The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 25, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #4,351 of 6,694
The SR upgrade is still not for everyone right? I've got a single bore MH335DW, apparently it wasn't possible before.  

May 25, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,352 of 6,694
Not just that. I heard from another owner that he has 3 bores but still not eligible as the bores ae too small (or too close).

May 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #4,354 of 6,694
Is seems like we need abit of luck only will able to have the upgrade to SR.

Actually how do we look at the mh335dw, whether we are eligible to upgrade or not?

Firstly, if you're outside of Japan you're automatically ineligible (officially at least), as far as I know. Secondly, if you have a single bore, you're also ineligible. Thirdly (but not last?) if you have a 3-bore, then only Fitear can judge if your pair are eligible or not.

May 25, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #4,355 of 6,694
Thanks for the information. Will look forward on upgrade to SR once Japan will do this for the international market.

Actually for present I quite happy with the sounds from mh335dw.

Hope SR will have a big improvement. Spoken to some staffs at the audio shop they said is just very minimal.

Wondering why they said that...

May 25, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #4,356 of 6,694
I've been kinda lost with the MH335DW & SR. Bear with me for a moment as I'm about to go through the history of my MH335DW-SR experience.

I heard the MH335DW demo units twice in two separate Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved  the sound so went on to make the CIEM version. Upon receiving, I felt that it sounded different and in my mind preferred the demo unit versions (did I hype my own brain?). FitEar was gracious enough to "custom tune" my MH335DW and improved a little.

Same timeframe 1 year apart I heard the MH335DW-SR demo units twice again at the Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved the improvement that it made over my MH335DW CIEM - and felt that's how the MH335DW should have been in the first place. So after 2nd trial run, the MH335DW-SR was open to a selected few and I opted in. Again upon receiving I felt that it was only a slight improvement over my MH335DW CIEM. Once again FitEar was gracious enough to personalise my MH335DW-SR but in my mind I was still thinking the demo units I heard sounded more to my liking.

And that brings us till this month of which I had my MH335DW-SR CIEM for about a year.I was itching to hear the MH335DW-SR demo units again to see if I really still preferred the demo units over my CIEM. The demo units sounded remarkably more muted and dull! So yay!! Whether it's "expectation bias", whether it's "real burn in", whether it's "brain burn-in", or whether I just happened to get the wrong demo unit, I've finally walked away with satisfaction and contentment that my MH335DW-SR sounded to my ears than the demo units I had thought I'd love.

One caveat to that story above - I also heard the Monet 17....oooooohhhhhh.

May 25, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #4,357 of 6,694
So the Monet 17 is like less bassy and more reference like than the dw 335SR?

So many models. Dam u Jaben Australia for being so ridiculously overpriced! And not carrying most of the fitears anyway ...

May 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #4,358 of 6,694
Has the pricing for the Monet 17 been released yet?

May 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #4,360 of 6,694
  I actually believed Monet 17 was a new anime...

Monet 17. 

In the sprawling metropolis of Neo Tokyo, a girl with inexplicable attachment to earphones must battle against the horrors of hearing loss that plague the streets. 

Slated for a fall 2015 release. 
Animated by Studio Ufotable.
Directed by Gen Urobuchi
Soundtrack by Sawano Hiroyuki. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #4,365 of 6,694
Hi been off the head fi grid for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back