The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #286 of 6,694
My MH335DW order with ear impressions, along with my friend's order and impressions, are about to arrive at FitEar on Monday
size]

I have chosen:-

Left side - blue faceplate, clear shells, blue tips

Right side - red faceplate, clear shells, red tips.

Besides the branding and the serial numbers, I have chosen to have the names of my daughters printed on the earpieces, younger one on the right side and older on the left.

Now the wait.....................................

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #287 of 6,694
Quote:
My MH335DW order with ear impressions, along with my friend's order and impressions, are about to arrive at FitEar on Monday
size]

Besides the branding and the serial numbers, I have chosen to have the names of my daughters printed on the earpieces, younger one on the right side and older on the left.

Awesome !

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #288 of 6,694
Quote:
size]

Nice combo. Presumably done through Jaben?

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #291 of 6,694
Heard the universal versions of the Fitears I am interested (435, 333 and 335) in at Jaben today. Detailed responses would be irresponsible of me, and not possible at any rate, but given the paucity of information on them I thought this would be helpful:

• The 435 is the most neutral sounding and yet very high performing in the other metrics (bass punch, clarity, soundstage etc...) where the best and most neutral single BAs (ER4, PEF) struggle a bit. I cannot detail whether it is indeed very accurate but it would be interesting to see these measured.
  • The 333 is good but I find them a little grainy re 435 and 335. For FR I don't doubt they are colored but not very heavily.
  • The shocking thing about the 335 is the bass - it feels more like speakers or at least a big headphone than any other in-ear I have heard in terms of impact. Those extra drivers must have been put to good use. Again I think it's a little colored but due to the very high performance in terms of clarity and soundstage it is not intrusive, and as a package the 335 is unique.

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #292 of 6,694
Quote:
Heard the universal versions of the Fitears I am interested (435, 333 and 335) in at Jaben today. Detailed responses would be irresponsible of me, and not possible at any rate, but given the paucity of information on them I thought this would be helpful:

• The 435 is the most neutral sounding and yet very high performing in the other metrics (bass punch, clarity, soundstage etc...) where the best and most neutral single BAs (ER4, PEF) struggle a bit. I cannot detail whether it is indeed very accurate but it would be interesting to see these measured.
  • The 333 is good but I find them a little grainy re 435 and 335. For FR I don't doubt they are colored but not very heavily.
  • The shocking thing about the 335 is the bass - it feels more like speakers or at least a big headphone than any other in-ear I have heard in terms of impact. Those extra drivers must have been put to good use. Again I think it's a little colored but due to the very high performance in terms of clarity and soundstage it is not intrusive, and as a package the 335 is unique.

From what I read it seems you enjoyed the 335 most of all, yes? And that is the DW model?

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #294 of 6,694
Quote:
From what I read it seems you enjoyed the 335 most of all, yes? And that is the DW model?

Well, I have huge respect for neutrality. It seems for me over time all the colored headphones seem to found a bit tiresome, but neutrality never fades. But what caught me on the 335s on first listen is wow, these huge DW bass drivers really work. Bass on even the best, most low freq extended IEMs tend to be "I can hear it there" rather than "I can feel it there" (as with bigger headphones, speakers or real life) but the 335DW is the first IEM where you actually feel something. I will probably get the JH13 for a neutral/fun custom IEM and the 335 as a fun IEM, but will probably given the JH16 and the 435 another listen, maybe swap around a bit.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #295 of 6,694
Quote:
Well, I have huge respect for neutrality. It seems for me over time all the colored headphones seem to found a bit tiresome, but neutrality never fades. But what caught me on the 335s on first listen is wow, these huge DW bass drivers really work. Bass on even the best, most low freq extended IEMs tend to be "I can hear it there" rather than "I can feel it there" (as with bigger headphones, speakers or real life) but the 335DW is the first IEM where you actually feel something. I will probably get the JH13 for a neutral/fun custom IEM and the 335 as a fun IEM, but will probably given the JH16 and the 435 another listen, maybe swap around a bit.

This month's planned trip to Tokyo is happening, just not for me :frowning2: It was a award trip for one (1) and no way would I want to go without my wife and I could not purchase her a place so............the good news is we are thinking about a family trip to Japan in Oct. to Japan and/or Korea. If we go, I'm am purchasing somehow, someway the 335s.........Lookout Sean here we come!  
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #296 of 6,694
This month's planned trip to Tokyo is happening, just not for me :frowning2: It was a award trip for one (1) and no way would I want to go without my wife and I could not purchase her a place so............the good news is we are thinking about a family trip to Japan in Oct. to Japan and/or Korea. If we go, I'm am purchasing somehow, someway the 335s.........Lookout Sean here we come!  :beerchug:

Wewhew! Good luck on that trip!

On another note, I'm thinking of (finally) posting impressions on my BTG FitEar cables later :) they're awesome! Is the gist.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #297 of 6,694
Quote:
This month's planned trip to Tokyo is happening, just not for me :frowning2: It was a award trip for one (1) and no way would I want to go without my wife and I could not purchase her a place so............the good news is we are thinking about a family trip to Japan in Oct. to Japan and/or Korea. If we go, I'm am purchasing somehow, someway the 335s.........Lookout Sean here we come!  
beerchug.gif

Haha!! You'll love it here.Happy to take you around if I'm free (and if I'm still here)!

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #300 of 6,694

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back