The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #751 of 6,678
User Space Cowboy allowed me to translate his impressions on the Fitear lineup from the French forum. Hope I do a good enough job. Please excuse me for the tacky translation.

EDIT: here is the original: http://forum.tellementnomade.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2714&start=60#p142406

All the Fitear models I have tested (F111, Parterre, Togo334, MH335DW, Monet et C435) have a real recognizable "Fitear" touch to their sound. The common aspects in their sound can be qualified as follows: a true 3D out of head sound, a sound that moves in space in a way I have never encountered before, crystal clear highs, very well articulated mids and bass, and very high resolution. Given these aspects, I trully appreciate their entire lineup, which cannot be said for any other brand.

F111:
The entry to Fitear's product range. And what an entry ! It is the shyest model in terms of lower frequencies, which at the same time does not lack in that area. I have often heard that they were similar to the ER4P (which I hate), but fortunately for me, this is not true. At this price level, the transparency in unbeattable (but I have not tried the 4ai), the soundstage is very airy, wide and deep. The mids are very enjoyable and the highs are precise. They put to shame, in my opinion, well known IEMs such as the W4 or SM3. Finally, they are quite compact, and with their big brother the Parterre, they are among the most comfortable universals I have tried. A really solid contender / safe bet.

Parterre:
Almost double the price of the F111, you have similar design and comfort, an upgraded cable (same as for the TG334) and more drivers (not sure how many yet). And to what effect ? A gain in overall balance, one step above in resolution, and an even larger soundstage. This soundstage, the level of detail and the great balance of the Parterre are the aspects of this iem that impressed me most. In terms of overall performance, these are really top tier and may be compared to the 334. If you want more body and better articulation in bass and mids, the 334 will be for you, but if you want a more balanced sound and airy soundstage, you might like the Parterre. I think they will sell truckloads of them.

MH335DW:
I already mentioned these quite often. The sound sig is close to the 334, more focused on bass and mids, slightly at the expense of highs. Compared to the TG334, you have faster and tighter bass, with a bit less mid bass, more details in mids and highs, and highs that are slightly more laid back. The resulting sound is very organic, visceral in my opinion. The soundstage is the most intimate of all Fitear models, but still with great depth and the same 3D "made in Fitear" effect. On many aspect, they remind me of the LCD2. The level of transparency is incredible, only the Tralucent 1plus2 (with a very different approach to sound) and some other Fitear models may rival the 335 on this aspect. An incredible mix of fun and technical performance.

Monet:
The issue with the listening to the Fitear lineup, is that you want to buy them all. As they were created specifically for Anime music, I had negative prejudice against this model. The Monet is a 3 way 4 driver iem: 2 for Low/mid et and 2 ways with 1 driver each for the highs. So how does this slightly unorthodox configuration sound? Well it sounds like an iem with a great overall balance, the best extension in highs accross the lineup. Lower bass have great impact, mid bass is less forward than on the 334 and 335, so the sound is more neutral, mids are also more laid back, but just as technically proficient and detailed. Finally soundstage is wider than for the 334 and 335. If you do not like the 334 and 335 sound sig, you might prefer the Monet. It might be the most versatile model of the lineup. I personnaly loved these and it was like torture to decide between these and the 335.

C435:
Fitear's former flagship before the introduction of the 335
. They have 5 drivers in a 4 way configuration (nothing much :wink: ): 1 low, 2 mids, 1 high mid and 1 high. Once again we find ourselves listening to stratospherical technical performances at the level of the Monet or 335. The C435 has tighter bass and a dryer tone and might be the most analytical of the 3  (analytical in terms of presentation, not performing better. All 3 perform at comparable levels). The highs are slightly less natural than on the 335 and Monet, and the sound is overall less fun, so I slightly preferred the other two models.

Well I hope this will help you see clearer in the Fitear lineup. I will conduct a complete review of the 335 later.

May 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #752 of 6,678
Quote:
User Space Cowboy allowed me to translate his impressions on the Fitear lineup from the French forum. Hope I do a good enough job. Please excuse me for the tacky translation.

All the Fitear models I have tested (F111, Parterre, Togo334, MH335DW, Monet et C435) have a real recognizable "Fitear" touch to their sound. The common aspects in their sound can be qualified as follows: a true 3D out of head sound, a sound that moves in space in a way I have never encountered before, crystal clear highs, very well articulated mids and bass, and very high resolution. Given these aspects, I trully appreciate their entire lineup, which cannot be said for any other brand.

F111:
The entry to Fitear's product range. And what an entry ! It is the shyest model in terms of lower frequencies, which at the same time does not lack in that area. I have often heard that they were similar to the ER4P (which I hate), but fortunately for me, this is not true. At this price level, the transparency in unbeattable (but I have not tried the 4ai), the soundstage is very airy, wide and deep. The mids are very enjoyable and the highs are precise. They put to shame, in my opinion, well known IEMs such as the W4 or SM3. Finally, they are quite compact, and with their big brother the Parterre, they are among the most comfortable universals I have tried. A really solid contender / safe bet.

Parterre:
Almost double the price of the F111, you have similar design and comfort, an upgraded cable (same as for the TG334) and more drivers (not sure how many yet). And to what effect ? A gain in overall balance, one step above in resolution, and an even larger soundstage. This soundstage, the level of detail and the great balance of the Parterre are the aspects of this iem that impressed me most. In terms of overall performance, these are really top tier and may be compared to the 334. If you want more body and better articulation in bass and mids, the 334 will be for you, but if you want a more balanced sound and airy soundstage, you might like the Parterre. I think they will sell truckloads of them.

MH335DW:
I already mentioned these quite often. The sound sig is close to the 334, more focused on bass and mids, slightly at the expense of highs. Compared to the TG334, you have faster and tighter bass, with a bit less mid bass, more details in mids and highs, and highs that are slightly more laid back. The resulting sound is very organic, visceral in my opinion. The soundstage is the most intimate of all Fitear models, but still with great depth and the same 3D "made in Fitear" effect. On many aspect, they remind me of the LCD2. The level of transparency is incredible, only the Tralucent 1plus2 (with a very different approach to sound) and some other Fitear models may rival the 335 on this aspect. An incredible mix of fun and technical performance.

Monet:
The issue with the listening to the Fitear lineup, is that you want to buy them all. As they were created specifically for Anime music, I had negative prejudice against this model. The Monet is a 3 way 4 driver iem: 2 for Low/mid et and 2 ways with 1 driver each for the highs. So how does this slightly unorthodox configuration sound? Well it sounds like an iem with a great overall balance, the best extension in highs accross the lineup. Lower bass have great impact, mid bass is less forward than on the 334 and 335, so the sound is more neutral, mids are also more laid back, but just as technically proficient and detailed. Finally soundstage is wider than for the 334 and 335. If you do not like the 334 and 335 sound sig, you might prefer the Monet. It might be the most versatile model of the lineup. I personnaly loved these and it was like torture to decide between these and the 335.

C435:
. They have 5 drivers in a 4 way configuration (nothing much :wink: ): 1 low, 2 mids, 1 high mid and 1 high. Once again we find ourselves listening to stratospherical technical performances at the level of the Monet or 335. The C435 has tighter bass and a dryer tone and might be the most analytical of the 3  (analytical in terms of presentation, not performing better. All 3 perform at comparable levels). The highs are slightly less natural than on the 335 and Monet, and the sound is overall less fun, so I slightly preferred the other two models.

Well I hope this will help you see clearer in the Fitear lineup. I will conduct a complete review of the 335 later.

Nice comparison between all fitear models. 
size]

May 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #755 of 6,678
Quote:

F111:

Parterre:

MH335DW:

Monet:

C435:

Thank you ever so much for the time taken to translate this piece!

With the exception of the Monet, which I have not heard and probably never get the chance to hear. The Parterre which I am in line to buy when launched.

Space Cowboy, is right on the money with his brief impressions.......excellent synopsis!!! I concur with everything he has written and so well translated by you!

Its is good to read people hearing things correctly
size]

May 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #756 of 6,678
I have a series of skype conversations I thought I'd post here concerning the different FitEar lineups as well. My good friend Kalbee went to demo the bunch on different days. He also says to take it with a grain of salt :)

Quote from Kalbee:
FitEar mh334 fits my ears SO WELL never had anything this comfortably fitting.
Mids are great... Violins are almost par none. Bass is just about right, and its texture is GREAT!! Nice thump for not too strong. But might be fatiguing for me that is sensitive to sub bass.
Treble an also quite nice.
SS is quite nice. Separation is clear.
Sensitive enough to tell my E17 has noise.
Twinkle Star never sounded this good.
Not sure if its cable that was pulling out
Female vocals are amazing but male ones (Coldplay) is not as emphasized. Something like Vidro Moyou may also not be as spectacular.
The more expensive DW version (dual bass BA) for some reason doesn't sound more bassy but its slightly better..! Might be due to terrible fit the treble sounded better.
 Those are the notes I wrote on my phone in stores
Short impressions. Gotta say it sounds damn fine, and I guess that's due to it probably not sounding flat but emphasized at just the right places
The bass in the end might be a little overwhelming for me in the long run. Overall the Freq Phase JH13 Pro are probably superior in sound but also more expensive.
Actually the store employees have their currently using earphones listed with the displays and they all seem to be using the JH pro 13 and 16 (one guy).

Got to try the ToGo and the Monet today
Monet... a little underwhelming IMO. The upper register is better than the 334 custom (1Low 1 Mid 2 High instead of 1L 2M 1H), but mids are not as sweet. Don't forget I am a ortho/planarmagnetic person so mids are naturally one of my most important part of the spectrum. 
Actually the uppers are quite great, not too much emphasis but nice extension. Definitely sounds more picky than the 334 due to enhanced treble/details.
Guess it depends on the mids in question, Yanagi Nagi seems to sound better on the Monet than the 334.
I'd say the sound is V shaped, the mids certainly don't jump out as much and not as smooth, full.
Fit is quite good (guess just so happens, since they're customs).
Sound is almost more similar than different to the 334. Price on the other hand is about $100 more.
Perfume sounds good on pretty much anything but this is spectacular lol.
I think the more that I listen to it the more I like it.
Switched to the 334 ToGo and quite honestly the mids in the 334 is superior. Male voices are much more natural sounding (the Monet had something missing in the males). Females too.
Fit is terrible, sticks out like no tomorrow. Switched to my own single flange tips (V-MODA Bliss, these fit quite nicely on the ToGo) and it got SO MUCH better. The UIEMs themselves still stick out of the ear quite a bit. I guess comply foams wouldn't be good since it would accentuate bass and lower treble even more.
In terms of sound pretty much same deal as the custom 334 (since the fit of the demo model was perfect for me).

A FitEar 1L 2M 2H would be PERFECT! The Unique Melody Merlin is this configuration but sounds a little bright. Just a little too much treble and upper mids.
So in the end all the UIEMs and CIEMs I heard till now... if money is no issue I'd go for JH13Pro's. On a slightly tighter budget, UE900 or 334 ToGo, but seriously the treble in the 334 is a real shame. Similar to my modded gears, they could use a bit more treble. Might not be dark sounding per say but the highs certainly feels a little stuffy or at least lackluster.
P.S. when I mention Yanagi Nagi it's really Vidro Moyou.

If I hadn't been spoiled with all the different high end gear I've tried lately i think I would've loved the MH334... the amount of treble is has is not unlike my gear, let's say. But since the FreqPhase stuff and the Monet, the treble on the MH334 is just lackluster
In terms of my favorite, I'd probably still go for the 334 or the ToGo version of it. Not only is it cheaper, those mids are really something.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are A shaped in sound signature, but getting close. Maybe they are A shaped.
Oh... and if you're able to untangle this nomenclature of "4 way 3 unit 5 receiver" it would be great (worry)
Probably should have revised myself on the Parterre's sound tho
So yeah, the ones i tried are the MH335DW, MH334, Monet, MH334 To Go, Parterre.

May 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #757 of 6,678
^
You can tell that I'm pretty new to CIEMs.
Those are also short notes that I wrote on my phone while in the stores... so they come come out as proper impressions but slightly more point form.

May 16, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #758 of 6,678
Quote:

MH335DW:

Monet:

C435:

I'm wondering, if you can consider the 335 more LCD2 esque. Could you say that the Monet is similar to the characteristics of an HD800 while the 435s are for a more neutral approach?

May 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #760 of 6,678
Hello, I'm Space Cowboy of the french forum. I didn't speak about the TG334, because I own them (and I'm a big big fan of them) and already wrote a complete review on the same forum. Thank you very much Mimouille for your translation. My poor english skills don't allow me to do this. 

May 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #761 of 6,678
Anyone know what is the impedance of the fitear MH335DWs?

Mine still haven't arrived yet but I fingers crossed I should be getting them pretty soon.

May 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #762 of 6,678
Quote:
Hello, I'm Space Cowboy of the french forum. I didn't speak about the TG334, because I own them (and I'm a big big fan of them) and already wrote a complete review on the same forum. Thank you very much Mimouille for your translation. My poor english skills don't allow me to do this. 

Your thought and views about the FitEar range were excellent!!!

Thank you very much
size]

May 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #763 of 6,678
Jaben Singapore selling at $3K for the MH335DW..................................
eek.gif

Any idea where can I buy cheaper for my Mage replacement ever since I lost it...........................
frown.gif

Thanks......................................
redface.gif

May 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #764 of 6,678
Jaben Singapore selling at $3K for the MH335DW..................................:eek:

Any idea where can I buy cheaper for my Mage replacement ever since I lost it...........................:frowning2:

Thanks......................................:xf_eek:
jaben HK 2180 usd, just send them ur impression with order form

May 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #765 of 6,678
Jaben Singapore selling at $3K for the MH335DW..................................:eek:

Any idea where can I buy cheaper for my Mage replacement ever since I lost it...........................:frowning2:

Thanks......................................:xf_eek:

Just letting you know, jaben hk turned me away after I let them know I was from Singapore :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back