The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jan 30, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #226 of 787

Under Preferences -> Shell Integration there is a checkbox "Set as the default CD player"

I am deeply ashamed.
I was looking for it under Display.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #227 of 787
And, ready for the next dumb question, is there a way to get an option to physically delete a file from the hard drive, not just remove it from the playlist?
I find it unpractical that, while selecting music I want to keep or not, I have to open the folder and delete the file...
Some players offer a way to do it within the player.

And, a way to move a track (in this case not physically) to the next tab/playlist.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #228 of 787
  And, ready for the next dumb question, is there a way to get an option to physically delete a file from the hard drive, not just remove it from the playlist?
I find it unpractical that, while selecting music I want to keep or not, I have to open the folder and delete the file...
Some players offer a way to do it within the player.

Right click on the playlist item.
Select File Operations -> Delete File

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #229 of 787

Right click on the playlist item.
Select File Operations -> Delete File

I told you it was the next dumb question.
I must be tired.
I had edited the question anyway.
Do you by chance know the answer to the other matter?

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #231 of 787
Other than that the cut and paste works really well with the playlists.

Yeah, it does, but somehow I felt that on a massive playlist it could be faster one single command "move to adjacent playlist".
In the while I was using copy and paste.

Do you know if it is possible to make the deleting faster? Like one shortcut, and no confirmation dialogue?

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #232 of 787
You can always select multiple files using Ctrl+click or Shift+click before you delete them.

There is also a way to create custom shortcuts: check the Preferences ->: Keyboard Shortcuts.
  1. Press the [Add New] button
  2. in the tree view in the Action section scroll down to Context -> File Operations -> Delete File(s)
  3. click the white field in the Key section and enter your preferred key combination, e.g. Ctrl+D 
  4. press [OK] and you're done

From then on pressing Ctrl+D should delete the selected items in the playlist and their corresponding files. But the conformation dialog will still show up and I don't know the way to bypass that. And personally I wouldn't want it, but let's not start discussing preferences....

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #233 of 787
  From then on pressing Ctrl+D should delete the selected items in the playlist and their corresponding files. But the conformation dialog will still show up and I don't know the way to bypass that. And personally I wouldn't want it, but let's not start discussing preferences....

works like a charm.
Thanks again.
I go to the oculist on Monday.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #234 of 787
Hey guys, anyone using Cd Art Display or something similar? I'm trying to make it work but well... if it did I wouldn't be here asking xD. I've seen some foobar components to integrate cad but no luck so far.

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #236 of 787
Hey thanks for the link, however that's not what I meant. CdArt Display is a small program that shows a minified (skinnable) player on the desktop which shows currently playing song and may or may not have simple controls like pause next stop for the music player.

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #237 of 787
Well, as you can guess I had no idea that such a thing exists, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help.

If you don't get any help here you can always try the CD Art Display forum. Not much traffic there, but hopefully authors of the software scan it sometimes.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #238 of 787
How do I use a VST wrapper and something like Electri-Q? I don't quite understand how to get the two to worth together..

Also, can anybody input with my question below?
Quote:
Hello guys, I'm resampling some hi-res flac (88, 96, 176, 192khz - 24bit) to 44.1 or 48khz - 16bit files on foobar. I'm using SOX resampler which I've heard has built-in dither (please confirm).

Question is if SOX resampler plugin does have built-in dither, do I need to apply dither at the file output setting as well (pic below) or is that redundant and not necessary? If the latter, how does it affect sound quality?

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #239 of 787

I am not an expert but I want to answer because nobody does.
For the wrapper, you open the wrapper and use its search function to look for the dsp you want to load. It is that easy.
So, you just have to install the wrapper in Foobar, not the other dsp. You load the wrapper in the dsp chain, open it, search for the dsp to load, end.
I had problems with ElectriQ and I use now other EQ which I find much better, but if you want that one you should ask @Joe Bloggs because he has more experience in that.

For SoX in my very limited knowledge I can tell you I understood that dither is only useful when downsampling. And in that case should always be used. I suppose it is absolutely harmless if you leave it active also when you are playing files which are already at 16bit, because they would not be resampled, I think.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #240 of 787
Now I have a question too: does anybody know how to set the advanced settings relative to playback?
I have understood that it may be beneficial to change them, to have better performances. But I ignore what they really do and which settings would be better.
Particularly I would like to understand:
  1. full file buffering up to
  2. wasapi
  3. thread priority

EDIT: other question: why when I scan a file (flac or mp3) for replay gain, the result for that file is always the same amount of db, no matter which target value I set in the advanced options? I would think that if I set 70 I should get less db than if I set 100...
EDIT2: strange, the same track, ripped in mp3, if I scan for replay gain with foobar it suggests -5.25db (as said, always, no matter which target value I had set), but if I apply first replay gain with mp3gain at 88.8 and in foobar I right click the file for properties, foobar shows that the value is -0.43db, and if I scan it foobar suggests -0.73. If I delete all replay gain values in that track, foobar still suggests -0.73...
What???
Why does foobar suggest two different value for the same track when no replay gain info is present?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back