has 108db sensitivity compared to my P1 with 96-99db sensitivity (no contest).

Jul 8, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #1,174 of 2,251
Hi all, I am new to this forum and bought the TFZ no. 3 (regular) based on your recommendations. Just got it a couple of days ago and will give a more detailed review soon.

My initial impressions, using stock cable/tips:
- For the price, it is a very good IEM, light, comfortable with good isolation. It is V shaped and quite musical. Overall I would describe the sound as warm.
- The subbass and bass are the best aspects of this IEM. Very good punch and good quality/quantity/clarity for the bass. It is the most bassy of my 15 IEM/headphones I own, but then again I am not a basshead. There is no midbass bleed and the bass is very well controlled.
- The mids are above average compared to other IEMs in the same price bracket. The mids are recessed and may not have as good seperation/microdetails as other more expensive earphones, so it may not be for those who want a very analytical profile for critical listening, but rather this IEM is more for fun listening.
- The treble is slightly boosted and has minimal silibance. Quite airy. Did not find it fatiguing so far.

TL;DR:
A warm V shaped IEM. With very excellent bass. It is a very fun IEM and very good for its price point.

Hi after listening to the TFZ No. 3 (regular) for almost a week, I have submitted a detailed review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tfz-no-3.23581/reviews#review-22329

I have to admit after listening to it extensively, my opinion of the recessed mids is very different from when I heard it just out of the box. Maybe in the future, I have to listen more extensively (and maybe burn in?) before coming to a set conclusion. I would now term this IEM as more of U shaped IEM than a V shaped one, with slightly recessed lower mids.
It is one of the most non fatiguing warm, yet vivid IEMs I have ever heard and I am loving it more each day. I think it is an excellent IEM for its price.
I have not heard the Moondrop Kansas Pro, so not sure if for a single DD IEM, which is better.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #1,175 of 2,251
TFZ TX-BEAR10f-700x700.jpg

After wetting your appetite with that budget priced Planar perhaps you'll decide to shell out a few bucks more for the TBear 10 driver. :)
Boy, I'd love to read feedback on this one...

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #1,176 of 2,251
The Bear 3 looks hawt

003-700x700.jpg

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,178 of 2,251
I'm enjoying my No 3, but wish I had more isolation. What size Comply will fit? Are their other isolating tips you recommend? Thanks.

I don't use comply or foam tips, but I have tried tip rolling with the stock tips, KZ starline tips and spinfits so far with the TFZ no. 3.
IMHO the spinfits (CP 100) provide the best isolation and boost the bass and treble slightly. The spinfits extend deeper into the ear, so it may be a tinge more uncomfortable than the stock ones.
The starline tips have poorer isolation compared to spinfits and the stock tips, and also make the sound thinner.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,179 of 2,251
I don't use comply or foam tips, but I have tried tip rolling with the stock tips, KZ starline tips and spinfits so far with the TFZ no. 3.
IMHO the spinfits (CP 100) provide the best isolation and boost the bass and treble slightly. The spinfits extend deeper into the ear, so it may be a tinge more uncomfortable than the stock ones.
The starline tips have poorer isolation compared to spinfits and the stock tips, and also make the sound thinner.

Thank you very much for this!

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1,181 of 2,251
I've had my no 3's for a little over a week now, and I'm finally getting familiar enough to begin talking publicly about them.
I love their bass quantity and quality and overall general tonality. I still feel they're a step behind my tfz king limited's, but that's not an insult, as the king ltd's are the best single dynamic that I own.
The no3 are warmer and darker overall than the king LTD, but the LTD has better resolution and clarity with more airy treble in comparison with the no3.
They're both fantastic for their prices, and are complimentary signatures to each other.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #1,183 of 2,251
Yea, the Balance 7 is efficient. Price of LCDi4 & CL2 are around 5.7 and 2.3 times more respectively though. Similarly, I don't expect the S10 Genie to rival my Kaiser Encore which is around 2.6 times more. It is good to see more planar options at more affordable price range to cater to more people. Something for everyone. Cheers! :)
So I bought the TFZ no 3 TI since you were saying that it was the best TFZ to be made to date, i think its a pretty good iem, totally worth its price, bass is MASSIVE on this guys, will let it burn in (since it arrived i can already tell its changing a bit from the very first trial) so since you were right, i already ordered the balance 7, in my quest for a good planar i think the size of em looks pretty interesting (and its sort of phonogram form with the driver going into a cavity... it looks really funny tbh...) really curious about em

bass in the no 3 is really amazing, the fh7 has a bit more sub bass and rumble, though lately ive been annoyed by the bit of sibilance they have, im waiting on a pair of dunu 4001 to compare em and possibly only keep 1 between those 2, still this 3 TI are truly impressive for the price

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #1,184 of 2,251
So I bought the TFZ no 3 TI since you were saying that it was the best TFZ to be made to date, i think its a pretty good iem, totally worth its price, bass is MASSIVE on this guys, will let it burn in (since it arrived i can already tell its changing a bit from the very first trial) so since you were right, i already ordered the balance 7, in my quest for a good planar i think the size of em looks pretty interesting (and its sort of phonogram form with the driver going into a cavity... it looks really funny tbh...) really curious about em

bass in the no 3 is really amazing, the fh7 has a bit more sub bass and rumble, though lately ive been annoyed by the bit of sibilance they have, im waiting on a pair of dunu 4001 to compare em and possibly only keep 1 between those 2, still this 3 TI are truly impressive for the price
Glad to hear your liking them! Which one do you prefer for soundstage and vocals out of the no.3 ti and kxxs?

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #1,185 of 2,251
Glad to hear your liking them! Which one do you prefer for soundstage and vocals out of the no.3 ti and kxxs?

Kxxs is way more spacious, and even though it’s a 1dd, the sq is outstanding, though in technicality the tfz has a bit more of an edge, still need to spend more time with em, though the kxxs is a bit higher in impedance, and is a bit more detailed, i think the tfz can get a bit congested in some areas but still bass is superior and has a nice rumble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back