The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #406 of 6,694
Quote:

No.  I went to an audiologist which has experience with making CIEM so I just told them I'm getting these for CIEM and got a standard open mouth impression done and the audiologist knew to have the impression made deeper and must pass the curve of the ear canal.  Reading about people's varying experience with customs regarding close/open ear impressions I think it's more of a matter of some personal luck and manufacturer preference.  Since I've got no problems with getting a good fit and seal with an open mouth impression when I did my JH16 I'm sticking with what worked for me.  YMMV.  

Totally Agree.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #407 of 6,694
Quote:

No.  I went to an audiologist which has experience with making CIEM so I just told them I'm getting these for CIEM and got a standard open mouth impression done and the audiologist knew to have the impression made deeper and must pass the curve of the ear canal.  Reading about people's varying experience with customs regarding close/open ear impressions I think it's more of a matter of some personal luck and manufacturer preference.  Since I've got no problems with getting a good fit and seal with an open mouth impression when I did my JH16 I'm sticking with what worked for me.  YMMV.  

Thanks.

We should get together sometimes and compare notes on the 335 with a 
size]
 or something.......

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #408 of 6,694
Quote:

AnakChan

Did you try it on the Woo that you had the picture of? And briefly, how was the synergy? 

Thanks

I've been going out a lot so I've been using my RWAK100, Go-DAP X LME49860, & CLAS -dB/Rx Mk3 (balanced IC and balanced 000 cable). I'm going out again now so I'll have to try the WA7 again tonight & get back to you.

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #409 of 6,694
Quote:

I've been going out a lot so I've been using my RWAK100, Go-DAP X LME49860, & CLAS -dB/Rx Mk3 (balanced IC and balanced 000 cable). I'm going out again now so I'll have to try the WA7 again tonight & get back to you.

Thanks and look forward to it...........

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #410 of 6,694
Quote:
@glassmaple:  It's HKD$15500 at DMA not including ear impressions.  I paid first and had my ear impressions done later but I don't see why you can't just bring the impressions done first and then go and pay them on the same day.  

Man that's still $2000 USD. This is more like a status symbol now more than anything haha. Which DMA did you go to, btw? there are a few locations from their website.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #412 of 6,694
Quote:
We should get together sometimes and compare notes on the 335 with a 
beerchug.gif
 or something.......

Yes we should. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Man that's still $2000 USD. This is more like a status symbol now more than anything haha. Which DMA did you go to, btw? there are a few locations from their website.

I went to the one in Mongkok inside Sim City (there're two there, and it's the non-Pro shop).

I'm trying to not think about it that way lol, but I had always thought about owning a pair of FitEar since the middle of last year, the desire grew as I did more research about the company especially with how nearly all of my favourite Japanese singers using FitEar CIEM and after about 9 months of mulling over it it's finally time I reward myself a pair. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #415 of 6,694
Quote:

Thanks and look forward to it...........

So far, the W7 has had a 3 hr warm up before using it. I'm using the HP-A8 as the DAC as I personally feel the AKM AK4399 DAC in the HP-A8 implementation is tad more detailed than the WA7's [size=small]PCM5102A [/size]DAC. I'm using the 000 cables.

So far, I get the warm fuzzy feeling with this combination. With Anne Hathaway's I Dreamed A Dream, the vocals sounded raw and lacked the crisp clarity that one would hear in a typical soundtrack, whilst the accompanying orchestra has the detail and lushness. If the vocal channel is the same as used in the movie, then this is actually a good thing 'cos the soundtrack is accurately represented - raw vocals but rich orchestra.

Meanwhile, with the "This is Chris Botti" album, all I can say is "wow"! that lush rich warm and smooth sound from the WA7 together with the MH335DW's warm signature goes really well. All that's missing in my apartment is the romantic candle lights, a warm bath, and my wife (and her earphones or this atmosphere would be all too one-sided). It's a very coloured (and therefore inaccurate) tonal signature but maintains toe tapping musicality and the sense of spaciousness is tremendous. I must say I'm lost in the space more so than focusing on any detail it may present.

Similarly with the Best Audiophile Voices VI's Sarah Morgann's "Through The Eyes Of Love", her vocals are lush and rich. The lower mids to the mid-bass decay actually works well in the warm presentation. The piano sounds so fluid. It's like listening to vinyl.

Switching to something different, like Usher's Climax the intro worked really well with some deep electronic however I think I miss some of the highs to give the track some sparkle. Having said that, Taylor Swift's Red has a nice deep thump but surprisingly no boominess but a rather quick decay instead. Her vocals are also lush rich. So whilst I may not necessarily be enjoying the whole of Usher's "Looking 4 Myself" album, I could easily enjoy Taylor Swift's entire Red album (or most of the tracks anyway).

Hope this gives a little bit of an idea of the synergy between the two. Bedtime otherwise I'd be able to do a better comparison between the WA7 and, say, some SS amp with the MH335DW.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #416 of 6,694
Quote:

So far, the W7 has had a 3 hr warm up before using it. I'm using the HP-A8 as the DAC as I personally feel the AKM AK4399 DAC in the HP-A8 implementation is tad more detailed than the WA7's [size=small]PCM5102A [/size]DAC. I'm using the 000 cables.

So far, I get the warm fuzzy feeling with this combination. With Anne Hathaway's I Dreamed A Dream, the vocals sounded raw and lacked the crisp clarity that one would hear in a typical soundtrack, whilst the accompanying orchestra has the detail and lushness. If the vocal channel is the same as used in the movie, then this is actually a good thing 'cos the soundtrack is accurately represented - raw vocals but rich orchestra.

Meanwhile, with the "This is Chris Botti" album, all I can say is "wow"! that lush rich warm and smooth sound from the WA7 together with the MH335DW's warm signature goes really well. All that's missing in my apartment is the romantic candle lights, a warm bath, and my wife (and her earphones or this atmosphere would be all too one-sided). It's a very coloured (and therefore inaccurate) tonal signature but maintains toe tapping musicality and the sense of spaciousness is tremendous. I must say I'm lost in the space more so than focusing on any detail it may present.

Similarly with the Best Audiophile Voices VI's Sarah Morgann's "Through The Eyes Of Love", her vocals are lush and rich. The lower mids to the mid-bass decay actually works well in the warm presentation. The piano sounds so fluid. It's like listening to vinyl.

Switching to something different, like Usher's Climax the intro worked really well with some deep electronic however I think I miss some of the highs to give the track some sparkle. Having said that, Taylor Swift's Red has a nice deep thump but surprisingly no boominess but a rather quick decay instead. Her vocals are also lush rich. So whilst I may not necessarily be enjoying the whole of Usher's "Looking 4 Myself" album, I could easily enjoy Taylor Swift's entire Red album (or most of the tracks anyway).

Hope this gives a little bit of an idea of the synergy between the two. Bedtime otherwise I'd be able to do a better comparison between the WA7 and, say, some SS amp with the MH335DW.

Thanks very much for the thoughts, they are much appreciated!!!

It is definitely in my sights..............

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #417 of 6,694
My MH335DW is back to me. The surface "crack/scratch/ was gone. They probably polish it. The inside defect is still their but they confirmed that it won't be affected anything. Now, I'm waiting for the replacement of my ALO National, since It was DOA.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #420 of 6,694
How many places can we order FitEar Custom IEM?
The cheapest price would be in Japan of course.
I live in Thailand but the Jaben price here is above $2500 which I think it's too much from the original price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back