the Florida meet
Jul 10, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #182 of 215
I have a cardas cable on its way so I can contribute my equinox cable. I'm out of town through next Saturday but will be checking in. Let me know when and where to send them.

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #183 of 215
Mikeg and tyrion, it seems that we now have a critical mass of cables!

I'll be up in South Florida (Hollywood area) this week from Thursday 15th until the following Tuesday 20th. Perhaps we can meet somewhere for Senn cable mini meet? Otherwise, I can send the Cardas, Silver Dragon, and Bayley to either of you so we can get the process started.

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #184 of 215
yes, definitely. this cable shootout sounds like a wounderful excersize. i have a stefan audio art that i am not using. i was going to sell it soon, but if it is needed for the shootout, then i would volunteer it.

i think it would be a good idea to do pretty extensive comparisons. i guess i especially like to be aware of the "fatigue" effect far more than most other traits, as i like to be able to spend four+ hours in my headphones every day. course, y'all already know my opinion about the stock cable's usually characterized "flat" sound actually being a desirable trait to me over what i perceive the equinox to sound "compressed" in the end after the extra high frequency information. then again, to each his own.

Clark

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:27 PM Post #186 of 215
Wayne, I will be back in town the 7/18. I will pm you my cell phone number. I will have two new amps to audition, a LaRocco PPA with a diamond buffer and HD25, so this may be a good time for me to get the cables or a real bad time. I certainly can send the cables out on Monday to someone else, if I am not able to get to review them right away.

Jul 10, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #187 of 215
I have a Cardas but Wayne's already contributing one. I'm definitely interested in trying out the cables though, and I'll be able to contribute the best choices for the HD-600. Are you considering a mini-meet for that weekend Mike? Just you & wayne or are others invited also? I'm up for a roadtrip down there to south florida so just let me know.

Jul 10, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #188 of 215
Holly and I are willing to host a small number of people, but space is even more limited than last time. The drive time from Hollywood to Sarasota is about 3 1/2 hours, and is this something that Wayne, and others from the East Coast, or further up north, are willing to do? As far as setups, we would have space for only a couple or three; i.e., source -> amp.-> HD650/600 headphone. Although I can supply one HD650 (and possibly an HD600, we'd need others to bring a couple more of these Sennheiser headphones. And, of course, each owner of these headphones will have to be willing to have cables connected and disconnected from their headphones. So, where does this leave us? Is it possible, instead, for someone in a more central location, and with more available space, to host this sort of a mini-meet; i.e., a mini-meet that's restricted to Senn. HD650/600 cable comparisons?

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #189 of 215
These are all good thoughts, guys. I'm free most of next weekend and it would be no problem for me to travel. I'd be up for a roadtrip to Tampa, Orlando, or anyplace more central. I could bring the cables that I have as well as a pair of HD650 and HD600.

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #190 of 215
Now that I think about it, pretty much for every replacement cable there is a stock one around, so maybe my willingness to send my stock was a little ludicrous. But might be helpful to have several stock cables around though, if there's the plan to do several stock vs. replacement cable comparison simultaneously with several listening stations.

Most likely I'll have to pass this other meet though, unless it's much closer than Orlando for me. So once location is decided I'll mail the cable to one of you guys.

PS. Hey how about that, just became a Headphoneus Supremus! Add one to the FL Supremus headcount then
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #191 of 215
I would love to host it but my wife and I are getting in late Satuday night and I just will not have time. I will host a meet in the future. I have enough room to set up probably 10 to 15 source > amp > cans combos. I probably would have to limit to 7 to 10. I will give plenty advance notice so we can work it out. I may be able to do it before end of summer, with kids away. I will update when and if I figure it out. I am more than happy to contribute my equinox. Just tell me where to send or I could give it to Wayne on Sunday, if he is around.

Jul 10, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #192 of 215
That would be really cool mikeg if we could do another mini-meet there. We'll have to be super-sensitive though about the comparisons. Perhaps block out some time for each person in your office there and keep all conversations in the rest of the house. This would make for a very different meet environment but should produce some solid opinions. From there we can assemble the traveling cable pack and send it on its way.

Jul 11, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #194 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
space is even more limited than last time.

By "last time" do you mean the most recent meet... or our little 5 person meet a few months ago? Would you be up for about the same number again?

Getting excited already......

Jul 11, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #195 of 215
If we don't have an offer for another location, lets at least get a head count of the number who want to make it to my place in the Sarasota area. I'd like to limit it to about five or so. I'm also still waiting for word from Gene (agile_one). As for setups, it'll have to be a small number, and we'd want to restrict the testing and listening mostly to the Senn. cables. I'll of course also bring out my new R10, although I don't have the new Maestro or modified Marantz SA8260 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back