The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #2,566 of 6,678
There may be another very good reason that FitEar avoids selling certain products globally. If a manufacturer sells on the global market they become subject to the consumer protection laws of buyer's country. Consumer laws very greatly from country to country. A recent example is the trouble Apple has has in Europe. In the US, there is no minimum warranty period for consumer electronics whereas in some European countries like Italy, a two year warranty is required by law and failure to comply can bring draconian fines and penalties. Sales to foreign countries also makes a seller amenable and subject to the jurisdiction of the buyer's country legal system if a dispute arises. Obviously, the more countries a product is sold to amplifies this problem.

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #2,567 of 6,678
Lukalop, thank you for your frank comments and we hope to welcome you one day as a fellow Fitear owner.

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #2,568 of 6,678
I think part of the reason lies at heart with culture. I was brought up with the influence of my parents, they were brought up from theirs and collectively my culture has passed down due to the location of my ancestry which is situated for the most part in Britain, whereas as I can only imagine how Japanese culture differs from others (including other Asian ethnicities) especially mine.

I have heard before amongst people that Japanese culture was unusual (in comparison to theirs), in how they view themselves as the supreme ethnicity. At the time, this to me seemed definitely racist (I will refrain from using this word now on). I now realise that just because a culture doesn't do things that are accustom to my culture, it doesn't mean they are rude are particularly in this case discriminating against others not of their own type. In the same way (although a different matter) to how I would not think it to be of any significance swearing casually with friends, it's the way I was raised. However I am sure there are a select few who would disagree that it is use of atrocious language which is fair enough. Just because we have conflicting opinions it doesn't particularly make either of us obnoxious.

As someone else explained, they (Japanese) do not view it in the sense of being rejective towards others, as it is accustom to them and part of their culture with different ways. So specifically going back to the case at hand, not allowing others outside of the Japanese culture to have a product seems absurd to me (the views of my culture) whereas this is normal for others (the views of their culture). I wouldn't like to delve any deeper though into this discussion & have uncovered the answers I was looking for. Although I cannot speak for everyone, this is what I have acknowledged about Japanese culture (at least on Suyama-San's behalf).

Again, if I do have the wrong end of the stick about this, I am not claiming it to be factual but am merely stating what I have understood.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #2,571 of 6,678
At the end of the day, a company can choose where it wishes to set up a presence and do business directly or through an agent. I believe we have gone through this debate previously.

I do not see the utility of revisiting this issue. Can we move on already?

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,572 of 6,678
I have a Q for 335 owners: when you received your custom, did you find it warmer or there to be more bass emphasis than the demo unit?

Thanks, guys!

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,574 of 6,678
I have a Q for 335 owners: when you received your custom, did you find it warmer or there to be more bass emphasis than the demo unit?

Thanks, guys!

In my experience, yes. I actually was concerned about that and got the FR chart for the demo units & my CIEM. FR chart shows they're not. Therefore the other possible conclusion is that I didn't have such a good seal with the universal demos as I did with the CIEM.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #2,575 of 6,678
Apr 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,576 of 6,678
In my experience, yes. I actually was concerned about that and got the FR chart for the demo units & my CIEM. FR chart shows they're not. Therefore the other possible conclusion is that I didn't have such a good seal with the universal demos as I did with the CIEM.

Thanks, AnakChan. I managed to get a good seal today by use of some eartips. It was an interesting match with the neutral sig of the AK240

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,577 of 6,678

That's understandable. Given the same frequency response of the 2 units, the universal/demo unit will slightly shift towards the upper end due to its shallow insertion (technically there will be more resonance within 7-10khz). Hence the warmer signature perception of the custom unit.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,578 of 6,678
I find the demo sounds quite faithful to the custom (minus the seal)
But once you get the proper seal of a customed 335, their ability to render bass is just incredible.
I've still yet to try it with an SW cable, according to Anakchan and MTTF review, it can still be further improved!

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2,579 of 6,678
Re: custom 335 vs demo 335.
I'm not sure myself, because I didn't go back and compare them once I received my custom unit. From what I remember, the demo units did a decent job of conveying the overall tonal balance and flavour. The custom unit simply improved upon all those features and brought some qualities of it's own - more extended bass and treble (especially bass), bigger soundstage, slightly warmer vocals. To my ears it was quite a significant jump. The demo made me think of the 335 as a great complement to my desktop, but the custom 335 has made me seriously consider selling off my entire desktop rig. Whether that's due to seal, placebo effect, different cable (001 vs 000) or genuine technical advantages of the custom build, I cannot say.

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2,580 of 6,678
I think part of the reason lies at heart with culture. I was brought up with the influence of my parents, they were brought up from theirs and collectively my culture has passed down due to the location of my ancestry which is situated for the most part in Britain, whereas as I can only imagine how Japanese culture differs from others (including other Asian ethnicities) especially mine.

I have heard before amongst people that Japanese culture was unusual (in comparison to theirs), in how they view themselves as the supreme ethnicity. At the time, this to me seemed definitely racist (I will refrain from using this word now on). I now realise that just because a culture doesn't do things that are accustom to my culture, it doesn't mean they are rude are particularly in this case discriminating against others not of their own type. In the same way (although a different matter) to how I would not think it to be of any significance swearing casually with friends, it's the way I was raised. However I am sure there are a select few who would disagree that it is use of atrocious language which is fair enough. Just because we have conflicting opinions it doesn't particularly make either of us obnoxious.

As someone else explained, they (Japanese) do not view it in the sense of being rejective towards others, as it is accustom to them and part of their culture with different ways. So specifically going back to the case at hand, not allowing others outside of the Japanese culture to have a product seems absurd to me (the views of my culture) whereas this is normal for others (the views of their culture). I wouldn't like to delve any deeper though into this discussion & have uncovered the answers I was looking for. Although I cannot speak for everyone, this is what I have acknowledged about Japanese culture (at least on Suyama-San's behalf).

Again, if I do have the wrong end of the stick about this, I am not claiming it to be factual but am merely stating what I have understood.

Plain and simple, you have understood wrong. I agree move on from this silly topic to something more tangible like the actual products themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back