The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,297 of 6,678
Could you develop on the Layla being not good?

I'll try. Its kind of hard for me to describe stuff, as i usually only know if its good or ****. And if something better comes along, my previous good pretty much usually becomes **** instantly. Other than the tg334 who was only somewhat overthrown by the mh335.

The bass was a little smeared for me, there was bite and punch, but its kind of like a sumo fighters punch, lots of power and weight but no control. The bass for the 335's were very very well done. No complaints. Short of stax quality though. The one area where the layla might beat the 335 at is the detail in the bass. Then again, my ears are not really sure if its detail and layering or just graininess.

Mids, Fitear is king. There is this lack of clarity for the layla's. Again, lots of grain. The 335's were just way clearer and cleaner.

Treble, non existent on the layla's. The violins are supposed to bite, the layla's nibbled. The 335's went high, but not so high that you feel the need to pull it off your ears.

Fit, the universals for the 335's fit way better, as expected. And the customs, i expect to be of impeccable fit as well. One thing i admire about fitear, is their very japanese way of doing things. They are actually people who wanted to get the 335's, but were told by fitear to get the 334's instead of the 335, as their ears were either too small or shaped weirdly, therefore, they were unable to put the drivers the way they want them to (and they have only 5). They would rather not make the sale, than have a less than perfect representation of their product leave the door.

JH on the other hand, you can have ears the size of a mentos, and they will make their all 12 drivers and that 4th order crossover fit. A guy i know with insanely small ears literally have a Roxanne shaped like a cylinder. It stuck out his ears by about 2-3cm. The layla, angie and roxxanes fit horribly as well. If they made the bores abit longer, it would be a better fit.

Build, no contest. I can literally see the bubbles in the JH. The build of the bores for the layla's improved over the Roxanne though, its a little better finished. But once again. the holes in the bores are smaller than sand, if wax gets in there, its staying in there. The brush will not help, especially since half the bristles are stuck together. The casing that comes with the layla and roxxanes are really pretty though. Fitears, no complaints. Its actually better than Noble in terms of build (not creativity though) for the vanilla k10, they win due to their usage of titanium tubes in the bores, and most importantly, their connectors and sockets dont feel cheap. I feel that the finishing of the noble sockets can be done much better. The JH sockets were nice, but can be better, i feel like i might break one of the pins every time i try to put it in.

I did however, recently met a guy who prefers the layla to the 335. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

i will throw out this disclosure though. I HAVE NEVER, gotten a fit im happy with while using the jh roxanne, angie and layla. The sound signature seems to shift quite abit, as i push them in or as they just lay there, and it seems impossible to determine what they are supposed to sound like, or how good they can be as i cant seem to find a sweet spot. In this case, im just going to assume ive heard the best that they can do, and i just passed it by as its not good enough. However, for the 335's when i push them in deep enough, i literally get goosebumps, vivaldi four seasons summer was pure heaven.

My favorite among the JH so far is the angie's though. =) they sounded the best out of all three. Cleaner, tighter.

Source used was a vanilla Ak240 and Whiplash Twau.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,298 of 6,678
Anyone familliar with these sets of BA drivers? From what IEM are they?

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #4,299 of 6,678

Users who are viewing this thread

Back