The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,526 of 6,678

I was told by Jaben to expect at least a 2-3 month wait, so I'd say they're really busy!

I think 2 - 3 months is probably the new default wait time nowadays. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it seems like. Just looking at the amount of FitEar interest I see at the local Jaben in addition to the increased exposure the brand is getting online, I'd say every single day of the year is probably busy for them.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,527 of 6,678
I think 2 - 3 months is probably the new default wait time nowadays. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it seems like. Just looking at the amount of FitEar interest I see at the local Jaben in addition to the increased exposure the brand is getting online, I'd say every single day of the year is probably busy for them.

Mm... Reading about the person who got his FitEar CIEMs in 5 weeks quite awhile back makes me sad.
Oh well, the wait will make the product sound so much better!

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #3,528 of 6,678
Do you guys know if Jaben sends your order immediately or if they batch collect before sending to FitEar? I'd guess they'd do it in batches & if they do, that'll take some time too.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #3,529 of 6,678
Do you guys know if Jaben sends your order immediately or if they batch collect before sending to FitEar? I'd guess they'd do it in batches & if they do, that'll take some time too.

Hmm they may batch collect. Since when I ordered my 334s, they told me I had a 2-3 day window to change my order. I lost my net for about a week. Sent an email and they let me change my order once again to the 335s. I then waited a couple days and asked them if my impressions looked large enough for the SR mod, and they said yes after a quick yes. I'm working off of assumptions here, but I doubt they send them individually/immediately.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #3,530 of 6,678
I have been waiting for my Fitear CIEM for 3 months already. Was informed by Jaben that I have to expect to wait for another 2 months.

So that makes the current lead time to about 5 months (or more).

I almost forgot that I have ordered the CIEM until this thread was bumped up once more. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #3,531 of 6,678
Mm... Reading about the person who got his FitEar CIEMs in 5 weeks quite awhile back makes me sad.
Oh well, the wait will make the product sound so much better!

That was only in December last year. (Me!)

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #3,532 of 6,678
  I have been waiting for my Fitear CIEM for 3 months already. Was informed by Jaben that I have to expect to wait for another 2 months.

So that makes the current lead time to about 5 months (or more).

I almost forgot that I have ordered the CIEM until this thread was bumped up once more. 

That's crazy long!! I put down the order for my 335DW late Nov 2013 and collected them early Jan 2014, so about 5-6 weeks. There must have been a massive increase in orders (or some delay with component supply) for lead time to go up to 5+ months. Hope you get them without any further delays.

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3,533 of 6,678
I too believe that Jaben batch collects.
Makes sense for them cost wise, but sucks for us :p

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #3,535 of 6,678
well, local jaben guy tells me that Fitear's QC is supervised by Suyama-san himself..
so, when he goes somewhere (check his twitter @Kindo3 if you want to know his whereabouts) ,fitear's shipping line automatically stops working. because the final QC before shipping is done by him.. and only him. and i think he's in HK right now, for HK audio show, isn't he?

well, that's why fitear's shipping/lead time is very long.. but compromising that, you get a somewhat flawless product to play with..
the question is, is it worth it? (for me, yes! 
biggrin.gif
)

----
and it looks like i have found by accident that he have created a head-fi profile
eek.gif

i don't know you can tag someone in head-fi by just typing @ like twitter...

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,536 of 6,678

That's crazy long!! I put down the order for my 335DW late Nov 2013 and collected them early Jan 2014, so about 5-6 weeks. There must have been a massive increase in orders (or some delay with component supply) for lead time to go up to 5+ months. Hope you get them without any further delays.

Yeah its very long! I was initially thinking of picking up a MH334 but I think that given the wait, I better wait and see how my first order fare before plunging in again!

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #3,537 of 6,678
@theThirty3rd, i think we are the same batch, me also just ordered

Oh really? When did you order?
Might have seen you taking your impressions. Might have.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #3,538 of 6,678
  well, local jaben guy tells me that Fitear's QC is supervised by Suyama-san himself..
so, when he goes somewhere (check his twitter @Kindo3 if you want to know his whereabouts) ,fitear's shipping line automatically stops working. because the final QC before shipping is done by him.. and only him. and i think he's in HK right now, for HK audio show, isn't he?

well, that's why fitear's shipping/lead time is very long.. but compromising that, you get a somewhat flawless product to play with..
the question is, is it worth it? (for me, yes! 
biggrin.gif
)

Ah, I see.
That would surely be a reason for further delays, although in this case I feel it would be closer to having finished products sitting on a desk waiting to be shipped out.
It's probably a mix of this and the increased popularity that FitEar is gaining.

The wait is definitely going to be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back