The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #6,616 of 6,678
Just got the 007B 4.4 for the DC. A perfect match. Fitears really do benefit from 4.4 terminals, especially the power hungry DC.
Absolutely! The DC really shines with power. It is underestimated otherwise. :)

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #6,618 of 6,678
Interested in the FitEar MH334, how does this set compared to the current market. Do they still hold up?
Perhaps since you are based in SG, should pop by Jaben SG and see @Uncle Wilson and try it against the other demo units at the store and listen for yourself.

For myself, I have listened to most the current market courtesy of Wilson and I think in terms of musicality, it still holds its own. Though you may wish to try the MH335 series and perhaps the DD based Air2 or DC Ti, which a lot of folks seem to be crazy about. I have them all and so I am agnostic as I rotate my FitEar customs. :)

Dec 30, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #6,619 of 6,678
Dec 31, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #6,620 of 6,678
No sound impressions but just a small little love letter/testimony of what FitEar means to me personally. Don't wanna just copy/paste but this thread deserved a bump and sometimes things do get lost in the watercooler thread since it moves at the speed of light, so feel free to read it here if you wish!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...-closes-dec-31.957426/page-5072#post-17893382

A very relatable write-up! Been a fan of Fitear since when the 335dw first came out over a decade ago and now the DC. A very underrated TOTL brand indeed.

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #6,621 of 6,678
Hi All and new to the Fitear thread!!

Have spend the past few days catching up with this thread and noticed the @Kiats impressions of the MH335HT, which caught my attention and curiosity.

Decided to visit Jaben SG, was greeted by the cheerful Uncle Wilson which I have requested to demo the MH335HT with my Ibasso DX240 Amp 1mk3

Personal impressions (to the best of my ability and YMMV)

Music types: 80s Rock, JRock, FF soundstrack, R&B

Treble: Smooth, Airy, Extended, Great clarity, sparkle but not harsh
Mids: Smooth, Full bodied, Great clarity
Bass: Tactile, Impactful, Full bodied, Great clarity
Soundstage: Large, Spacious

Conclusion: A very coherent, musical and easy to listen, do think it excels as an all rounder IEM

During the listening session, had also chatted with Uncle Wilson about the history of Suyama San and Fitear. While this was ongoing, also had the opportunity to meet the Fitear Guru, @Kiats (heard the calls of the C435 :relaxed:). It was a good exchange of knowledge and cable pairings for the Fitear lineup. Thankfully for both gents to share their vast knowledge of the Fitear world to a newbie :)

After some deliberation, have decided to place an order for the MH335HT and the wait begins!

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #6,622 of 6,678
Hi All and new to the Fitear thread!!

Have spend the past few days catching up with this thread and noticed the @Kiats impressions of the MH335HT, which caught my attention and curiosity.

Decided to visit Jaben SG, was greeted by the cheerful Uncle Wilson which I have requested to demo the MH335HT with my Ibasso DX240 Amp 1mk3

Personal impressions (to the best of my ability and YMMV)

Music types: 80s Rock, JRock, FF soundstrack, R&B

Treble: Smooth, Airy, Extended, Great clarity, sparkle but not harsh
Mids: Smooth, Full bodied, Great clarity
Bass: Tactile, Impactful, Full bodied, Great clarity
Soundstage: Large, Spacious

Conclusion: A very coherent, musical and easy to listen, do think it excels as an all rounder IEM

During the listening session, had also chatted with Uncle Wilson about the history of Suyama San and Fitear. While this was ongoing, also had the opportunity to meet the Fitear Guru, @Kiats (heard the calls of the C435 :relaxed:). It was a good exchange of knowledge and cable pairings for the Fitear lineup. Thankfully for both gents to share their vast knowledge of the Fitear world to a newbie :)

After some deliberation, have decided to place an order for the MH335HT and the wait begins!
I am so happy you managed to make a decision on the MH335ht. It will be worth the wait. As I said in our chat, the sound from the final custom will be even better than the the demo unit. For one, it will be more cohesive and impactful. And you are absolutely right: the reason why the MH335DW is so well regarded is that a BA based IEM can produce such visceral bass.

It was good to meet you too! I am glad you found time to go down to see @Uncle Wilson at Jaben SG. That is one of the blessings we have in Singapore. That we can demo and order FitEar customs. Good to meet you too! It was purely serendipitous because I was making one of my rare visits to drop off the new PMG Audio masterpiece of an IEM by @piotrus-g, the APX.

Look forward to hearing more when you receive the MH335ht. And do ponder the Raphael from @Eric Chong and the Eletech team. Frankly, both their SPC and copper cables for their entry level range are stellar as well. And they do very good FitEar connectors. They have had lots of practice with my FitEar customs. :wink:

Welcome to the FitEar family! :)

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #6,623 of 6,678
Welcome to the club, I am still waiting for my MH335ht to turn up...

Can't wait!

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #6,625 of 6,678
Is the FitEar DC and TI same IEM except the outer shell for different cosmetic? Is that a regular 2-pin connector? It only comes with 3.5mm cable so wonder if the cable can be replaced with 2-pin having 4.4mm connector.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #6,626 of 6,678
Is the FitEar DC and TI same IEM except the outer shell for different cosmetic? Is that a regular 2-pin connector? It only comes with 3.5mm cable so wonder if the cable can be replaced with 2-pin having 4.4mm connector.

Yes it’s the same internals. They use Fitear pins(similar to sennheiser hd6xx pins) and you’ll need a 2pin-fitear adapter if you plan on using your existing 2pins.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #6,627 of 6,678
Yes it’s the same internals. They use Fitear pins(similar to sennheiser hd6xx pins) and you’ll need a 2pin-fitear adapter if you plan on using your existing 2pins.
Tks for your response. So it's all universal version, correct? I wanted to try out DC but a bit of hassle looks like from order to make it compatible with my wires.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #6,628 of 6,678
Tks for your response. So it's all universal version, correct? I wanted to try out DC but a bit of hassle looks like from order to make it compatible with my wires.

They’re only ciem versions for now as far as I know.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #6,630 of 6,678

Users who are viewing this thread

Back