The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #5,011 of 6,678
AnakChan: it's interesting that you say Air 2 has bass weight. That's completely opposite to my impression. It sounded good enough to derail my plan to purchase MH335DW but couldn't get myself to drop 160K JPY due to lack of bass. I went back and forth and compared it to my favorite non-custom, T8iE MK2, and found it that even with weaker seal T8iE packs more pleasant rumble. I think I'll wait a bit until Fujiya-Avic has a demo unit and go and give it a more proper listen before jumping into anything.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #5,012 of 6,678
A lot depends on what you're used to I guess. I've been listening to the Titans mostly and the Air2 had more bass weight than the Titans to my impressions. Not as much as the MH335DW-SR nor original Air, but still have enough quite a bit of weight from the earphones I listen to.

I'm not familiar to the T8iE Mk2. May give it a listen one of these days.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #5,013 of 6,678
I again wonder what the impact of better source would be. First time I listened with my phone, Nexus 5X, which is generally rather bad but works OK with some efficient earphones. The second time I brought my laptop but didn't have any external DAC/AMP. The impression Air 2 left on me then was quite a bit better. In hindsight, I should've brought my Dragonfly Black.

Maybe your DX200 made all the difference!

EDIT: My main setup is my laptop + Dragonfly Black for listening to music while I work

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #5,016 of 6,678
On holidays with the FitEar Titan driven by the iBasso DX200 (balanced 2.5mm TRRS) :-

10036611.jpeg

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #5,018 of 6,678
The Uber works great with the Titan. This is v1.0 of Uber, not Uber Too. I’m using AMP3, 2.5mm TRRS.

I have to be frank that I hardly ever look or care about any other CIEMs anymore.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #5,020 of 6,678
I found some interviews with Suyama-san in Thai

http://rev.at1987.com/interviews/fitear-suyama-keita-part-1/
http://rev.at1987.com/review/fitear-keita-suyama-meet-greet-2017/

It's a pretty interesting read even though i'm using Google Translate. Few key points (CMIIW):

They are not going to release the TITAN outside Japan in the near forseeable future
Fitear Universal, Fitear Custom, and SR orders are being accepted in Thailand
Some discussion on the production part (why is titanium used, why is the shell filled, etc.)

With SR orders now being accepted in Thailand, i hope that the service will be able here soon.
And the Custom too, really keen to try a FitEar with an extended high.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #5,021 of 6,678
I've been kinda lost with the MH335DW & SR. Bear with me for a moment as I'm about to go through the history of my MH335DW-SR experience.

I heard the MH335DW demo units twice in two separate Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved the sound so went on to make the CIEM version. Upon receiving, I felt that it sounded different and in my mind preferred the demo unit versions (did I hype my own brain?). FitEar was gracious enough to "custom tune" my MH335DW and improved a little.

Same timeframe 1 year apart I heard the MH335DW-SR demo units twice again at the Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved the improvement that it made over my MH335DW CIEM - and felt that's how the MH335DW should have been in the first place. So after 2nd trial run, the MH335DW-SR was open to a selected few and I opted in. Again upon receiving I felt that it was only a slight improvement over my MH335DW CIEM. Once again FitEar was gracious enough to personalise my MH335DW-SR but in my mind I was still thinking the demo units I heard sounded more to my liking.

And that brings us till this month of which I had my MH335DW-SR CIEM for about a year.I was itching to hear the MH335DW-SR demo units again to see if I really still preferred the demo units over my CIEM. The demo units sounded remarkably more muted and dull! So yay!! Whether it's "expectation bias", whether it's "real burn in", whether it's "brain burn-in", or whether I just happened to get the wrong demo unit, I've finally walked away with satisfaction and contentment that my MH335DW-SR sounded to my ears than the demo units I had thought I'd love.

One caveat to that story above - I also heard the Monet 17....oooooohhhhhh.

Old reply revival, but just happened to come across this reply and wanna say I had exactly the same experience with both of my 2 CMs, including my, yes u guess it, MH335DWSR. At first I thought the demo sounded much better than my finished product, but after a year or so when I went back for a comparo my own CM won hands down in details, realistic reverb, layering and coherence. The 335DWSR is still a top dog in my humble opinion despite newer offerings from Fitear as well as mammoth 14-20 drivers CM/IEMs from other brands, which I also enjoy.

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #5,022 of 6,678
Old reply revival, but just happened to come across this reply and wanna say I had exactly the same experience with both of my 2 CMs, including my, yes u guess it, MH335DWSR. At first I thought the demo sounded much better than my finished product, but after a year or so when I went back for a comparo my own CM won hands down in details, realistic reverb, layering and coherence. The 335DWSR is still a top dog in my humble opinion despite newer offerings from Fitear as well as mammoth 14-20 drivers CM/IEMs from other brands, which I also enjoy.
For me after many years of the MH335DW-SR, it's finally been superseded by the FitEar Titan. I actually like FitEar's approach whereby the've gotten to the point by not even divulging the details of the contents of the earpiece but just taken the "listen and trust your ears" approach.

The TItan's have brought me to CIEM nirvana that I honestly haven't bothered much with what other brands are offering.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #5,023 of 6,678
For me after many years of the MH335DW-SR, it's finally been superseded by the FitEar Titan. I actually like FitEar's approach whereby the've gotten to the point by not even divulging the details of the contents of the earpiece but just taken the "listen and trust your ears" approach.

The TItan's have brought me to CIEM nirvana that I honestly haven't bothered much with what other brands are offering.
Damn, this makes me even sadder that the Air 2 is unobtanium for non Japanese. I read that it's meant to be an acrylic version of the titan.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #5,024 of 6,678

Had the rare chance to try on a Titan for a short while...............can't say I'd prefer it over the 335DWSR or so everly excited such that I'd would jump to order it right away, but guess I'll patiently wait for its overseas release and still order a pair then. These 2 compliment each other pretty well and if not for the head-fi bug I guess one could live with a combo of the two forever without the need to upgrade. Before the Titan release I was thinking to get ANOTHER pair of non-SR 335 to compliment my SR, but now the Titan seems to be the preferred choice.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #5,025 of 6,678
Damn, this makes me even sadder that the Air 2 is unobtanium for non Japanese. I read that it's meant to be an acrylic version of the titan.

Think it shall be available in SE Asia countries soon enough? That's what I heard but you know you seldom get official statements from Fitear unless and until the day of the official overseas release of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back